• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia 4: Majora's Mask

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many times have I said that any mistake I have made so far have been "newbie" mistakes and not mafia strategies. Even though everyone's bandwagoning and it seems that Axle's about to be lynched, I still feel that I need to defend myself on this. I didn't try to mislead you guys by saying that their were four mafia. And if that is so obviously wrong, why would I have tried to push that idea on you guys, when it was such a bad move that it got me three votes on the same post? (OMG, it seems like all I do on this thread is defend myself xD)
And this is exactly why I want you dead. You just assumed that my vote was based off of your one post about the number of mafia members there are. No, my good sir, you need to rethink your assumptions.

Here's one of your posts that makes me feel uncomfortable:
Sasuke Uchiha said:
Lol, yeah PA, I just read through the posts and found it. Everyone got suspicious over Post 455. I find it suspicious also. He seems to take voting unserious and speaks humorously about everything.
I especially love Jo calling Ky shady despite her similar and far more disruptive behavior...
So... for the lulz?
Probably because of this whole "clash of the titans" thing going on right now.
And you started to say something very suspicious (to me at least)
Good, you shouldn't trust ANY player in this game, ESPECIALLY the good players. Trust is going to get you killed. Cooperation however is crucial.
That whole paragraph is full with questionable quotes. Sorry Axle,

VOTE: AXLE THE BEAST
First of all, you never said who said the quotes. I realize you did put the post number, but it's just text. Make it a link. [noparse]Text here (in this case, Post 455)[/noparse]. However, those who didn't bother to go to the post would have to assume the quotes above are from Axle since you voted for him in this post. Second, you should stop cutting off paragraphs. Just saying, "So... for the lulz" is something I wouldn't expect from Axle. Axle did say more. Even if it was just another small sentence, include all of it. Also, Axle did not say "So... for the lulz" humorously, he directed that to you. After that he gave you advice. Did you not read it?

Axle has been serious about everything that's happened in this game, and since you can't see that, I stand by my vote.

First of all, you never said who said the quotes. I realize you did put the post number, but it's just text. Make it a link. [noparse]Text here (in this case, Post 455)[/noparse]. However, those who didn't bother to go to the post would have to assume the quotes above are from Axle since you voted for him in this post. Second, you should stop cutting off paragraphs. Just saying, "So... for the lulz" is something I wouldn't expect from Axle. Axle did say more. Even if it was just another small sentence, include all of it. Also, Axle did not say "So... for the lulz" humorously, he directed that to you. After that he gave you advice. Did you not read it?

Axle has been serious about everything that's happened in this game, and since you can't see that, I stand by my vote.
This is actually a core thing behind my entire game. In case you haven't noticed, almost every post I've made in this Mafia game has detailed explanation of both Townie and Mafia behavior, and I intended these as informative. I understand that I can't be trusted (oh snap, that was ONE of my tips from the get-go), but the fact is no one can be trusted meaning you need to assess what every says by logic, not based on whether or not you trust them. Think for yourself, in short, but actually think about it.

At any rate, for the record, Pocket Asian, those quotes me made were all from me. But they're all out of context and he should either quote better, or as you said indicate which posts. He could also stand to actually give some explanation as to why the quotes are suspicious instead of just saying they are like he's an authority. No one should be trusted, so no one is an authority. That's why I've played seriously and detailed my reasoning. But clearly no one's reading; their funeral.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Slight mistake on my part...

Tally

Axle the Beast: 11 (Baysiderulez, Meego7, Kybyrian, illmatic, Master Kokiri 9, Sasuke Uchiha, Hazel, Dracomajora, Green Goron, Zack125)
Sasuke Uchiha: 2 (Watch Your 6, TheGreen)
Baysiderulez: 1 (Axle the Beast)

No votes cast: ChargewithSword, Pocket Asian, SuperSilly, Link to Present, Hero of Music, [Epwna], Keyshe, Ninten*

Here is the correct tally, and that's a lynch!

Have yourselves some TWILIGHT while I write the scene up.

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
All I can say is... if Axle is mafia you guys got lucky, keep up with lynching with little reasons, and following some one else's logic and posts will make us lose this game, just like mafia 2 and 3, and almost 1 as well.

If he is town, I hope you guys really have learned you lesson, this time. Axle you really need to make that how to play mafia guide, seriously.

Last edited:

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
The day seemed slow, but it as it neared the end the town came to the decision that Axle was guilty. As Axle spoke up to try to clear his name, it seemed the town already had come to a consensus. Axle approached the man in the purple
"So... Axle the Beast, is it?" The man said as he shook Axle's hand.

Axle stood, ready to accept his fate. The man put his hands over Axle's body and a brilliant flash of light blinded the Terminans from the sight, forcing them to look away.

As the light disappeared, the town looked at the man in purple. He stood holding an old, ugly mask. Axle was gone. Half of the mask seemed to made of leather, and the other side was metallic, with a slot to see through. As the man stood with the mask in his hands, the townsfolk noticed a hammer on the ground, where Axle stood before the flash of light.

"Who.."

"Gabora," a Terminan said. "He was a blacksmith."

"That explains the hammer," the man said as he put the mask into his bag. "Well, I think we should all go home and rest for the night."

The sun started, and the town went back to their homes.

The Living: 20
Master Kokiri 9
Pocket Asian
Watch Your 6
Kybyrian
Sasuke Uchiha
Illmatic
SuperSilly
Baysiderulez
Ninten*
Zack125
TheGreen
Meego7
ChargewithSword
Keyshe
Green Goron
Link to Present
Epwna
Hazel
DracoMajora
Hero of Music

The Dead: 3
linksbro321 - Gorman (Vanilla Townie)
Zelda's_Child - Gyorg (Mafia Goon)
Axle the Beast - Gabora (Town Blacksmith)

Night 2 Begins!
48 hrs! Get all your PMs in ASAP.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
As the townsfolk awake the next day, and approached the town square, it was apparent that a few of their number were missing.

"We seem to be missing two..." The man in the purple said as he put his bag of masks aside.

"Where's Green Goron?" someone said.

"And Illmatic. He's not here either," said someone else.

"Let's split up," the man said. "We'll find them quicker."

Half the group went to North Clock Town, where the crater was from the first night. There they saw a huge block of ice that wasn't there the other day. As they approached, they noticed someone trapped in it.

"Green Goron!" someone yelled.

The man approached the iceblock. It was clearly Green Goron trapped in it. It seemed as if he was trying to run away from something as he got frozen. The man pulled a bottle out of his bag. Blue light eminated from the bottle as the man uncorked it. He turned it upside down over the ice block, and a blue flame came out of it.

As it made contact with the ice block, the ice almost instantenously melted. Green Goron lay on the ground in a puddle of water. The man kenlt beside him.

"No heart beat. He's dead," he said.

The man put his hands on Green Goron's chest. The town knew what was going to happen, and they quinted their eyes, or turned away. After a brilliant flash of light, the man stood over the puddle, Green Goron gone, and held a mask in his hands.

"Who was he?" Someone asked.

The mask was made of wood it seemed. It was covered in painted marks, like war paint.

"Odolwa," he said. "A masked jungle warrior, he ruled over Woodfall..."

A scream pierced the air. It was coming from East Clock Town, where the other group went to investigate.

A crowd started to gather just outside of the Mayor's office. The man with the masks approached the scene and moved to the front of the crowd. A body lay there, just infront of the Mayor's door. It seemed the body was trampled, there were hoof marks all of the body. The man turned the body over, and the town say his face. It was Illmatic!

The man put his hands on Illmatic's chest and after a flash, he held a mask in his hands. It was the face of an older looking man, with purple hair, and a purple mustache.

"Thats... Thats Dotour," someone said.

"The Mayor, yes. His opinions held a lot of weight in this town," said the mask man. He put the mask away in his bag, alongside of the mask of Odolwa.

"An eventful start, but please, we must try to find the one responsible for all this!"

The Living: 18
Master Kokiri 9
Pocket Asian
Watch Your 6
Kybyrian
Sasuke Uchiha
SuperSilly
Baysiderulez
Ninten*
Zack125
TheGreen
Meego7
ChargewithSword
Keyshe
Link to Present
TreeHuggerPanda
Hazel
DracoMajora
Hero of Music

The Dead: 5
linksbro321 - Gorman (Vanilla Townie)
Zelda's_Child - Gyorg (Mafia Goon)
Axle the Beast - Gabora (Town Blacksmith)
Illmatic - Mayor Dotour (Town Doublevoter)
Green Goron - Odolwa (Mafia Roleblocker)

Day 3 Begins!
With 18 alive, 10 votes lynch.
Anyone under 10 posts should post more.

Also, TreeHuggerPanda has replaced Epwna

David

But you called me here...
"Thats... Thats Dotour," someone said.

"The Mayor, yes. His opinions held a lot of weight in this town," said the mask man. He put the mask away in his bag, alongside of the mask of Odolwa.

Ah. So that's why there were 11 votes, but only 10 people that voted. That sucks that he's gone... But it looks like the other players with night kill abilities were able to kill off some scum. Now, I think I need to re-read Green Goron's posts and figure out if there's a specific pattern that could have hinted toward him being Mafia to see if it contains similarities with other players.

Oh and Viral Maze, you are great at this story telling. Almost impossible to tell who was killed by who with out some assumptions. We can assume that Mafia killed Illmatic and that one of the other night-kill guys killed Green Goron, due to the different abilities of both Illmatic and Green Goron.

That's good news for the town that another mafia has been killed. That's two mafia in two nights. I wouldn't be surprised if the mafia are starting to panic.

Dead men tell no tales, thats code for hush up.

So sorry guys I really thought Axle would have been mafia. Its good that atleast SOMEBODY in this game knows what they are doing. Thanks to our vig/sk/or whomever who got the mafia last night.

Now onwards to our next leads. Previous names that have been mentioned were mine, as well as Sauske, and I believe the other vote was on Meego from Keyshe. Starting with those names in mind today should help give us something to think about. We ought to take a look at both Illimatic and Green Goron and see if we can gather any further clues as to who they interacted with, and perhaps had some close encounters with that might have led to their death. Yup I think thats the first step here.

If I can find the time I'll do it tonight, else it will have to wait till tomorrow.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
So sorry guys I really thought Axle would have been mafia.

Same here, my apoligies!

But now I examine what happened. Keyshe is being careful, I see that. She didn't vote for Axle but indeed me. I don't really see why she targeted me because I wasn't the only one voting for Axle without stating my reasons very well. Maybe she knows something we don't? If she is mafia then she knows who the townies are so if she voted for me because she knows my role aswell as picking out a reason then that makes her mafia. But I won't assume that just yet. For now.

IGMEOY: Keyshe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom