• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Mafia Emblem Gaiden: Scum of Valentia

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
krow, LG, FroCho, and Ryuku/Doc all need to post more. The last of those is a pure null to me. LG at least voted, but she hasn't contributed much aside from some WIFOM discussion. krow made one relevant post also. FroCho is asking a lot about mechanics and peoples' thoughts without offering much of his own.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
ZD Champion
@funnier6 I think you should have let Minish respond first. It's not as relevant anymore because she flipped town, but answering for someone helps them sometimes escape from a situation they didn't know how to answer themselves. Also, self-meta is so easy to fake.
By forcing someone to answer for themselves you force them to provide original thought but they can just take what others have already said and say "yes this was absolutely the reason kappa I am telling the truth kappa"

I think minish is good enough that trying to glean any information out of the nightkill is bound to be wifom. Funnier isn't implicated, nor is sms in my mind. Trying to implicate sms would only work on an assumption that their argument was t/w, so if it was an attempt to shade sms the wolves probably said something about it being t/w yesterday.
Just a thought

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
work. what's up
krow, LG, FroCho, and Ryuku/Doc all need to post more
i was absent sunday, sure, but the day started like 2 hours ago. give me like 5 seconds lol
I think minish is good enough that trying to glean any information out of the nightkill is bound to be wifom.
i agree with this. i don't want to completely brush it off but minish is probably a "safe" enough kill that most people would choose to kill her

"So sorry for killing you minish"
And "maybe that's what the wolves want us to think"
In case it wasn't clear

Oh please. You’re going to have to dig deeper than that, friend. I can’t help it if I feel bad about Faye dying in the friend zone :p

krow, LG, FroCho, and Ryuku/Doc all need to post more. The last of those is a pure null to me. LG at least voted, but she hasn't contributed much aside from some WIFOM discussion. krow made one relevant post also. FroCho is asking a lot about mechanics and peoples' thoughts without offering much of his own.

I thought I was offering my thoughts :(. I think the kill made funnier look suspicious, but the mafia might want me to think that. That’s all I was saying. Other than that, I really don’t have any other leads.

funnier6

Courage~
By forcing someone to answer for themselves you force them to provide original thought but they can just take what others have already said and say "yes this was absolutely the reason kappa I am telling the truth kappa"
Yeah yeah I know, kappa.
work. what's up
Playin mafia, bouta get ready for work, wondering why you've barely posted
i was absent sunday, sure, but the day started like 2 hours ago. give me like 5 seconds lol
Its been FOUR WHOLE MINUTES. Why have you forsaken us LG? D:

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
wondering why you've barely posted
you know i was wondering why everyone's been upset i haven't said anything and then i checked my post count LMAO that is low. i blame it on all the action happening when i was unavailable, also everyone being active enough today to post two whole ass pages without me :( (also moe posting all his thoughts in separate posts lmao that spaces it all out 2)

tell u what bb i have some Important Business™ to take care of today and then i will post some thoughts. they haven't changed much since end of day 1 but i also haven't really talked about a lot of people who are alive so i'll work on that and then get back to you. in the meantime if you have any questions ask away :bubsy:

Well what a busy day I've walked into. Right off the bat we lose our Vig, and it was Minish of all people. I was hoping to come back to one of her infamous half page essays, but it looks like we'll have to weed them out ourselves.

Clearly the scum were scared of her and likely for meta moreso than the events of yesterday, why else choose her over an easy target like an inactive? While she and SMS had a spat the other day, it's definitely foolish to assume he's scum just because she died. Likely a common scum play, but I could be wrong.

Care to share your feelings?

Vote: funnier6

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
-hero of time is town. looking forward to seeing what he has to say.

-funnier is one of the few people to actually notice me, and one of the only people to place a serious vote on me in literal years. probably town

-i'm never sure about ALIT. currently doing research at the time of typing this sentence

-krow is maybe a town ish. like a 55% leaning town i guess. there just isn't much to be suspicious of besides a low post count and a doc vote (which, tbh, my vote was worse than his)

-currently doc 2 remains post-less. can't exactly read that

-sms puts me off but i haven't seen anything that sets off a red alert yet. could be scum. i've quoted his most scummy post below:

I think regardless of interaction with Minish, if Funnier is scum, he'd want to get her out eventually. Meanwhile trying to win her trust early on in case the Mafia couldn't kill her.

And yeah, I could see the Mafia killing Minish to try framing me.

-moe has an inflated post count bc he never puts more than one sentence into a post (sarcasm). general town vibe.

-frozen, ok actually i can see where alit is coming from he does look p bad. considering a vote there but i haven't gathered all my thoughts yet

something weird i've noticed is that alit has had his eyes on frozen literally the entire game. frozen was his rvs and now they're fighting on day 2. not sure if fabricating tension between scumbuds, would love some input on whether or not i'm wrong.

funnier's original post butting into the sms/minish incident wasn't even defending minish. he was pointing out the flaws in sms's post because SMS was saying his omgus vote wasn't omgus.
She literally said “other than the reason I voted you” which might give you a hint that the logic is flawed and you should have actual logical reasons.

That is not even remotely close to what an aggressive player does. Everyone should want to know why other people are voting them because clearly they don’t care about the game if they’re letting themselves be lynched. I’m never seen anything saying you were an aggressive player yet.

Um, no. That’s not how it works. Ever. Voting someone because they voted you is OMGUS. That means you threw logic and reason out the window to vote someone just because they voted you. That sort of reasoning destroys yourself and negatively impacts the game since you’re not solving anything and everyone wants to kill you.

Wrong. Though she may be actually, and good for her for getting you to type all this. But that doesn’t mean she isn’t absolutely right that your vote is OMGUS no matter how you look at it and you saying it’s not and that she “deserves” your vote for daring to vote you is just stubborn rejection of facts. Why isn’t everyone being voted voting those who are voting them hm?

Shouldn’t this be directed at Minish and not the game in general?
look at that, the only time he mentions her is a kudos for getting the game rolling. other than that final paragraph, the only thing he addresses here is SMS's logic, not the vote for minish. even in the last paragraph he's not really defending her, it's more attacks on sms's logic. also interesting that alit accused funnier of defending minish literally the post right after funnier said that alit deserved to be voted for (it's post 37 if yall want to look at context).

-ALIT has a lot of posts and i do not have a lot of energy, i'll probably go through them later but right now he's potential scum for me, mostly because i disagree with his aggressive suspicion on funnier and that weird thing with frozen. i always find alit hard to read tbh

feel free to @ me i'll answer anything. this post was typed a little out of order sorry if it's hard to read :bubsy:

A Link In Time

ZD Legend
Well what a busy day I've walked into. Right off the bat we lose our Vig, and it was Minish of all people. I was hoping to come back to one of her infamous half page essays, but it looks like we'll have to weed them out ourselves.

Clearly the scum were scared of her and likely for meta moreso than the events of yesterday, why else choose her over an easy target like an inactive? While she and SMS had a spat the other day, it's definitely foolish to assume he's scum just because she died. Likely a common scum play, but I could be wrong.

Care to share your feelings?

Vote: funnier6

Can you explain why you voted for funnier after what you wrote? I don't see the connection.

A Link In Time

ZD Legend
It’s hard to get a reading on anything right now. SMS lashing at Minish is easy to point out, but it could be first day jitters. ALiT questioning is noteworthy, but probably just a player looking for any kind of lead.

At this point, I’m kinda leaning towards voting Moe because of their “enough to be active approach” but since the day is almost over and I just got here, I’ll wait.

Man, day ones can be such a pain.

So this is the only notable post from Frozen on Day 1. "This could mean that, but I don't know..." He mentions thinking about voting Moe but never does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom