• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia the Gathering: Planechase Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, this game gets more and more complex the further we go. There is a logic in letting the night work its magic as a mislynch can lead to a faster mafia win, however that means we could have wasted the entire day. If the consensus was to hold out on a lynch, then we should all have voted for No Lynch (but that wasn't mentioned in the rules, mod...) instead of wasting our time changing planes. However, we at least know more about how this game works now than we did at the beginning, so maybe it wasn't a waste. Fortunately, we're at an advantage this game since we have an even number of people playing. This is based on number crunching (more information here at "... and they all lived happily ever after."). However, a No Lynch can also harm us as it gives the Mafia free kills. No lynches, no kills, no dead scum. So, there are benefits and downfalls to both sides of the coin. Lynch, or no lynch?

I think that maybe we should take David's advice. We have a lot of players and if one of us is lynched on the first day, it won't be the end of the world. If anything, we'll be closer to finding out who is scum.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I'm not a fan of day 1 No Lynch. Gives the town no information whatsoever going into the night. Remember this is a game of information, and guess who has more information than all of us? The Mafia. We need to do all we can to even the playing field, and that sometimes requires risk.

Anydoodle, I'm going to agree that all creatures dying is fairly ambiguous and could be rather detrimental. I'm gonna stick with "Walk".

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Vote Tally
Mellow Ezlo(2): Doc, Kingofhucklebery
Fig(1): Scarfed
Doc(1): Pendio
Kingofhucklebery(2): Musicfan, Mellow Ezlo
Pendio(1): Crus@der77x

No Lynch(needs majority)(3): Johnny Sooshi, Kiddrangon, Blackkirby

Planeswalk Tally
Walk(8): Kingofhucklebery, Repentance, Mellow Ezlo, Frozen Chosen, Johnny Sooshi, Kiddrangon, Blackkirby, Justac00lguy,
Stay(3): Pendio, musicfan, Crus@der77x

With 20 alive, it takes 11 to lynch by majority and to Planeswalk. Day ends Thursday the 26th at 11:59 PM EST

Last edited:

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
You counted kongofhuckleberry twice in the walk vote.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Stay

This plane doesn't seem that bad and I'd much rather stay here than risk getting a plane that could seriously hurt town.

Pen

The game is on!
Stay

This plane doesn't seem that bad and I'd much rather stay here than risk getting a plane that could seriously hurt town.

I totally agree. Besides, night is coming up, and if we change the plane before we enter the night phase we risk getting something that can really hurt the Town since the night is when we are the most vulnerable.

Mido

Version 1
Well, I find myself indecisive as usual, but I will say one thing: the only benefit I can see with a No Lynch is the prospect that we'd all attain a better grasp on this game's mechanics. Unfortunately, I haven't developed any full-fledged suspicions/inklings on a lynchworthy suspect, but I might have a few small iotas of thought in mind....

I understand those who don't want to lynch but for those who think we should, we probably should decide pretty soon. The day is almost over.
In light of that, I'm going to go with my current suspicion.

Vote: Kingofhuckleberry

If you guys have any problem with that let me know.

David

But you called me here...
Well, I find myself indecisive as usual, but I will say one thing: the only benefit I can see with a No Lynch is the prospect that we'd all attain a better grasp on this game's mechanics. Unfortunately, I haven't developed any full-fledged suspicions/inklings on a lynchworthy suspect, but I might have a few small iotas of thought in mind....

Gonna share or keep it to yourself?

Mido

Version 1
Gonna share or keep it to yourself?

The only thing that's really made me bat an eye were Pendio and Doc's last posts, just because this plane that we are in at the moment seems to have a chance of being a dangerous one for the town. However, this description does not seem to hold any specifics, so I don't think they're wrong in what they posted.

Mido

Version 1
EBWODP

...and perhaps it might be best just to stay the course in respect to this plane. With that in mind, I believe that we could get a better grasp of the mechanics in the game, like I assumed in my last post. (Are EBWODP'S obselete now? The posts never seem to merge! XD )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom