• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Magic Power

Your opinion on Magic power in the Zelda series

• Don't bring magic back.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bring it back, but only for the use of magic weapons and items.

• Bring it back for everything, spells too (Din's fire etc)

• Total voters

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
i guess i'm part of the minority that doesn't like magic. I dont really think it's necessary. I like using the tools I have to complete the task at hand without having limited time to use them. Maybe I just don't like the limited usage with good items. However I do like the idea of using magic for spells

I prefer if link dont use magic because he is a swordman and a swordman dont use magic but his skills in combat to win.

I'd like the magic back. In Ocarina of Time I would occasionally find the boss door before I had gotten the boss key so I used Farore's Wind and when I got the key I would just warp back to the boss door. I did this many times in Twilight Princess and Wind Waker, but since those games didn't have Farore's Wind, I had to backtrack nearly half the dungeon just to find the key and then go back to the door. If magic returns, I would definitely want this spell back. I'd also like to see the other spells from Ocarina of Time return along with a few of A Link to the Past's spells.

SirBeta

Beta is βetter.
I don't know why they took it away. I guess it's more convenient not to have one, but it just makes more sense for it to be there. Also, it was fun upgrading it and strategizing which magic items to use so you don't run out of magic. Without that, you can just spam out with the magic items (which can make the game too easy).

Absolutely they should.

Part of the fun of being in a fantasy world like Zelda's is the magical spells and powers you can use. They should bring them back, I miss it!

I think ALTTP had the best spells. Plus in games like SS it would help preventing an overuse of the Skyward strike with a limited magic meter. Either way, I give a huge unequivocal YES to bringing it back.

Last edited:
I would really like it if magic reappeared in new Zelda titles. Things got just that little bit harder and you had more possibilities.
On the other hand I hated it when you had to use magic in ALttP but you had none left and no way to restore it. That was just annoying :dry:
There should be some sort of twist to it to make it interesting again...

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I think the best use of Magic they have used was in Ocarina of Time. You needed Magic to use anything that well, seemed magical which was the whole point of it having magical abilities. So in short, yes they should bring it back.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Yes, it was going to be in Twilight Princess. If you look at the back of the cover, there is a screenshot of Link fighting the Darknut in the Temple of Time, and there is a magic meter present.

View attachment 23319

I remember seeing this. I bet plenty of fans were pissed off when they found out that screenshot was before the meter was removed. Silly Nintendo.

I definitely would like to see more magic type abilities in future Zelda games. However I don't know about the actual magic power bar itself. It always seemed kind of pointless to me. Why limit the use of magic abilities like that? If that was there intention with a finite amount of magic available, then why did they put magic refill potions and such in bushes and grass all over the place (thinking of WW here mostly)

It just adds yet another thing to either worry about not having enough of or you are constantly at full because enemies drop it all the time making the bar useless. More magic abilities please, but include them into the game in a different way imo.

Dracoburn

Lance's Protégé
I think it fits in some games, doesn't in others. I think it's situational, you know? Like, would Twilight Princess or Skyward Sword really be any more brilliant if they had magic? I think that would just add unneccessary complication to those two games, personally.

Bring back magic would be good. I liked using it with the lens of truth in Oot because it just made it more challenging to preserve it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom