• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

MAFIA XIV: Resident Evil 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Death

Bichon Frise
I don't understand. Like, at all. I have literally done nothing in this game. Cracked under pressure? I literally just expressed my concern for four people voting for me extremely quickly and in extremely little time. Kybyrian, Jarl Ballin, and Austin all voted for me before my first word of the game. Josh came after, but all I had said at that time was "*sniff* WHY?!", so he was clearly bandwagoning.

So if I may recall how this all went down, it started with Jarl Ballin voting for me for absolutely no reason. Then Kybyrian joined in soon after. Why? Just tell me why? Isn't it weird how Kybyrian usually takes things serious at this time in the game and now suddenly isn't? Like usually he'd make a list of potential scum based on their actions, or target a single person for an actual reason that made them look bad. But no, now he's after me, and for what reason? At the time when he first voted for me (and he's never backed off since), what reason did he have? None.

Vote: Kybyrian

Anyone else notice how Jarl Ballin is following so close to Kybyrian's footsteps? It's almost like they know they're on the same team or something...

Thareous accused him when Jarl Ballin' said, "Lord Death is a clear threat to our well being...", and to me that's a perfertly logically reason to vote him. I have done nothing in this game and most of you realize that... Anyway, when Thareous accuses him, we get this from Kybyrian:

Kybyrian said:
If you'll notice, Zenox has already softclaimed. Perhaps you just can't realize what we obviously do.

Notice how quickly he defends Jarl Ballin...

FOS: Jarl Ballin

tl;dr

Both Kybyrian and Jarl Ballin appear extremely scummy to me. Kybyrian's odd style of seriously attacking someone who hasn't said anything is alarming, and Ballin, the person who started the random voting on me, said he's sure that I'm scum, and has followed Kybyrian every step of the way, is probably aligned with him.

Kybyrian said:
I've already stated why I suspected Lord Death

No, you haven't. All you've said is, "He's cracking boys." And I've already explained why I defended myself in regards to my second post of the game, at which point I had 4 votes against me...

Kybyrian said:
Furie is on the scum team with Lord Death and is trying to play down the sudden "bandwagon" on his scumbuddy.

Or maybe it's because nobody in this game understands why I'm up for lynching anyways...

Austin

Austin
Holy hell that's quite a large reaction to an RVS...

I'm not going to bother quoting because it's a lot of the same and again, it's Day 1 but, this fits entirely into Kybyrian's playstyle. He's aggressive as hell, latches onto to someone, and judges their reaction. I made one post in Mafia :pikalove: and he voted for me right away. Turned out I was the Godfather. He actually has a really weird knack for hitting the Godfather on his first try. He did the same with illmatic in Mafia 7, or something.

As for Zenox (stop calling him Jarl Ballin srsly), I don't know wtf is up with him. It's not at all uncommon though for Zenox to just tag along with a friend.

Lord Death

Bichon Frise
Oh, sorry for such a large reaction to an RVS... You're right, it is just random, and Kybyrian has no intention of getting me lynched.

And hypothetically, if by some strange power he does want to get me lynched, I'm sure it'd be for a perfectly good reason and not at all for no reason whatsoever.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
Kybyrain (4)- Thareous, Rishian, Raindrop14, Lord Death
Furie (3)- Kybyrian, Jarl Ballin, Pendio
Rishian (2)- Mido, Dracomajora
Jarl Ballin (2)- Thareous, Hero of Time
Mido (2)-Furie, Viral Maze
Lord Death (1)- Josh
Albert Wesker (1)-A Link In Time
Austin (1)-Keeseman

With 20 alive, it takes 11 for a majority vote. Day ends on February 13th, 2013

Zenox: How much of a shorter day? Is there anyone else who agrees

What happened to lunch?

Austin

Austin
Oh, sorry for such a large reaction to an RVS... You're right, it is just random, and Kybyrian has no intention of getting me lynched.

And hypothetically, if by some strange power he does want to get me lynched, I'm sure it'd be for a perfectly good reason and not at all for no reason whatsoever.

You're missing the point. Don't act sarcastic, just take a second to actually read what I'm saying.

At first, it was just an RVS. This is a typical tactic when games are starting. However, your reaction to the random vote was over the top, and is continuing to be similarly hysterical. Yeah, now they're out for blood. But it's your own reaction that has caused this. All I'm saying is that this fits into Wyatt's meta perfectly and I don't really find it suspicious at all. Zenox is another story, but right now you're the target of suspicion. I also feel suspicious towards Furie, and slightly towards Thareous, although I can pretty easily write Thareous off as a confused beginner.

Lord Death

Bichon Frise
I am probably more of a beginner than Thareous. My reaction was over the top because I had no idea why 4 people were out to get me before I had a chance to begin the game. And just because I happen to put all of my thoughts into a single post doesn't make it hysteria.

But I've stated my case and tried to defend myself, so there's not much more I can say if people are still doubting me.

Kybyrian

Raindrop14 said:
FoS: Kybyrian

He's been stating his reasons for the votes he's made yes, but the reasons don't sound legit enough for me to believe. Jarl has also been agreeing with him for almost, if not all, every vote, which is probably being just himself, but he's on my list os scum as well.

Unvote

Vote: Kybyrian

(this goes to you, too, Lord Death, and anyone else doubting me)

You are all aware of my prime abilities in scum hunting. It's been very common that I lynch scum in the last few mafia games, and I've actually been really good at pinpointing mafia on gut reactions (which I would call subtle observations that you all simply don't understand rather than gut reactions. I explain my reasoning each time.). When I'm town, I'm extremely beneficial. You're aware of that. Therefore, even if I'm wrong in the lynching of Furie, it would be more beneficial to you to keep me alive for today and trust me in my observations. If it turns out that Furie is townie, well then you can lynch me. It will be eliminating one of the most dangerous scum players possible. If you do lynch me today based on your silly reasoning that my playstyle is suspicious -- which is my ordinary playstyle -- then you could lose an extremely valuable asset to the town. It's more likely that I'm right in my observations against Furie than wrong. And it's also very likely that, because of Lord Death's inexperience, he is simply bandwagoning on me in an attempt to protect scumbuddies. It's a common inexperienced Mafia move. It would be better for the town to roll with me for one day rather than to lynch me day one.

I've already stated my reasoning.

And read this:

Austin said:
You're missing the point. Don't act sarcastic, just take a second to actually read what I'm saying.

At first, it was just an RVS. This is a typical tactic when games are starting. However, your reaction to the random vote was over the top, and is continuing to be similarly hysterical. Yeah, now they're out for blood. But it's your own reaction that has caused this. All I'm saying is that this fits into Wyatt's meta perfectly and I don't really find it suspicious at all. Zenox is another story, but right now you're the target of suspicion. I also feel suspicious towards Furie, and slightly towards Thareous, although I can pretty easily write Thareous off as a confused beginner.

Fine, Death.

All I wanted to do was have a nice summer day lunch with you.

But if you're going to ****ing yell at me, then I refuse to have any such thing with you.

I'll have lunch with Furie then.

Unvote

Vote: Furie

Is pie okay for our picnic? Everyone loves pie.

Kybyrian

Lord Death said:
Notice how quickly he defends Jarl Ballin...

Your logic is crooked. I defended him on a good basis. He softclaimed a town role earlier in the thread. When is it wrong to defend a claimed townie when you have virtually no reason to truly disbelieve the claim?

Lord Death

Bichon Frise
Your logic is crooked. I defended him on a good basis. He softclaimed a town role earlier in the thread. When is it wrong to defend a claimed townie when you have virtually no reason to truly disbelieve the claim?

Never wrong, just... maybe suspicious? I don't know, I never caught the soft claim. All I've noticed is him following your every move a bit, and I thought it at least worth bringing up.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Sorry that I haven't had a chance to join in yet. I've been away on a school trip so I didn't get to get on till just now. I'll be reading through the entire thread and seeing what has been said before interacting, adding my input, casting any votes, IGMEOY's, or FoS's.

So where are we at today? I have just skimmed but really all I'm seeing is people don't really know what to think.

I know it's hard to really pick a side, but pick our side. If it turns out furie is town, kill me. But trust us, furie isn't town. So kill her with us, then kill us tomorrow if she's not.

Help us win, Flash Gordon style!

Rishian

The Meat Shield
So I guess my asking if I had done something scummy has gained me another vote. Fair enough, it would seem as though that asking could be an overreaction. I only asked because he didn't say it was a random vote, so that was my reasoning.

Anywho, it seems like we have a pretty long day still ahead of us!

So I guess my asking if I had done something scummy has gained me another vote. Fair enough, it would seem as though that asking could be an overreaction. I only asked because he didn't say it was a random vote, so that was my reasoning.

Anywho, it seems like we have a pretty long day still ahead of us!

Not defending him (but even if I was it wouldn't matter) I ask all of you who are voting for this kid to unvote and vote for furie! This man is not the man you are searching for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom