• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia (Game)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
I believe that Meego7 is a townie due to the fact that when I was analysising her posts, she seemed very innocent. As I'm sure I've already said, I don't think that Meego has the ability to think in such a way to make herself seem innocent, knowing that people would think she was a townie while she laughed quietly at her success.

However, I'm in no way calling her stupid by the way, but I'm pretty sure that I never had the ability to think of a plan like that at her age, I'd go to for trying to confuse people through very different means that what I thought of during my analysis.
Well, if this was true, it would really only make sense if Magoo was the Serial Killer, since for that scum role, she is alone. If she is Mafia, shes got 5 other Mafia buddies with her, which, I'm sure, would make it easy to act all suave and laid back, since they told her to do it, and they are probably doing it too.
And it is only Day1, and Megoo only posted like 3 or 4 times before your initial claim, so I can't see how your are so sure about her that you are willing to stick out our neck for her...

Also, your other quote:
I'm a newbie to this game, never knew about it until after I signed up. I believe that investigating from outside of the thread is something that someone who is really wanting to investigate who the Mafia are would do, I highly doubt the Mafia would take the trouble to investigate about themselves from outside of the thread. I think most of them couldn't be bother to do so, I believe that a Mafia member wouldn't really think of the game outside of the thread. The only people the Mafia have to worry about are the Vigilante and the Seriel Killer, as both of these have the ability to kill on command.

I fact that the Mafia only have two people to worry about, which they are likely not to investigate from outside of this thread, leading me to believe that PJDEP is a townie.
That is good deduction and all, but it brings up a WIFOM situation about what the Mafia would or wouldn't do. You say 'they wouldn't do that', then someone would say 'what if thats what the Mafia want you to think, but are actually doing it', etc etc.
It'll only lead to circle thinking, saying what the Mafia would/wouldn't do.

Also, I don't suspect you Durion, I'm just pointing something out to you, since this is your first game :P

Epwna

The epic turnip king
I'll vote now, because the day will be over soon. If anything really suspcious happens, I'll unvote.

Vote: Link to Present

Well, if this was true, it would really only make sense if Magoo was the Serial Killer, since for that scum role, she is alone. If she is Mafia, shes got 5 other Mafia buddies with her, which, I'm sure, would make it easy to act all suave and laid back, since they told her to do it, and they are probably doing it too.
And it is only Day1, and Megoo only posted like 3 or 4 times before your initial claim, so I can't see how your are so sure about her that you are willing to stick out our neck for her...

Firstly, I'm just stating I believe that Meego is definately someone that I personally believe is a townie. Even though my "defense" of her is something that's made her suspicious of me, something she has yet to justify. It's just letting me clear her name from the list of people I believe to be Mafia, even if I did believe she was Mafia, I'd be least sure about her because I've already narrowed down the two characters that so far I believe to be most suspcious, therefore, all I need to do is decide which to give a vote to.

It's not really sticking my neck out for her is it? I mean, no one is going to believe that I'm 100% Mafia from the fact I've stated I believe that someone is innocent. Infact, anyone that would vote for me after reading these posts would bring my suspicion of them due to the fact that they believe I've got a weakened defense, and will vote for me. Although that's just a theory.

Viral Maze said:
That is good deduction and all, but it brings up a WIFOM situation about what the Mafia would or wouldn't do. You say 'they wouldn't do that', then someone would say 'what if thats what the Mafia want you to think, but are actually doing it', etc etc.
It'll only lead to circle thinking, saying what the Mafia would/wouldn't do.

Also, I don't suspect you Durion, I'm just pointing something out to you, since this is your first game :P

As it stands, it's unlikely anyone will slip up at this stage and accidently reveal what their true role is, be it Mafia or Seriel Killer. Therefore I believe it's perfectly fine at this point in the game to go on what I think the Mafia would do. I personally believe it's impossible to know for sure what they would do and what they want me to think, because they can't possibly know how far my analysis would go. It's a risky tactic to pull off...

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

Meh. I will be keeping my eye on THP, Xinnamin and now...Durion

Durion, you seem really sucpicious to me........

Sorry once again for the double post, but I will delete it so that it doesn't appear so like I did last time.

Would both of you like to put forward your reasoning for being suspicious of myself?

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Durion, something about your posts as of late is really starting to look suspicious. You've pointed suspicion at me for being repetitive in my self defense, but you yourself have also seemed unnecessarily repetitive in your defense of your own posts. Though normally I would dismiss this slight hypocrisy as simple human nature, the fact that you have suspected Panda for acting contradictory to her words simply adds to the peculiarity of the situation. Perhaps I'm thinking too much into this, but it's too much a coincidence not to be noted.

It's not really sticking my neck out for her is it? I mean, no one is going to believe that I'm 100% Mafia from the fact I've stated I believe that someone is innocent. Infact, anyone that would vote for me after reading these posts would bring my suspicion of them due to the fact that they believe I've got a weakened defense, and will vote for me. Although that's just a theory.
Going this extra length to press your innocence isn't helping your case. It feels like you're almost threatening people who suspect you since you seem so abnormally certain of your self defense. Though I may be misinterpreting it, the threatening tone is rather evident. I can't say for certain whether that's mafia-style deception or a simple case of arrogance, or something else entirely, but it certainly has a suspicious feel to it. For now, IGMEOY.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master

Ah, your naivite' perplexes me. Let's say that a Mafia defends a person who is very close to getting lynched and for a good reason. Now, that person is believed by the Townies to be a Mafia, whether or not it's actually true. If the suspect is defended by the Mafia, whether or not they're all scum, then that will only cast more suspicion on the Mafia because they're defending a reasonable suspect with nothing.

That's kind of what you're doing with Meego and PJDEP, I think. PJDEP and Meego are under reasonable suspicion, PJDEP for casting suspicion on others with little to no evidence, and Meego for casting suspicion on yourself with no evidence. It only makes you look suspicious if you ask me.

IGMEOY, Durion.

Austin

Austin
That's kind of what you're doing with Meego and PJDEP, I think. PJDEP and Meego are under reasonable suspicion, PJDEP for casting suspicion on others with little to no evidence, and Meego for casting suspicion on yourself with no evidence. It only makes you look suspicious if you ask me.
We've been over this. Any "accusations" I made in the first few pages of this thread were merely me being facetious. I've provided perfectly logical reasons explaining my behavior and while you should believe me. I suggest you try to improve your argument a bit instead of constantly rehashing tired and used assumptions.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
We've been over this. Any "accusations" I made in the first few pages of this thread were merely me being facetious. I've provided perfectly logical reasons explaining my behavior and while you should believe me. I suggest you try to improve your argument a bit instead of constantly rehashing tired and used assumptions.

While I do believe that you were just messing around, the game begins after the Game Mod's first post, not like ten pages in.

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

EDWODP

And that is the reason you are suspicious to me.

Durion, something about your posts as of late is really starting to look suspicious. You've pointed suspicion at me for being repetitive in my self defense, but you yourself have also seemed unnecessarily repetitive in your defense of your own posts. Though normally I would dismiss this slight hypocrisy as simple human nature, the fact that you have suspected Panda for acting contradictory to her words simply adds to the peculiarity of the situation. Perhaps I'm thinking too much into this, but it's too much a coincidence not to be noted.

Going this extra length to press your innocence isn't helping your case. It feels like you're almost threatening people who suspect you since you seem so abnormally certain of your self defense. Though I may be misinterpreting it, the threatening tone is rather evident. I can't say for certain whether that's mafia-style deception or a simple case of arrogance, or something else entirely, but it certainly has a suspicious feel to it. For now, IGMEOY.

I'm defending my own posts because there's no use in me standing by while people find points that they believe are unexplained in other posts now are there? It would make me look just as much like a Mafia member due to me not defending my prior posts as it does with me defending them due to the fact people will start to question my innocence further as more holes get punched into the points I made. However, you on the other hand, at the end of a post for no reason at all, repeated that you were innocent when it seems to be completely unrelated to the rest of the post. That's not the same kind of defending, I'm defending from offense. You're defending from nothing, it seemed more like that you were trying to drive your innocence in everyone's head.

If I were to let people like you, Viral and Ark attack my defense without defending it, it would just be welcoming people to vote to get myself lynched wouldn't it? I need to defend my prior posts and points to keep my defense up. I'm going to say that it's like sending reinforcements to an area of the army where it has been serverely weakened, you aren't going to let it crumble whilst more and more people assault that point, it's like signing a contract to your own downfall. Personally I saw your post in which you randomly defended yourself as sending reinforcements to an area that doesn't need it. Thus I became suspicious of you.

Sorry if I have contradicted myself or seem contradicting, but I don't really realise it if I am, it's a lot of stuff to remember when I'm analysing everyone here.

Also, I am an arrogant person, but I'm suspicious of people that wait until others find un answered holes in my defense to try and remove the threat of me by trying to turn people against me whilst I'm unable to defend myself.

Ah, your naivite' perplexes me. Let's say that a Mafia defends a person who is very close to getting lynched and for a good reason. Now, that person is believed by the Townies to be a Mafia, whether or not it's actually true. If the suspect is defended by the Mafia, whether or not they're all scum, then that will only cast more suspicion on the Mafia because they're defending a reasonable suspect with nothing.

IGMEOY, Durion.

I don't see your point her, erm...so yeah, I don't really know what to reply with. However, for most of the people that PJDEP has placed his suspicion on, he seems to have reasoning behind doing so. It's not like the posts I've questioned before stating that they were suspicious of me, and that was it, not giving me any reasoning behind it at all. You've fallen into the area in which I was talking about before but didn't mention. You've seen someone else weaken my defences and as you may possibly be Mafia, you might be ceasing upon the chance that others are questioning my defense to try and remove me as a threat.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
I don't see your point her, erm...so yeah, I don't really know what to reply with. However, for most of the people that PJDEP has placed his suspicion on, he seems to have reasoning behind doing so. It's not like the posts I've questioned before stating that they were suspicious of me, and that was it, not giving me any reasoning behind it at all. You've fallen into the area in which I was talking about before but didn't mention. You've seen someone else weaken my defences and as you may possibly be Mafia, you might be ceasing upon the chance that others are questioning my defense to try and remove me as a threat.

What I was trying to say is that you're only making yourself look suspicious by defending those who are already under reasonable suspicion. Also, I'm not trying to say that your own suspicions aren't good if I understand what you meant, not at all in fact. However, we must take into consideration PJDEP's accusations early in the first day. His earlier accusations were very quick and sloppy. After all, he suspected me and THP from our first posts alone, in which we were completely unsuspicious. That made him look suspicious, and potentially being scum, he could've tried to clean up his act, a little too late if you ask me but still.

Another thing, while I'm not the first to mention your defenses of certain people, I'm the first to elaborate on them. There's a difference between the two, you know.

Austin

Austin
However, we must take into consideration PJDEP's accusations early in the first day. His earlier accusations were very quick and sloppy. After all, he suspected me and THP from our first posts alone, in which we were completely unsuspicious. That made him look suspicious, and potentially being scum, he could've tried to clean up his act, a little too late if you ask me but still.
What....what part aren't you getting? I've explained myself quite well and yet, for whatever reason, you're unable to process that information. You don't notice any difference between my early posts and my posts now? Or do you just think I got less stupid overnight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom