• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia 4: Majora's Mask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazel

A Frog
Okay... Thsi day is just too confusing. The most expermented players throw accusations at each other, and the less just don't post. There are way to many inactive people for this to work out.

Jo is being somewhat confusing. I'm not sure what to think, and I don't think it's possible to be sure. I've got a hunch that she could be a jester - Due to her encouraging people voting for her on the first day. Though she had asked people to vote for her near the middle/end of mafia 2... It's just seems strange to me that she would do that so early in this one unless she had a reason too. Linksbro could be a reason, but why throw her life away so early when she knows she's a good player, and thus more helpful alive? (Am I correct in saying that a jester wins when they die?)

I'm not confirming or denying the jester role, but I want to applaud you. This is EXACTLY the type of thinking we need. To better understand "the why we do what we do"

Now, I believe CP showed many of the same signs of being a likely townie/new player that Linksbro had also shown. (Correct me if I'm wrong.) Yet in the midst of this, Jo did not leap to the rescue of CP like she lept to the defense of Linksbro.

This means that either

1. She didn't have time.
2. She wanted CP dead as a townie or knew CP was an anti-town and stuck to her always telling the truth in mafia games statement by avoiding commenting on it.
3. She didn't think CP honestly had a chance of being lynched and didn't bother defending him.
4. She didn't feel the need to stand for that particular ideal until Linksbro was attacked.
5. She just didn't notice it.

I highly doubt all but 1, 2 and 3, given that she doesn't lie. I don't know which is true (if any, you never know) but my hunch is that it's 2. (Hunch means that I'm not ruling out other possibilities.) In which case I'd assume scum. Because if she were a townie she would have reacted like she did toward Linksbro, because both CP and Linksbro were acting like likely townies, and they were both new.

Your ideas/hunches crazy, I think not. You might be the one player who is able to understand me. Trust you're feelings, I have given this town more to work with then even you have discovered so far, but you are on the right track. If applied these techniques to ALL the players, then perhaps you too, could spot a mafia a mile a way and say with absolute certainty, "yes they are mafia."

Before you go I would like to explain one thing to you. The reason I responded differently towards CP and Linksbro. While all the signs were there that Axle was in control, it wasn't until the exact same people who jumped on board the CP train jumped on the Linksbro train, that I realized what was going on. I saw everyone follow Axle on over, and that gave him an abnormal control of the game. ALSO HAZEL and CP are the same 'person' when it comes to mafia. Roles didnt change when Hazel 'replaced' CP, I find it funny now that where CP was actually thought of as being scum, now Hazel is innocent. That just made no sense, and that heightened my awareness to the events going on around me. I'm not one to act extremely heroic, but I would have gladly offered myself up instead of Linksbro to get some answers.

Trust your instincts. You are on the right path, thats all I can say, you are right to be suspicious of me, but you shouldn't fear me.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Okay... Thsi day is just too confusing. The most expermented players throw accusations at each other, and the less just don't post. There are way to many inactive people for this to work out.

Yeah, some people are really good at this game, others are inactive. But now I have casted my vote I don't really have much else to say for the time being.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
VOTE: Kybyrian

This is a really bad time for me to post becuase my school is almost done for the semester so I can only post a lot on the weekends.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Tally:

Baysiderulez: 3 (Axle the Beast, Master Kokiri 9, Pocket Asian)
Axle the Beast: 1 (Baysiderulez)
Turo602: 1 (Meego7)
Kybyrian: 1 (Ninten*)

No votes cast: [Kazumi], Illmatic, SuperSilly, Zack125, Green Goron, Hazel, Kybyrian, Link to Present, TheGreen, Hero of Music, Epwna, Sasuke Uchiha, DracoMajora, Keyshe, [Turo602]

green goron

Best of the Gorons

This is a really bad time for me to post becuase my school is almost done for the semester so I can only post a lot on the weekends.

Give a reason when you vote for someone. Turo did the same thing you did and everyone became suspicious of her. You better say why or else people will get suspicious of you to.

IGMEOY: Ninten*

It seems a big thing going right now is the controversy between Axle and Bayside. They keep going back and forth and both are giving good points and as of now none of them have convinced me enough to place a vote but

IGMEOY: Axle and Bayside

Any particular reason why you're voting for Kybyrian? Voting without any kind of evidence to back it up doesn't look too good for you. So we can expect an analysis on the weekend, right?

A few people pointed out their suspicions of Kybyrian on day one, I don't find it that odd that he votes for Kybyrian. And seeing that he says hes rushed for time and school... Its not likely we will see a reply from him.

David

But you called me here...
Give a reason when you vote for someone. Turo did the same thing you did and everyone became suspicious of her. You better say why or else people will get suspicious of you to.

IGMEOY: Ninten*

It seems a big thing going right now is the controversy between Axle and Bayside. They keep going back and forth and both are giving good points and as of now none of them have convinced me enough to place a vote but

IGMEOY: Axle and Bayside

Turo is a guy...

And I understand why Ninten* voted for Kybyrian. He did act very foolish on the first day, which was very out of character... even if it is mafia. And what was up with the single post about the emoticon? It seemed like a lack of posting for Kybyrian (an advocate of long, detailed posts...) Suspicious...

I'm not going to place a vote yet until more discussion and info comes from Axle and Bay. I'm not entirely sure whether or not I should trust either of them. Bay has a unique thought process that I haven't seen before in mafia. Could be very useful, or very harmful depending on her agenda. Axle seems to have been accusing people and trying to get people to really think the way he does, which is understandable and completely fine. Its just the way he does it seems a little hurtful and attacking. His points are very logical and very convincing, but I've yet to decide if he's scum or not.

IGMEOY: Axle, Bay and Kybyrian

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
Well, I didn't know who exactly started to play this game, but if I did, I'd vote for someone else. I did some research around here, so here I go.

He's said some really useful things, but he could have just posted that getting others to put his guard down. HoM, that's the exact reason why I voted for him. What was up with that? KyBy was acting very unusual for himself. So that's pretty much what I have.

Sorry about the mis-understanding, I don't recall reading it in the rules and this is my first time playing Mafia.

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
I'm reading the thread over at the moment, but I have noticed that there are quite a few who aren't posting... This second day has slowed down way too much... I'm not happy about that. Some of you really need to get in here and post more...

Also there are a few posts that are unresolved involving me: Jo do you wish to follow this up?
This post addressing The Green.

I and http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/member.php?4153-illmaticIllmatic's conversation that was cut short by a lynch and night. Anything you feel unresolved?

And there is also this post (Illmatic's) and my response that I would like to address two points on: Just as Bay has said, Cucco had FOS on him, he was suspicious but when Hazel came in as replacement everything is dropped? I also brought this up with Green. Maybe they are waiting on how he posts, but... he is flying under the radar right now, as well if he is scum, he has an edge, an advantage now on us. The second point is this, Illmatic said that Cucco looked suspicious and that he understood why he was getting FOSed, (he did point out he thought he could be townie) Cucco wasn't much different then Linkbro, I must ask why so much of a difference in opinion?

Ah, I see I missed that part of the post. Do remember is his first post about him not being new to mafia, that wasn't clear, he himself said he wasn't new and didn't clarify in that post. Not all my fault I didn't see every word in his later posts right, but it is my mistake. But if you are really paying attention you see I clearly didn't know or see that part in his later by what I said.
[/QUOTE]

Bay... how can you read this and come to the conclusion that he played IRL mafia? Unless you have been talking to Link and getting your information else where...

Nice try accusing me of cheating.
Now... your point about the 90% to 50% only make sense if you ignore all the points I've been saying. As I said, I get that you don't agree with the the concept of a dangerous townie, you can't ignoring that point all together. It's like you are pretending I haven't said anything about it.
This would have been the first of such standard set.

If you feel that taking out Link is sooo bad, then why do you keep going on and on about that we should kill you when you've claimed to be townie? Contradiction much?

If you stopped saying I was patronizing you, and actually examined WHAT I was saying, Rather then passing it off as SPAM I think you would have a rather CLEAR indication of who I am. Now if you are mafia, then that's not good for me. If you are a town, it might give you some answers. I didn't feel inclined to be so BLUNT about it, but it seems like you aren't into in depth analysis, but rather only what can be seen on the surface. So now that I've given myself away... perhaps we can move forward. Either way I might as well be dead, because I've sealed my fate with this post. I think you are foolish for not making the connections yourself, I expected better of you and your brother, both.

Bay has a unique thought process that I haven't seen before in mafia. Could be very useful, or very harmful depending on her agenda. Axle seems to have been accusing people and trying to get people to really think the way he does, which is understandable and completely fine. Its just the way he does it seems a little hurtful and attacking. His points are very logical and very convincing, but I've yet to decide if he's scum or not.

I second this 100%. I'm not sure at all about Axle or BSR. Both of their playstyles are unique and I don't know what to make of it. Both of their arguments for voting for each other aren't that strong either. One thing I do know, is that I don't trust either of them. They're both good players, but it's not clear which side they are on.
As others have said, I don't like that Axle seems to have power over townies. Kybyrian and MK9 didn't bother giving an explanation for their BSR vote and pretty much just said "I agree with Axle".
We have to think on our own when deciding who to vote for, instead of just going along with the group.

There's one thing that proves BSR's innocence though, that we seem to have overlooked:

Let's look at how Zelda's Child (who was mafia) voted then unvoted for her:

I agree with Pocket Asian. Every time Jo offers herself up for killing I stop and think for a while. I personally think that her doing that is trying to turn us off voting for her. I've been suspecting her for mafioso for quite a while now, and I'm going to join PA in saying

Vote: Baysiderulez

Actually, I'm changing my mind.

Even though I'm very suspicious of Jo, I agree with everyone else on Linksbro321. The only way that we're going to get anything done in this game is a majority vote. And if majority so far is voting for Linksbro, then it shall be.

Unvote: Baysiderulez
VOTE: Linksbro321

She put in the last vote for linksbro to get him lynched, but even then she states that she's very suspicious of BSR, setting up a future vote for her.
Of course it's possible that it's mafia voting for mafia to cause confusion, but Zelda's Child originally voted for BSR right after Pocket Asian voted for her, and was trying to create a bandwagon of more votes for BSR. It seems the mafia is targeting Baysiderulez, so IMO she's innocent

I and Illmatic's conversation that was cut short by a lynch and night. Anything you feel unresolved?

And there is also this post (Illmatic's) and my response that I would like to address two points on: Just as Bay has said, Cucco had FOS on him, he was suspicious but when Hazel came in as replacement everything is dropped? I also brought this up with Green. Maybe they are waiting on how he posts, but... he is flying under the radar right now, as well if he is scum, he has an edge, an advantage now on us. The second point is this, Illmatic said that Cucco looked suspicious and that he understood why he was getting FOSed, (he did point out he thought he could be townie) Cucco wasn't much different then Linkbro, I must ask why so much of a difference in opinion?

@ Keyshe, Regarding Cucco Power / linksbro - The difference between CP and linksbro is that people voted for CP because they thought his behavior was scummy, but with linksbro they voted him because they thought he was being destructive. I didn't have a problem with people suspecting CP if they thought he might be mafia, I only had a problem with voting for "bad" townies. That's why I had a difference in opinion.

Hero of Music said:
And I understand why Ninten* voted for Kybyrian. He did act very foolish on the first day, which was very out of character... even if it is mafia. And what was up with the single post about the emoticon? It seemed like a lack of posting for Kybyrian (an advocate of long, detailed posts...) Suspicious...
Ninten* said:
He's said some really useful things, but he could have just posted that getting others to put his guard down. HoM, that's the exact reason why I voted for him. What was up with that? KyBy was acting very unusual for himself. So that's pretty much what I have.
lol, your thinking is flawed. Why just go for Kybyrian? Where's an FoS or a vote for me? Kybyrian's not the only one who made a post with an emoticon. I also made one simply to mock that post.
Here's Kybyrian's post:
Kybyrian said:
I believe you meant :kawaii:, MK9.
And here's my response:
Pocket Asian said:
Really now, does that do anything for us? :rolleyes:
(You can find Kybyrian's here and mine here.)
Really it makes no sense to mention that in your vote if you're not going to at least put an FoS on me for doing the very same. For that, FoS: Ninten*

Why are you protecting Kybyrian so much? Isn't that a job better left to Kybyrian, himself?

I mean, he played a real shady day one, and could easily be mafia. And yet you are protecting him. Atleast I protected obvious townies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom