• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia A: Pokémafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright then. If no one has any objections, if Josh turns out to really be the Godfather, then I'm probably going to nightkill either Green Goron or Hanyou. Haven't fully decided which. If Josh turns out to be something not nightkill-immune, then I'll target Kazumi.

First having people lynched helps the mafia. Now nobody getting lynched helps the mafia? :c

Vote: Axle
...? What the hell?

When did I say lynching people was bad, ever? I've been pursuing lynches this entire game. The only time I can think of that comes remotely close to saying otherwise is when I wanted to shift off people who are active onto the inactives.

And it's a pretty basic fact of Mafia, seriously, ask anyone who's played enough, that except for perhaps on the first day when you're pretty much always going to lynch a townie, when nobody gets lynched, no progress is made. No new information, no real potential for killing Mafia. Think of the Day/Night cycle as one turn. If the Day ends in no-lynch, you've essentially forfeited your turn, and now the Mafia get to make their play.

First having people lynched helps the mafia. Now nobody getting lynched helps the mafia? :c

Vote: Axle

This here, ladies and gentleman is a maths fail. Notice the tangible irony in that by placing the vote Hachi has in fact created a tie of 4-4 between Josh and Axle, thus meaning if Ky decides to end the day now we will have no lynch. It's a beautiful thing.

Kybyrian

DEADLINE REACHED

Josh 5 (green goron, Djinn, jdenicholls, Axle the Beast)
Axle the Beast 4 (Hachi, Hanyou, Josh, Kazumi)

No mistakes were made. I did not count votes wrong. I know only four people are on the tally for Josh, so don't complain to me. =)

Twilight

Lynch scene will be posted in a few. You may not vote or unvote during this period of the day. All of your votes are hereby final.

Yes, you are wrong. Axle has 5 votes, I have 4, not the other way around.

Recount, plz.

Or, you just got the names mixed up. Either one.

Kybyrian

It was a tug-of-war between two big players. The truths that were uncovered during the day were definitely not favorable, but the Town had to make a choice. If they wanted to live it seemed they had to work with one of their greatest enemies. Was he telling the truth? They just hoped so. No one had opposed him and his competition was lacking on a defense. One individual managed to make the lynch final. His opinion weighed more than everyone else's, and it was his vote that made the day's end change dramatically.

They were ready to get rid of Josh. He was the guy that nobody wanted around. They let him flaunt his ego and run around the Town sarcastically for far too long. He turned and tried to run, a large cat turning the corner to cover his trail. Someone managed to slip in front of him, though. It was the guy who led him ultimately to his doom. Here was Axle the Beast, towering monstrously over Josh as he shoved him to the ground. Before Josh's faithful companion even knew what was happening, Josh's life blinked away.

He was Giovanni, the Mafia Godfather.

Dracomajora was modkilled for inactivity. He was Ariana, a Mafia Goon.

Night 5 Begin

Night will end on the 9th.

Kybyrian

The town was overflowed with a great rush of relief after the death of Giovanni. It was hardly believable. One man singlehandedly conducted the lynch of the boss of Team Rocket. What's even better is that someone else died along with him. Things were looking good for the town. They had no fear of death now. They knew they could overcome this. One man was proud to be out doing his work again. He had a pretty good idea of who the last of Team Rocket was, so he was going to hunt down one specific person and put an end to his miserable life.

He was not hard to find. He was out wandering around. He seemed to be thinking hard. He was obviously a member of Team Rocket. No doubt he was thinking about how he could beat this and overcome the town.

jdenicholls was aware someone was approaching him, but he thought he may be able to get away. He was trying to think of a way to best go about the next day. They may have hit the Godfather and a goon, but that didn't mean they were in the clear. Nobody else was popping out to him, so he took a brisk walk to get the gears in his mind turning. He had a nice hunch of who the remaining Mafia were, so he was desperate to get away from whoever it was that was stalking him. He was approaching. It was time. He drew his pistol and turned back, point-blank range against the forehead of his unwelcome friend.

Little did jdenicholls know that his enemy's best friend and trusted Pokémon partner was not with him. This Pikachu was out with the mission to end the suffering of Saffron City. Pikachu began charging faster and faster, glowing with anticipation and the power of the move it was about to perform. Rushing at lightning speed. Its boasting energy was like a hot knife, and the thick darkness of the night was a mere shield of flesh covering the surrounding buildings. There was a collision, and the target was down. A quick shock, a shattering blow. jdenicholls was Baoba, a Vanilla Townie.

.:The Dead: 19:.
Hero of Music - Town Bodyguard (Bruno) [Lynched Day 1]
Justeazy - Third-Party Executioner (Eusine) [Killed Night 1]
illmatic - Town Inventor Enabler (Maisy) [Killed Night 1]
Soldier of Link - Vanilla Townie (Mr. Game) [Lynched Day 2]
Master Kokiri 9 - Town Inventor (Kurt) [Killed Night 2]
Hero of Time - Vanilla Townie (Dude) [Killed Night 2]
TreeHuggerPanda - Town Tracker (Lance) [Killed Night 2]
Jedizora - Vanilla Townie (DJ Snap) [Lynched Day 3]
Meego - Vanilla Townie (Mr. Fuji) [Modkilled Day 3]
Elfen - Town Doctor (Nurse Joy) [Killed Night 3]
Keyshe - Mafia Diguise Artist (Petrel) [Killed Night 3]
Baysiderulez - One-Shot Bulletproof Town (Chuck) [Modkilled Day 4]
Go_Dark_Link - Vanilla Townie (Copycat) [Lynched Day 4]
zack125 - Mafia Roleblocker (Archer) [Modkilled Day 4]
Ninten* - Vanilla Townie (Magnus) [Modkilled Day 4]
Durion - Town Cop (Lt. Surge) [Killed Night 4]
Josh - Mafia Godfather (Giovanni) [Lynched Day 5]
Dracomajora - Mafia Goon (Ariana) [Modkilled Day 5]
jdenicholls - Vanilla Townie (Baoba) [Killed Night 5]

.:The Living: 7:.
Austin
Kazumi
Hachi
Hanyou
green goron
Djinn
Axle the Beast

Hmmph.

Too bad, so sad, I'm dead, I'm done. I got as far as I could, and I think I did pretty damn well for being inexperienced and making it to Day 5. If I tried to refute Axle's claims a little more I might've made it further, but who knows. But anyway, I was a kick-*** Giovanni, and you all know it. So, to conclude, go rape some people, Team Rocket.

Giovanni, out.

*disappears*

Austin

Austin
If I'm reading the summary of last night's events correctly, Axle's kill was blocked, and Kazumi choose the wrong guy yet again. The good news is though, unless I'm mistaken about the amount of remaining Mafia, we can end this game by the start of the next day. With the Serial Killer and Vigilante out in the open we can use them to target two potential suspects and use our collective townie lynch on one more. With luck, we'll get them all.

green goron

Best of the Gorons
Only one kill went through. I'm actually surprised Kazumi wasn't night killed after claiming vig but maybe he's bulletproof and wanted them to target him. I'm guessing there are 2 mafia left at the most. If we have 2 mafia then we have Axle and 4 townies. We already know Axle and Kaz aren't mafia unless Kaz luckily guessed 2 people who were night kill immune and Axle is bull****ting. That leaves five people:

Austin
Hachi
Hanyou
green goron
Djinn

Yeah, I targeted Hanyou last night and he's not dead. The Mafia Roleblocker is already dead, so I wasn't blocked by the Mafia. The most likely explanations (other than me being full of **** of course) are we have a really stupid Townie Roleblocker or a Mafia Bodyguard of sorts. Which could imply that Hanyou is scum and is being protected/is protecting himself, but it's also very possible that's an intentional setup.

That said... I dunno. My suspicions of Hanyou have not been alleviated completely, and certainly not those of Green Goron and Austin.

If I'm reading the summary of last night's events correctly, Axle's kill was blocked, and Kazumi choose the wrong guy yet again. The good news is though, unless I'm mistaken about the amount of remaining Mafia, we can end this game by the start of the next day. With the Serial Killer and Vigilante out in the open we can use them to target two potential suspects and use our collective townie lynch on one more. With luck, we'll get them all.
So uh... what happened to the Mafia kill then? Also, why one more Mafia? Standard ratio, as far as I know 1/4 of the players are Mafia or, rarely, 1/3. With 26 plays, one fourth is 6 and a half. So that's 6 or 7 Mafia. We've only killed 4.

It's incredible unlikely there are only 5 Mafia. Green Goron's math is actually pretty accurate, though. If I was the mod I'd make the player count 6 myself. Now you have a pretty good alibi for this considering a number of things, but at the same time, it kind of strikes me as a clever deception. With 1 Mafia left, you kill that Mafia and boom, only scum left is Serial Killer. Kill Serial Killer, and you've bought the Mafia a SK death along with some extra time.

I dunno, haven't made up my mind on that yet.

Austin

Austin
Yeah, I targeted Hanyou last night and he's not dead. The Mafia Roleblocker is already dead, so I wasn't blocked by the Mafia. The most likely explanations (other than me being full of **** of course) are we have a really stupid Townie Roleblocker or a Mafia Bodyguard of sorts. Which could imply that Hanyou is scum and is being protected/is protecting himself, but it's also very possible that's an intentional setup.
I think it's more likely that Hanyou himself is the remaining roleblocker.

So uh... what happened to the Mafia kill then? Also, why one more Mafia? Standard ratio, as far as I know 1/4 of the players are Mafia or, rarely, 1/3. With 26 plays, one fourth is 6 and a half. So that's 6 or 7 Mafia. We've only killed 4.
I didn't have the slightest idea of how many Mafia remained, and Wyatt wouldn't tell me, so I made a random guess.

Now you have a pretty good alibi for this considering a number of things, but at the same time, it kind of strikes me as a clever deception. With 1 Mafia left, you kill that Mafia and boom, only scum left is Serial Killer. Kill Serial Killer, and you've bought the Mafia a SK death along with some extra time.

I dunno, haven't made up my mind on that yet.
wat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom