• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia (Game)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Respectfully, I disagree. It isn't unusual at all for me to try and rally people to my cause, as I truly believe that you're part of the mafia. I'm not really redirecting anyone's attention as no one seems to be focusing right now anyway. It was a simple reminder, nothing more. One day of voting left and several individuals had their votes reversed. True, I am taking advantage of the situation but one doesn't have to be scum to see a good oppurtunity. I can only conclude that you're worried or that you're trying to use the mob of individuals here who cast their votes the moment the word "scum" is thrown.

EBWODP
Also, I find your accusation a tad odd. I haven't seen zack125 post very often, and if he has it obviously hasn't been impressive enough to remain in my memory. I'm not totally invalidating your vote there, but I'd just like to point out the possibility that you're purposely choosing to vote for a benign candidate in order to avoid the backlash you'd recieve if you were voting for someone more popular/threatening.
Hmm, you're good, a lot better with words than I am anyways. But regardless, I specifically stated it was "potentially" scummy behavior, as in I saw that it could very easily be interpreted as a mafia-esque post. A simple reminder, yes, but a suspiciously aggressive one nonetheless due to the timing. At any rate, that was just more me having a thought nagging at my brain that I couldn't let go. Also, I'm not entirely certain what you mean by that last sentence in your first paragraph... Use what mob how?

I realize I didn't make my vote explanation clear enough. It was mostly the fact that quite a few of his posts had a tone of causing confusion, and I've said earlier that I believe stirring confusion among members is one of the mafia's potentially greatest weapons. It was also that, to me, he was the most suspicious out of all the other members as most everyone else has provided something that speaks to potential innocence, whereas I couldn't find as many saving graces in zack's posts.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Not to mention zack125 was modkilled (and thus Xin's vote doesn't count for squat and I can understand getting ninja'd by Axle but still). I've been suspicious of zackie boy since he started participating, and his vote was the thing that solidified it for me (unless I'm forgetting something there is no substantial evidence against me).

So, in light of zack getting swept up in such a horrible accident, I must turn my attention to somebody else.

And so, my attention shifts back to Charge. His banter with Vergo was odd to say the least, and may have been an attempt at drawing attention away from the other Mafia in order for them to kill us all, but that may have just been him and Vergo just being him and Vergo. While Vergo doesn't have any substantial evidence against him (I do have my eye on him from his banter with Charge though), Charge seems to be one to focus on.

In fact, Charge calls out the peacekeepers. I'm kinda wet behind the ears with this game so I may be wrong but usually the Mafia would not try to keep peace, but rather disturb it and draw attention away from their fellows with rather chaotic posts. Also, he calls me out early in the game at which point there is next to no evidence against me. Also, if you remember Charge's analysis of everybody who posted at the point of the middle of page 6, you'll remember his accusation of Vergo.

Vergo- He has the lingering attitude of boss man. I'm not just suspecting him as mafia, I'm suspecting him as the cahoona of mafia. He has the leery air of being in control of it all and throws people off to get them off his trail.

He suspected Vergo of being the Godfather entirely off of his atmosphere. And on top of that, there is no real way to know for sure until you've lynched a Mafia whether or not he is the Godfather. After all, the only difference between the Godfather and the rest of the Mafia is that he PM's Axle the Mafia's nightkill choice.

I think the evidence speaks for itself that Charge is indeed scum. Sorry dude, but for the good of the town, you need to die.

Vote: ChargewithSword

Austin

Austin
Where was zack124 modkilled? I can't seem to find it. And I stand by what I said before about Charge and Vergo's back-and-forth at the beginning of this thread.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Where was zack124 modkilled? I can't seem to find it. And I stand by what I said before about Charge and Vergo's back-and-forth at the beginning of this thread.

Near the end of page 20 with this upcoming post by Axle. The reason was because he was caught... *gulp* editing.

It had begun to rain in the town. Night was soon to fall. The townsfolk were in the middle of their final discussions about who to lynch and Link to Present was out for a stroll to think about his new suspicions. He decided to jog, foolishly, and slipped on the wet ground. Falling over and continuing to slide along the slick ground, he fell into a sewer grate, broken open. Unable to swim, he began to drown in the especially foul smelling water. He managed to grab a hold on the side of the sewer, and proceeded to start calling for help, hoping he could be heard among the rain and rushing sewer water. Unfortunately, he felt something brush against his leg. He tried to stay quiet but was quickly eaten by an alligator.

The townsfolk finally heard his screaming as he was being devoured, but couldn't get there in time to save him. They decided to take this opportunity to search his house and confirm if he was innocent or not. To their sadness, he was an innocent townie caught in a horrible accident.

Link to Present (modkilled for editing) - Townie

------------------

(Current Tally)

ChargewithSword: 2 (Viral Maze - @lex MM)

Ikana: 1 (ChargewithSword)

Durion: 1 (K4KING)

Xinnamin: 1 (PJDEP)

Master Kokiri 9: 2 (link to present - Meego7)

All votes for Link to Present (by TreeHuggerPanda, Master Kokiri 9, and Epwna) have been automatically unvoted now since he's dead. ;)

Day ends tomorrow. Better finish up your voting.

I really love Axle's way with words with his death sequences. While this is the first one, I'm certain that his other death posts will be similar to this one.

I'm forced to go for who I think is the most suspicious here, and it's not zack or Charge.

Vote: Xinnamin

Zack doesn't stick in my memory to be honest. Yeah, he's been laying low. Regardless of whether Xinnamin turns up a mafia (if she gets killed), I'm going after him and TreeHugger next.

Master Kokiri 9, you and many others know all about me and Charge. We love going at each others' throats all the time; the first few assumptions were all that was. He accused me of being the Godfather mainly because I would guess that's the biggest insult he could've thrown at me. When compared to Xinnamin, he's lower for me. I'm almost positive that if you guys go through with this, he'll come up a Townie.

After all, the only difference between the Godfather and the rest of the Mafia is that he PM's Axle the Mafia's nightkill choice.
Actually, you're wrong. The Godfather has one other advantage: He can not be nightkilled by the Vigilante and Serial Killer, and can not have his identity revealed by the Cop. ;)

Its 1 vote for MK9 since LTP is croc chow.
*Ahem* You're right, excuse me. :sweat:

(Current Tally)
ChargewithSword: 3 (Viral Maze - @lex MM - Master Kokiri 9)

Xinnamin: 2 (PJDEP - Ver-go-a-go-go)

Ikana: 1 (ChargewithSword)

Durion: 1 (K4KING)

Master Kokiri 9: 1 (Meego7)

zack125: 1 (Xinnamin)

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
Charge for most part his FOSs and suspicions have been thought through decently well. So I can't vote for him on just that he has played aggressively. But I can't blame anyone for suspecting him either. I will be paying attention to if he turns up as scum. Especially those who suspected the same people and PJDEP who seemed to be his ally. But if he is townie I am going to take second look at those who suspected him.

And Xinnamin, I don't find her all that suspicions, or more so then any one of you. She posts a lot but I don't see her standing out. She also does seem to be accusing people groundlessly either. I seem to remember her finding Zack suspicious very early on, so her vote is not that out of place. I see her as an intelligent player but not standing out much more then that. The her only real crime is being intelligent and staying back not engaging into all the paranoia... I'll have to wait and see if she is lynched to who she really is... Same as with Charge, I will be watching.

I'm thinking that if there is a tie between more than one person in votes that they will both be lynched. If so, I should even the vote so we don't loose three people on the first day...but neither of them are my vote preferred choices... I'm going to think it over and I might just have to flip a coin.

I would like to highly recommend that from now on, not to base your votes, FOS on suspicions and analysis done by others, they could be scum. Make up your own minds and do your own analysis. If all the townies do this we will start to weed out the scum, there are 16 of us and only 7 of them. Well start finding that there is an average agreement on who is the most suspicious.

IF I got this right-
halo siera 117, Biggoron, enemytracker, jetter, yotam, and Kazumi haven't posted yet... this is throwing a wrench into the game...

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

EBWOP--
Also:
Viral, PJDEP, if either of you get on within the next two hours or so... I would greatly appreciate it if you two could explain a little more in-depth to why you two are so adamant on lynching Charge and Xinnamin.

I've read your epic post PJ, but as you find Xinnamin an intellectual sort why would she so easily make the newbie Mafia mistake as to be overly defensive and put suspicion on herself? And Viral, I haven't really seen any real explanation as to why you are voting for Charge, other than that he is "the most scummy", how so?

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
EBWOP--
Also:
Viral, PJDEP, if either of you get on within the next two hours or so... I would greatly appreciate it if you two could explain a little more in-depth to why you two are so adamant on lynching Charge and Xinnamin.

I've read your epic post PJ, but as you find Xinnamin an intellectual sort why would she so easily make the newbie Mafia mistake as to be overly defensive and put suspicion on herself? And Viral, I haven't really seen any real explanation as to why you are voting for Charge, other than that he is "the most scummy", how so?

Austin

Austin
I've read your epic post PJ, but as you find Xinnamin an intellectual sort why would she so easily make the newbie Mafia mistake as to be overly defensive and put suspicion on herself?
That's exactly my point, given that she appears to be "one of the sharper knives in the draw", I wouldn't expect her to get so defensive and cast suspicion on herself. She wouldn't unless the accusations made her nervous due to the fact that they were spot on. And as for her vote for zack125, I didn't say it was outright ridiculous, I simply questioned her motives a bit and raised a possible explanation for them. I'm not entirely sure whether my conclusion was correct or not but wanted to raise it anyway so others could consider it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom