• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia the Gathering: Planechase Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pen

The game is on!
Hmm... Okay, GDL's return has me somewhat worried... However, as Mezlo just said, without a proper night scene (especially in a game like this one) it is pretty much worthless to jump to conclusions. I will wait for it before making another post.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
As the Walkers found places to sleep, they barely slept, though they knew they should. They expected one of their number to be dead in the morning, and each wondered who. Nobody knew that there would be three.
First to go was Crus@der. He'd been feeling sick the day before, but had let it pass. But now, as midnight approached, he became concerned. He threw up again, like he had so many times beforehand, and saw blood among what had come out. With that, he collapsed, his facing landing inches away from the vomit.
A brute of a man walked through the night, carrying a large ax behind him. He sniffed, and knew his prey was nearby, and suddenly he came upon David, sleeping calmly. The brute grinned, and then yelled. The last thing David saw was an ax coming towards his head.
Finally, Kiddrangon sat in a cave, looking through a book of cards. He heard a noise, then turned to see a couple of figures running at him. He jumped up to protect himself, but suddenly felt something impaled in his side. He looked down and saw some curved ram's horn, and then collapsed, drained of blood. His attacker pulled his head away and sighed. Not his favorite way to kill, but it had to do in this case.

The next morning, the walkers awoke to see the three dead, and sat in silent memorial for a few minutes, and then they heard footsteps. Each one turned to look at what was happening, and what they saw shocked them.
"So, what'd I miss?" Go_Dark_Link asked, looking mauled but very much alive.

David was Ob Nixilis, a Black Walker
Crus@der was Jace Beleren, a Blue Walker
Kiddrangon was Freyalise, a Green Walker
Go_Dark_Link has rejoined the game

THE DEAD

Kingofhucklebery - Venser, a White/Blue walker, lynched Day One
Go_Dark_Link - Sarkhan Vol, a Black/Red/Green walker, killed Night One
Heroine of Time - Ajani Goldmane, a White/Green walker, lynched Day Two
David - Ob Nixilis, a Black walker, killed Night Two
Crus@der - Jace Beleren, a Blue walker, killed Night Two
Kiddrangon - Freyalise, a Green walker, killed Night Two

THE LIVING
1. Blackkirby
2. Repentance
3. Johnny Sooshi
4. Pendio
5. Doc
6. Mellow Ezlo
7. Mido
8. Justac00lguy
9. Musicfan
10. Frozen Chosen
11. Stitch
12. Fig
13. Scarfed
14. Go_Dark_Link
15. Mark

Planeswalk Tally
Walk (5): Frozen Chosen, Repentance, Stitch, Mellow Ezlo, musicfan

Day Three begins! With 15 alive, 8 votes is majority.

Day Three will end at 5:30 PM Pacific (8:30 EST) on Saturday, March 14, 2015

Last edited:

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
OK, so I was wrong about Thar. I was right about Kiddragon though, since it seems like his kill was performed by the mafia.

Now it looks like Thar was poisoned and David was vig killed. By the description, I'd say David was killed by this guy. Seems like a pretty brutal way to go imo. I still think David is antitown though, based on his character.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
http://magic.wizards.com/en/game-info/story/planeswalkers

I decided to go hunting for some more info. We need to go back through here and look at all deaths to see who is most likely good, and most likely bad.

Now, let's look at the deaths.

Kiddragon was most likely a mafia kill. Multiple people targeted him. From reading the site, seems like he was killed by Xenagos or Tibalt, and I think it's more likely Tibalt. He likes pain and killing, so it fits that he would have a "favorite way of killing". However, Xenagos is a Satyr, and they have horns too. Freyalise seems to be good, but I'm not sure what the role was.

Next we get Crus@der, who seems to be poisoned. Not sure who that was. Jace Beleren is most likely town or third party, and I'd guess maybe our cop, or at least an investigative role.

David was most likely a mafia member based on his Planeswalker, Ob Nixilis. I'd guess he may have even been God Father based on Ob Nixilis being a conqueror and extremely powerful. However, his death seems to be an SK kill because the character is made out to be more evil than, say, a vig. I think the SK is Garruk Wildspeaker because his bio says "he considers all Planeswalkers his enemies".

Now GDL, who is Sarkhan Vol seems to be mafia as well. His character likes destruction and seems to be pretty damn evil, so I'd wager he's mafia.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Ya, I agree with you on GDL Johnny. I looked as his characters card, and he seems Mafia-ish. Plus, I remember Kiddragon saying that red has a pretty good chance of being mafia, and since it's pretty obvious he's not scum-aligned, I'm willing to trust his judgment.

I wanna see what GDL has to say though.
IGMEOY

On an unrelated note, I must say that I really miss the feature that allowed us to view a particular person's posts within a thread. Made looking for posts a lot easier.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
To add, there's 30 total Planeswalkers, meaning 10 aren't included.

Based on a 20 person game, I'd expect no more than 5 scum, and 4 is honestly more realistic. That means we've seen what seems to be 2-3 scum total so far (Ob Nixilis, Sarkhan Vol, and Tibalt/Xenagos) so we have about 2 left MAX. Add on the likelihood of an SK (who I'm pretty sure is Garruk Wildspeaker) and we've got about 5-6 Anti-town roles.

Vote: Go_Dark_Link
Vote: Walk

This game needs a town lynch on scum and a way to win. If we can start identifying the scum, we'll be one step closer to a town victory.

Go_Dark_Link

If there ever was one
Hey guys. Deku sent me a message to let me know I was revived. However it was probably a bad time for it to happen. I'm on a trip and have very limited Internet access. I'll try to get on whenever I can but I'tll be hard. I just want to say I am most definitely not mafia though I know it's hard to just take my word for it. The only thing I can say right now is that mafia would probably be very dumb to revive me if I was mafia when I was already very clearly being suspected of being mafia. I'll try to say more tomorrow if I get access to a comp.

Wow so much is happening in this game at the same time. Anyways I'm torn on GDL alignment since Kiddragon said that there was a possibility that he could be town aligned. Also Vote: Walk. This plane has served it's use.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I'll keep my vote for now but I want to see who GDL thinks is could be scum, as well as his defense. I think that if we can learn who the Planes walkers are, we can get an edge, and I'm almost certain that the mods made a way for us to figure it out.

Wow, what a night. I'm thinking its safe to say that those who are of black color are scum or at least they have a high chance. And so far the back-story for the characters seem to help us understand who is scum or not. Going along with that I'm going to have to say that Go Dark Link is scum. The fact that he was revived only solidifies it. Unless someone else convinces me otherwise, I'm sticking with that assumption.

Vote: Go_Dark_Link

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
VOTE COUNT:
Go_Dark_Link (3): Jonny Sooshi, Musicfan, Frozen Chosen

Not voting (12): Blackkirby, Repetance, Pendio, Doc, Mellow Ezlo, Mido, Justac00lguy, Stitch, Fig, Scarfed Go_Dark_Link, Mark

Planeswalk Tally
Walk (7): Frozen Chosen, Repentance, Stitch, Mellow Ezlo, musicfan, Jonny Sooshi, Scarfed

With 15 alive, 8 votes is majority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom