• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia (Game)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanyou

didn't build that
I knew I was right about THP. Honestly, she should've been the first to go it was so obvious. I'm glad the Vigilante made the right choice this time.

MK9 was too smart for us it would seem. He was low on my list the whole time......

Four more to go..... I would like Hanyou to just post again, since it's been a while, and for Keyshe to be a bit more active as well. Charge, you're number one on my list right now.

Yeah, I'm posting, I'm posting. I've been too busy to post much on any forums lately, but I think this game should be a priority.

The problem I have about posting is that, no matter how many posts I read, I have a really hard time singling out anyone for suspicious behavior. I never suspected MK9 and most of the mafia seem to act the same as regular members in this game. I've previously played a mafia game where everyone was acting differently, but I'm having a very hard time telling peoples' behavior apart in this one, and if I post, I don't know how much I can contribute. Maybe I'm just not perceptive enough. That said, it didn't help that in the first couple days everyone was finger-pointing without good reason.

Either way, it's good to see the mafia ranks thinned, and as the game advances, it will be easier to check for consistency.

I'd imagine that (correct me if I'm wrong) Axle would send a reminder someone's way if they were particularly late with their decision. That may be what's happening here, someone(s) with a night ability may not be following the thread and therefore require a reminder to get their choice in. Remember, only two townies have a night ability.

My point is, keep an eye on those who post infrequently. Given that a whole group of them were killed off, the choices are narrowed down a bit.

Given the fact that you quoted Ver-go right before saying that, I take it you're eyeing me suspiciously.

Here's what I think, though: the fact is that the game requires all mafia members to PM the main one and then that vote will be PM'd to axle. We already know a number of the mafia were killed off. It's quite likely that it takes awhile for all the votes to be submitted.

The reason I'm saying that is that just because some of us are inactive doesn't mean we're mafia. Hell, the cop and doctor could be late too. I don't think activity tells us that much in the long run, except that some people might be busy.

Austin

Austin
Given the fact that you quoted Ver-go right before saying that, I take it you're eyeing me suspiciously.

Slightly. I'm not FOSing you or anything, but I just found it a bit odd that you initially sounded very excited for the game but then neglected to post again over a two-week period. I do get that real life is still there though, and I didn't find it suspicious so much as odd. Nothing personal.

You're right that inactivity doesn't automatically single out one as a Mafia member, I was just pointing out that it's something to keep in mind. I also tend to get annoyed when this thread slows down and bringing out previously inactive players is a good way to get the discussion back up again. You're also correct that it could be a townie with a night ability that's consistently late, the odds are just greater that it's someone Mafia-related. Overall, it was just a theory about something to keep in mind.

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
I knew I was right about THP. Honestly, she should've been the first to go it was so obvious. I'm glad the Vigilante made the right choice this time.

MK9 was too smart for us it would seem. He was low on my list the whole time......

Four more to go..... I would like Hanyou to just post again, since it's been a while, and for Keyshe to be a bit more active as well. Charge, you're number one on my list right now.
MK9 too smart for us? Not so, I'd like to point out that Meego7 has been after Kokiri 9 since day one. Also Hanyou gave Kokiri 9 a FOS on the first day. And I myself at the same time he posted was thinking the same thing. Though I can see a very big mistake not to voice it. I may very well have a big part in how badly the first day went... So I've learned my lesson well, and I definitely will be more active. Though I find it a bit odd that you've signaled me and Hanyou on our inactivity. For there are other people who are less active then me, I'm only a little bit less then you yourself. Epwna, Ikana, Meego7, enemytracker, jetter, and arkvoodle all have been less active then me and a few less then Hanyou. Is it mainly because of THP personality, and the similarities I and Hanyou have with her? Such as peace keeping?

Well, I think Zack is inocent. THP turned out to be Mafia, so if Zack thought she was suspicious, why would he have voted for her if he thought she was Mafia if he was also a scum?
The Mafia could easily signal out one of their own to make themselves look better. Especially if that person is already heavily suspected and is likely to be lynched. No reason to stay on a sinking ship.

Yeah, I'm posting, I'm posting. I've been too busy to post much on any forums lately, but I think this game should be a priority.

The problem I have about posting is that, no matter how many posts I read, I have a really hard time singling out anyone for suspicious behavior. I never suspected MK9 and most of the mafia seem to act the same as regular members in this game. I've previously played a mafia game where everyone was acting differently, but I'm having a very hard time telling peoples' behavior apart in this one, and if I post, I don't know how much I can contribute. Maybe I'm just not perceptive enough. That said, it didn't help that in the first couple days everyone was finger-pointing without good reason.

Either way, it's good to see the mafia ranks thinned, and as the game advances, it will be easier to check for consistency.

Here's what I think, though: the fact is that the game requires all mafia members to PM the main one and then that vote will be PM'd to axle. We already know a number of the mafia were killed off. It's quite likely that it takes awhile for all the votes to be submitted.

The reason I'm saying that is that just because some of us are inactive doesn't mean we're mafia. Hell, the cop and doctor could be late too. I don't think activity tells us that much in the long run, except that some people might be busy.
I too feel your pain, it hasn't been very easy. Most of everyone acts the same... I don't understand what you mean by that you never suspected MK9... You gave MK9 an FOS on the first day... :suspicious: you don't remember? Here.

MK9 too smart for us? Not so, I'd like to point out that Meego7 has been after Kokiri 9 since day one. Also Hanyou gave Kokiri 9 a FOS on the first day. And I myself at the same time he posted was thinking the same thing.

I meant in the way that huge suspicions that could have been on par with that of THP and Xinnamin were never raised. I speak for many when I say MK9 was low on the list of potential SKers.

Though I find it a bit odd that you've signaled me and Hanyou on our inactivity. For there are other people who are less active then me, I'm only a little bit less then you yourself. Epwna, Ikana, Meego7, enemytracker, jetter, and arkvoodle all have been less active then me and a few less then Hanyou. Is it mainly because of THP personality, and the similarities I and Hanyou have with her? Such as peace keeping?

Eh? Not to insult anyone here, but I've noticed that quite a few of us aren't quite doing the work that others are. I know for a fact that both you and Hanyou are both incredibly intelligent people; I'd rather read more from you two than say, Epwna or jetter. That's the only reason that both of you popped into my mind, mainly because Hanyou's been busy and you seem to only inject when voting time comes around.

Austin

Austin
Though I find it a bit odd that you've signaled me and Hanyou on our inactivity. For there are other people who are less active then me, I'm only a little bit less then you yourself. Epwna, Ikana, Meego7, enemytracker, jetter, and arkvoodle all have been less active then me and a few less then Hanyou. Is it mainly because of THP personality, and the similarities I and Hanyou have with her? Such as peace keeping?
To be fair, I'm the one who singled out the inactives first.

The Mafia could easily signal out one of their own to make themselves look better. Especially if that person is already heavily suspected and is likely to be lynched. No reason to stay on a sinking ship.
He could have just as easily not voted, however. There's a big difference between casting initial suspicion on a comrade and throwing them to the wolves. It's also not like she was the only one with a plurality of votes behind her, nobody would have checked twice if he voted for K4.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Sorry, I totally forgot about this thread! XD Well, I was right about MK9 not being innocent. I actually am happy to still be alive. Now....we wait.

I do not know if I am aloud to say this, but when can I join? (Assuming I join when this game is over.) Can the masons vote? Do you vote in here or to the Game Mod? In armenia, we have a similer game called Red VS. Black. All the red share the same role except there is a red leader, if the red leader is gone, the blacks win because the red can no longer vote. The Blacks are the mafia and can kill at night. All the blacks share the same roll, except there is a Don (the leader.) And the blacks can go on without a Don. This is the first I heard of a mercinary in the game. Or a docter.

Epwna

The epic turnip king
I'm going to vote for Meego. Just how she forgot, I think she might have been avoiding the game.

Vote:Meego7

Last edited:
I do not know if I am aloud to say this, but when can I join? (Assuming I join when this game is over.) Can the masons vote? Do you vote in here or to the Game Mod? In armenia, we have a similer game called Red VS. Black. All the red share the same role except there is a red leader, if the red leader is gone, the blacks win because the red can no longer vote. The Blacks are the mafia and can kill at night. All the blacks share the same roll, except there is a Don (the leader.) And the blacks can go on without a Don. This is the first I heard of a mercinary in the game. Or a docter.
You can join when this game is over. There's a signup thread for Mafia that I'll reopen when it's time for Game 2. ;)

Everyone, regardless of their role, can vote, and they do it publicly here in this thread. During the Night period, people who have special Night Abilities or can kill in the night will PM me in private so as not to reveal their roles in the thread.

I'm going to vote for Meego. Just how she forgot, I think she might have been avoiding the game.
Please use the proper vote method ("Vote: USERNAME", preferably bolded), or else I can't count your vote. ;)

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
I meant in the way that huge suspicions that could have been on par with that of THP and Xinnamin were never raised. I speak for many when I say MK9 was low on the list of potential SKers.

Eh? Not to insult anyone here, but I've noticed that quite a few of us aren't quite doing the work that others are. I know for a fact that both you and Hanyou are both incredibly intelligent people; I'd rather read more from you two than say, Epwna or jetter. That's the only reason that both of you popped into my mind, mainly because Hanyou's been busy and you seem to only inject when voting time comes around.
Yeah.. there are a lot of inactives and plenty of people who aren't really participating in and investigations... Though for me I am just as interested in what Epwna or jetter have to say as to you or Hanyou. Won't it be hard to find the scum if everyone isn't posting and being active? The more everyone posts, the more evidence we will have.

To be fair, I'm the one who singled out the inactives first.

He could have just as easily not voted, however. There's a big difference between casting initial suspicion on a comrade and throwing them to the wolves. It's also not like she was the only one with a plurality of votes behind her, nobody would have checked twice if he voted for K4.
But voting for one of your own that is heavily suspected and is going to be voted off soon is the best thing you could do to clear yourself of any suspicion. Axle did in one of his games, he was the first one to vote for his teammate. It is a very good tactic. I would have seen how Zack voted, I've been paying a lot of attention to how the votes have been going. And yes THP wasn't the only one chose from, but she has been one of the top most suspicious people since day one. And it is what I would do, in fact if I had been in THP's position I would have told my fellow Mafia to vote for me and free themselves of any suspicion. Especially if they were the first to vote me off. With that being said it doesn't mean that Zack is definitely Mafia, or that him going after THP can't mean he's Townie either. But I need to point this out, and for every one to keep it in mind not to trust someone too much. Pretty much everyone who has posted has at one point or another FOSed THP, but four of the remaining townies are scum so unless enemytracker, jetter, arkvoodle (and one other) are all scum. More or less proving that they have in this thread shown little favor to one another.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Fair enough, it was a bad move forgeting to post. Well, I need to watch more people before I cast my vote. And give me one reason why I "am avoiding the game."

---------- Post added at 07:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 AM ----------

Hang on. Epwna edited his post. Shouldn't he be out for that?

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
No, I added a post. That is different. And, you have to wait until the next game to start before joining in and posting on this thread if I am correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom