• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia (Game)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
That's exactly my point, given that she appears to be "one of the sharper knives in the draw", I wouldn't expect her to get so defensive and cast suspicion on herself. She wouldn't unless the accusations made her nervous due to the fact that they were spot on. And as for her vote for zack125, I didn't say it was outright ridiculous, I simply questioned her motives a bit and raised a possible explanation for them. I'm not entirely sure whether my conclusion was correct or not but wanted to raise it anyway so others could consider it.
By the way you are referring to this post right?- Xinn I still find it to be odd thing to base suspicion on, especially on deciding to vote...
I find it odd that you are in more hot water in this game if you try to defend yourself then not... Seems a bit of a lazy way of playing with game... From what I heard of Axle's prior games, both Mafia AND Townies will both aggressively defend themselves and refuse to explain themselves, even extremely in both cases. Neither is a reaction that is telling it itself, although when compared to other evidence it can help. Thanks for getting back to me so quick PJ.

Since Epwna has broken the tie, I am no longer need to... Though I would still like more information from you http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/member.php?3428-Viral-MazeViral, but I doubt you will be able to before the lynching, but I will be waiting.

I see that makes a bit more sense, though it did seem like you were trying to discredit her vote.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
I'm thinking that if there is a tie between more than one person in votes that they will both be lynched.

And Viral, I haven't really seen any real explanation as to why you are voting for Charge, other than that he is "the most scummy", how so?

Usually, incase of a tie, the GM will give an extension of a day or two max, or just wait until one person loses or gains a vote and then lynch the one with more votes.

As for the second part of the quote, I'll requote my post from page 10. Note that the quote only contains information from pages 1-10, but since then CwS has only posted once more on page 17, so it pertains to Charge, I think its decently accurate:
After reading the last 10 pages multiple times (and indexing major events), I'm going to vote for ChargeWithSword.
Early in the game, he calls out Ikana for trying to peacekeep. Says peacekeeper are more likely to be scum that people who entice chaos. He says this twice, not just once. Maybe he is trying to cover up his actions, or that of his Mafia buddy, PJDEP, who has been FoSing and tossing fire at everyone in his way.
Now usually, I'd think this is a coincidence, but in two occasions, CwS defends PJ. Once in his theory post, saying PJ is most likely innocent, and again I think it was after MK9 posted a piece about PJ (among others). So to me it seems he is helping out his buddy, and tossing suspicions at others.
CwS also said he was suspicious of Xin in his long theory post, after Xin and PJ started tossing suspicions at each other. His reasons for suspecting Xin? The same as PJ's reasons; her 'innocuous, laid back attitude'.

Now, if you want quotes, I can easily deliver them. Like I said, I got your major moves indexed.
So with that, there are too many connections between CwS and PJ. I believe they are both scum.

Vote: ChargewithSword

What have you got in your defence, CwS?

Mainly I suspected Charge due to his comments about peacekeepers, and saying a Mafioso wouldn't be a chaos starter. Since that post, Charge has claimed that PJ is innocent for some reason (at this point PJ was a major instigator and a 'chaos starter', rather than a peacekeeper like Ikana who Charge chose to target). This made me suspect that these two, Charge and PJ, are Mafia or Masons, but their posts do not seem like anything a group of Masons would write, so I assumed Mafia.
Since my post, and since I ask Charge what he has in his defense, he posted once on page 17 (since page 10) and voted Ikana, saying he is 'confused':
Well I suppose from recent compilations that I am choosing Ikana. Epwna was my other choice but to be honest, I am confused on what the heck is going on around here. Oh well, if I am killed then perhaps I can figure out what the heck was going on.

Vote: Ikana

I don't understand what is so confusing. He doesn't elaborate or try to defend himself from my accusation, choosing to ignore it. Since then, only TreeHugger has actually stood out to me, but the lack of content from Charge at this point, and his apparent 'confusion' just really stand out to me, and I'd rather go with him than switch my vote at this point.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
BFrom what I heard of Axle's prior games, both Mafia AND Townies will both aggressively defend themselves and refuse to explain themselves, even extremely in both cases. Neither is a reaction that is telling it itself, although when compared to other evidence it can help.

Totally. Just ask Axle about the group mafia game at LoZ.com >_>
I was in Xin's spot for like 3 days and was a Townie.

Austin

Austin
By the way you are referring to this post right?- Xinn I still find it to be odd thing to base suspicion on, especially on deciding to vote...
Not solely on that quote, but on ones like it. If you'd like I can hunt down all of the posts I found overreactive, but you'd have to teach me how to link a post like that.

I find it odd that you are in more hot water in this game if you try to defend yourself then not... Seems a bit of a lazy way of playing with game... From what I heard of Axle's prior games, both Mafia AND Townies will both aggressively defend themselves and refuse to explain themselves, even extremely in both cases. Neither is a reaction that is telling it itself, although when compared to other evidence it can help.
It's not simply the fact that she did defend herself, but rather the fashion in which she did. After all, if I was basing my suspicions entirely on whether someone defended themself or not, I'd be FOSing the entire community. Also, this is my first game, so I'm not entirely sure how things work yet, although I do still feel pretty confident about my conclusion.

After constant arguing by accusers and suspects alike, the final vote was cast. Xinnamin had 5 votes, suddenly pulling ahead of ChargewithSword. The crowd of townsfolk, scum secretly intermixed, gathered around her. They were going to shoot her so the death would be quick, but furious at what she considered groundless accusations, she lashed out at the crowd, trying to fight them off. Eventually they restrained her. Several of the lead members of the crowd were now mad since they had been struck by her during her attack, and decided on a slower way to lynch her. They tied her up to a pole, scattering papers and wood at it's base. They lit the flame, and she burned alive.

They searched her home for evidence, but could find none. Her self-defense was justified; she was innocent!

Xinnamin (Lynched Day 1) - Townie

-------------------------

The already red sky faded into black as night fell at last. With regret, the townsfolk retreated to their homes, aware that the Mafia would likely mobilize in the dead of night, as well as the lone Serial Killer. The Cop began to conduct his secret investigation as the Vigilante went out to cast vengeance upon the guilty. The Doctor crept into the house of someone he suspected would die in order to save them.

---NIGHT BEGINS---
No discussion in the thread until the next Day starts, please.

Mafia, please discuss your nightkill choice and send your votes to the Godfather so he can PM me the choice. Serial Killer, Vigilante, Cop, Doctor, and both the Townie and Mafia Roleblockers should send me the choices for their powers as well.

---------- Post added 06-09-2010 at 12:43 AM ---------- Previous post was 06-07-2010 at 03:30 PM ----------

NOTE:
Due to some difficulties, I am allowing those who have yet to PM me until this Friday to do so. I promise all subsequent night periods will not take this long. ;)

On Friday, or sooner if we're lucky, I will start the next day.

NOTE:
Due to some difficulties, I am allowing those who have yet to PM me until this Friday to do so. I promise all subsequent night periods will not take this long. ;)

On Friday, or sooner if we're lucky, I will start the next day.

Durion entered his house as night fell. He sighed in frustration at lynching the innocent Xinnamin. He himself had been uncertain of voting for her. He went to his bathroom to wash soot off his face, the soot from the fire they burned her in. As he was washing up, he heard a crash in his living room. Her cautiously went out to investigate, but was struck in the face as he turned a corner. He was quickly bound to a chair before he could recover, and he looked up at his assailant. He wore a trench coat, hat and a mask.

"Who are the other mafia?"

The figure kept asking. Being innocent, Durion had no answer. The figure began to torture him, repeatedly asking the same question, when they heard the screech of a car's tires outside. The figure hit the floor. Unable to get out of the chair he was tied to, Durion was killed in the drive-by shooting, shot full of holes until he was unrecognizable. A brick was thrown through the window. The figure picked up the brick after the dust settled and read the note tied to it, which read "Durion's dead LOL." The figure stared at the note, then dropped the brick and ran out of the house so as not to be caught.

-----------------------------

Meanwhile, across town, Viral Maze was unlocking his door as he was startled by an obviously fake owl hoot. Alarmed, he quickly unlocked the door and was disturbed to discover a dark shape along his floor. Flicking on the light, he saw that it was a red liquid. Blood. He grabbed his keys in his fist, ready to slash with them, leaving the door open in case he needed to escape. Cautiously, he followed the blood as it led into the bathroom. The toilet was completely covered in the blood. Weak stomached, he edged slowly over to the toilet and peered inside, expecting an atrocious sight. Instead was a ketchup bottle.

He was struck in the back of the head before he could turn around. His attacker sat on his back so he could no get up, and stabbed him repeatedly until dead.

Leaving the house, the killer bumped into the cop, face covered, who had snuck in to investigate Viral Maze. Since the cop was blocking the door, the killer jumped through the window and ran off, narrowly escaping the cop who chased him.

In the morning, the townsfolk noticed these two were missing and investigated their houses. They found them both, Durion shot full of holes and Viral Maze stabbed to death and covered in ketchup.

Their houses were searched. There was no evidence. They were innocent townies!

Durion (Nightkilled) - Townie
Viral Maze (Nightkilled) - Townie

(The Dead)
Viral Maze (Nightkilled Night 1) - Townie
Durion (Nightkilled Night 1) - Townie
Xinnamin (Lynched Day 1) - Townie
link to present (Modkilled) - Townie

(The Living)
ChargewithSword
halo siera 117
Biggoron
Keyshe
Epwna
Ikana
Master Kokiri 9
Meego7
@lex MM
TreeHuggerPanda
enemytracker
jetter
zack125
yotam
Kazumi
PJDEP
Hanyou
Ver-go-a-go-go
K4KING
arkvoodle

20 remain. 6 among you are Mafia. 1 among you is the Serial Killer. 11 votes required for a majority lynch.

Day 2 Begins!

Day 2 ends Saturday June 19th.

Last edited:

Austin

Austin
We've got quite the track record, haven't we? I'll have to run over the implications these new deaths bring a little later, but I'd like to request that Hanyou and Kazumi make a post to..... assure me of their existence, I suppose. I know Hanyou posted once or twice in the early days of this thread but I don't think Kazumi has spoken up once yet.

Also, if the situations around each death are any indication of who specifically did the killings, my hypothesis is that the mafia killed Durion, and the serial killer murdered Viral Maze. VM's death was quite bizarre, which just screams "serial killer" to me. A drive-by shooting sounds mafia-y, and it's possible that the one who tortured him beforehand was the vigilante, given that he was so intent on discovering the identity of the mafia. Just random thoughts, though.

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

EBWOP
I don't recall Arkvoodle posting either, although that may just be faulty memory on my part.

Austin

Austin
EBWOP
I don't recall Arkvoodle posting either, although that may just be faulty memory on my part.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Oh dear God. Viral was killed and so was Durion. They were both so young, so innocent, so smart and so much like Sherlock Holmes.. *sniffle* WHY GOD, WHY?! Sorry, I felt like being dramatic. :lol:

Anyways, who did Durion and Viral suspect? Viral suspected Charge, while Durion suspected Xinny. Now, Xinny was the only person Dury truly suspected and she was revealed to be a Townie, so that's busted. But who did Viral suspect? None other than ChargewithSword. This may mean that he was right and they decided to kill him so that he couldn't do anything about it, but then again good Mafia would probably try to turn attention away from them by killing those who are right in suspecting them and kill those who suspect non Mafia. And there's no way in heck the Serial Killer would nightkill a person who was right in suspecting them since they're on there own so if they mess up, they're pretty much screwed.

While we can't say that the evidence stacks up against Charge enough to lynch him quite yet, I think we can safely say he deserves a FoS.

Also, if the situations around each death are any indication of who specifically did the killings...
They are. Pay close attention to them. They won't hint you to WHO the person is, but it will tell you whether it was the Mafia, Vigilante or Serial Killer. ;) Note that only two people were killed despite three nightkill-capable parties.

Also, Kaz has been notified about posting. I will message all the inactives now. ;)

Austin

Austin
Oh my! How could this be? This is going to get hard to find the mafia...
Anyone else think this comes across as odd? I should probably shut up, actually, since I used this type of reasoning to persecute Xinnamin who was innocent, but the way I read this in my head just sounded very.... mocking, almost.

IGMEOY, TreeHuggerPanda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom