• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia A: Pokémafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elfen

Call Me Robbi :D
But if it was a cop, it couldn't be the GF. Cause aren't they immune to investigations?? And it says that the person saw who the trainer and pokemon was??

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Hm, interesting. I'm gonna get to work on analysis, but before I go, here's my take on the whole roleblocky thing. Giovanni never had a flying type on his team at all, so he's most likely out. I did some research on Ariana and her other Admins, and yeah, she's the most likely candidate for Roleblocker since, well, she is the only Executive to have a flying type (Murkrow, to be exact, which has talons). She's most likely the roleblocker blocking whoever Mister Cop (personally, he seems much more Coppy than Viggy). However, at the same time, Murkrow is a tiny little thing, and therefore I don't think that it's entirely likely to be Ariana.

Jedizora

:right:
I would think it to be a roleblocker. Not sure who though. I'll have to check out inportant trainers who used murcrows.

I would love for this to not be beginner's mafia.

But what the hell? Go scumhunt! You're not doing any favors by looking up who uses a Murkrow or a Noctowl.

I think a Murkrow is most likely than a Noctowl because I don't think Noctowls has an attack that paralyzes a foe.

Elfen

Well... i still don't think Giovanni will be in the game since he di quite team rocket... but who knows.

But the only suspicions we had after day 1 was I think three or four people??

One. Axle. Well, that was the main conflict on day one with HoM
Two. SoL. Due to her Trolol post and some other reasons
thee. Jedizora. For proclaiming and going over his own poost and describing them to prove he is town??
Meego. Why was she scummy?? o_O

Well, unless some one wants to claim right now and bring it up to them selves to get things started by all means. I won't take the chance to be lynched or roleblocked.

Well, unless some one wants to claim right now and bring it up to them selves to get things started by all means. I won't take the chance to be lynched or roleblocked.

So....This was said because you know that if you tried to claim anything, your claim would quickly fall through because either you wouldn't be great at defending it, or you know you're mafia or third-party, and are not willing to risk the chance of being caught?

I see.

Elfen

No. Actually it wouldn't, it'd stand firm and actually true. BUT I took it on my free liberty to say that just to start something :P and see things from there

Well... i still don't think Giovanni will be in the game since he di quite team rocket... but who knows.

But the only suspicions we had after day 1 was I think three or four people??

One. Axle. Well, that was the main conflict on day one with HoM

Two. SoL. Due to her Trolol post and some other reasons
thee. Jedizora. For proclaiming and going over his own poost and describing them to prove he is town??
Meego. Why was she scummy?? o_O

Scum. Pretending not to know about the Mafia and telling people to name/roleclaim. Totes scum.

Vote: Elfen

So you are saying there is a role that can kill and role block ._.??? The only other "Dark winged" like beast is noctowl, which can also be the pokemon. But the Claws and the wings aren't connected. Unless some way there is a Roleblock +Killing role. Which would seem unfair. Also, there where three scenes happening, so there is most likely 3 killing roles.

1st Paragraph was the Mafia Kill
2nd was a roleblocked vig kill
3rd was some 3rd party kill.

Just my views on things.

Sooo tell me how the first scene and the second scene are connected. Which makes the two descriptive pokemon completly seperate. So one kill is using claws while the roleblocker uses some sort of flying type most likely a dark type, which fits Murkrow. Unless it was the Godfather.

Basically, as you have said yourself, it seems that the Mafia carried out the kill that Kybyrian described in paragraph one. Therefore Kybyrian may be the writing the kill as the Godfather personally performing the murder for that scene. But you ask about a role that can kill and role block, as far as I'm aware there isn't one. However, my theory can still stand as the Godfather is generally immune to both investigations and any attempted nightkills against him. Thus I reached the conclusion that due to the pokemon being described in both paragraph one and two possibly being the same pokemon (as claws are essentially the definition of a talon, the claw which a bird of prey has alongside the fact it's a winged pokemon) and that the first paragraph involves the Mafia using said pokemon, that the second paragraph is in fact describing an attempted nightkill against the Godfather, who being immune, survived and escaped.

This is last nights actions in terms of killing roles from my eyes:

Mafia nightkilled Justeazy and succeeded.
Vigilante nightkilled the Godfather and failed.
3rd Party nightkilled illmatic.

When I first read this I thought it was another attempted Nightkill that was blocked, probably because the target was bulletproof. Reading it again it sounds more like a Cop, don't you think? "Someone is causing trouble, and he's out to find out who it is." Might be another info role though. Because of the use of the word "dark, winged" it sounds likely that target was mafia, but nothing is for certain.

I don't think I've ever played a game in which the success or failure of any form of investigative roles night ability has ever been described during the death scenes. It doesn't seem normal to do that. It does sound possible though, as it is basically my own theory but with a different role.

If you read what the post says the person pursuing is trying to find who it is. That's pretty crystal clear to me. There's no mention of intent to murder, although this is Pokemon themed so that might come across as a bit grim.

I'm going to disagree here, though. All it actually says is "he sees exactly the person he was looking for", stating that said person has found his target for the night. It doesn't suggest if his intent is to kill or to investigate, although I don't see why the person would attack his target directly to investigate him, seems unusual.

But if it was a cop, it couldn't be the GF. Cause aren't they immune to investigations?? And it says that the person saw who the trainer and pokemon was??

It says that the person watches his target and his target's pokemon get away, not that he saw the their faces or anything along those lines.

This seems like a very scummy thing to do, you're asking someone else to claim to get the ball rolling, but you could just as easily be hoping for someone to claim someone that you may wish to kill off. I know I said before the it may be an idea for a person with a nightkill ability to step forward with information if their selected target didn't die last night, so I look like a hypocrite, but I believe my reasoning is more than adequate for me to produce such a suggestion.

IGMEOY Elfen.

Elfen

Scum. Pretending not to know about the Mafia and telling people to name/roleclaim. Totes scum.

Vote: Elfen

Actually, I did no such things about pretending to know about the mafia. I just stated that Giovanni might not be in it since he DID quite team rocket after you beat him in red,blue, and yellow. I dont think he even showed up in gold/silver/crystal. The johto part was mainly otehr team rocket members trying to recreate team rocket. Yes i am a pokemon freak. I have played Red/Blue/Yellow/gold/silver/crystal/fire red/ leaf green/ D/P/P/Ruby/ Sapphire over 5 times each. Oh and SS. And i have played emerald at least 15 times or even more. Yeah im a pokemon freak ._.

As for teh second accusation. I did no such thing. I did not tell people to Claim at all. I was using sarcasm to represent what happened in day 1 ._. any more questions?

EBWODP

As for what Durion said.. Yeah thats what I thought of, the person targeted teh god father.

Djinn

and Tonic
Yet another trainer walks the streets in the dead of night, taking in the cool air and clearing his mind. He has it set on something particularly important tonight. Someone is causing trouble, and he's out to find who it is. To his surprise, he sees exactly the person he was looking for turn right onto the street and walk in front of him. It's all going to be too easy, he thinks to himself. He orders his Pokémon to attack, but the man he's targeting seems to know he's coming. He breaks into a run and flies into the alley next to him. As the attacker rounds the corner, a dark, winged Pokémon sits before him. The eyes of this Pokémon stare deep into those of the attacker, and even seem to peer into the soul, freezing him completely. He can only watch as both the Pokémon and trainer set off into another alley, getting away.

I saw this an instantly thought roleblock. As for the attacker it is hard to say, I would assume a SK or Vig as well. I did not suspect a cop investigation because it was written to seem more like an attack that failed.

Even then the GF will typically come off as town to all investigations not that they are immune. They are usually immune to nightkills. I do not see why that would be any different in this game.

Well... i still don't think Giovanni will be in the game since he did quite team rocket... but who knows.

He is still an important character, leaving Team Rocket might mean a possible third party for the character. But I am not willing to make that call at this point. We went over who may or may not be in the game back on day 1 and it did not help anyone. Instead of asking if he is in the game, you might try asking what possible role would the character have were they to appear in the game, if they were mafia, or if they were third party. That might help form a better understanding based on what Kyby writes in his scenarios.

I think you made a mistake already, this shows me you might have something important worth hiding. You have a role that can be blocked? And now you wish to see if anyone else is going to step up and give you something to jump on.

Vote:Elfen

Elfen

:Rolls eyes::

Originally Posted by Elfen

This line right here was intentional. I was using Sarcasm to define what happened on day 1. I also knew all this was gonna happen. I knew people where gonna out for me for that. I just did it to start something up ._. I have no intentions for any one to claim at all. Why would I want that. I may be stupid, but im not that stupid, especially if i did it on purpose .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom