• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Lord of the Rings Mafia - The Treason of Isengard

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
It happens all the time though. Just look at iDOLM@FIA, Legacy, and Mafia D:.

I still have mental scars from that game. It made me so stressed... XD

and look at me, killing the mood with my silly posts. I'm not really sure what to think of all this. I think this could be a bunch of town squabbling at each other but I'm not really sure... :3 I'm gonna have to reread this. Again.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I can already see who will fail to be an asset to the Town this game.
Blunt attack ignored

Maybe if you'd take just a minute to not overanalyze my posts, you'd see that I wasn't actually "desperately defending" Chris. I recognized what could be a claim at an investigatory power role, and making sure that we don't aimlessly eliminate it. Call it basic instinct, or whatever you want, but additionally remember what happened to Gobli in MLP Mafia. If Chris' role truly does pertain to investigation, like Cop, then it will be an exact repeat of the Gobli scenario, but with softclaiming instead of roleclaiming.

So please tell me how I'm defending anyone minus all the subtle implications.
Maybe if you would just take a minute and not overanalye my post, you'd see that I didn't find you as scummy as I find fused. I really don't see why you think he's softclaiming. It really just seems like he's trying to throw suspicion off himself in a newby way. I think he's either a VT that's trying to hard or scum. I mostly think the latter because you and Fused have been defending him a lot. You guys are using situations in other games to try to throw suspicion off him.

Also, you know Gobli's death was his fault. He roleclaimed and was being arrogant about it. I was scum in that game so I know why he was nightkilled. Also, that's another thing. Mafia nightkilled Gobli. He wasn't lynched.

Who said I was certain christewks is a town PR? I certainly didn't. I said that there is a chance christewks is a PR, meaning that this pointless lynch, which was all brought upon by a joke, could cost us an important role. Would you want that to happen? Depends on your alignment, I guess.
You were heavily implying it by how you kept comparing it to the M107 situation. You also kept defending him over a joke. If it was just a joke then people would take their votes off, which some are. If he was lynched and came up as a Town PR role then we would have something to go off the next day. I'm not saying it's a good thing. Losing a Town PR will make or break the game, but I doubt there are no scum on this wagon if he's town.

Yes, Heroine was town. I know and understand that. That doesn't mean that her actions were any less scummy. I've been accussed, rightfully, I may add, of scummy behaviour in games I was town. Does the person's alignment make the deed any less scummy? No, it's irrelevant. Just because in that situation the scummy act was done by a member of the town does not make the action any less of a scumtell.

Point taken.

I will not stop mentioning Legacy because this is the exact same situation. A lynch that started on the basis of a joke, and reached a conclusion based on the potential lynchee's annoying or arrogant behaviour. In Legacy, that person ended up being a big town PR. In this situation, christewks could obviously be anything. It's the same situation. The first time we messed up bad, and this time I wanted to prevent it from happening again. Should I apologize for trying to avoid losing a town PR, AGAIN? Well, again, depends on your alignment.

Point taken, but you seem too certain.

I had explained this, but I think Draco says it better:

FoS and IGMEOY are meaningless, especially on Day 1. There are tons of posts, and it's not likely ALIT (or whomever the suspect is) sees it. However, a vote appears in the vote count again and again and again.

Alright.

Because I'm trying my hardest to avoid losing a potential town PR I'm scum? Alright then. You also are suspicious of me because I find ALIT's post scummy.......... yet you then come up and say you're suspicious of him yourself. Seems a bit contradictory, don't ya think?

Potential

Also,I am not suspicious of him, but if Chris comes up town then ALIT should be looked into.

Also, I'm not suspicious of you because you find ALIT scummy. I am suspicious of you because you've defended against anything and everything said and done to Chris.

Also, could you explain your suspicion of christewks? Sure, he may be being a little arrogant and annoying, (okay, a lot) but there's no evidence at all that he's scum.
You and Thar have been defending him a lot. It's more of an indirect suspicion.

Also, if chris comes up scum, would I instantly be the person you would want to lynch?
Maybe, It depends on what happens.

christewks

King of the Zoras
I just realized I'm not voting for A Link in Time
vote: A Link in Time
To any one else thinks of voting for me realize that everything I have said so far is true. Keeseman if it's in your power to say so I'd appreciate it if you agknoledge that fact but realize that you'll have to read all my post carefully and this go's to everyone, because I'll try to trick you by only saying half truths. Ex: if someone I don't like asks me my name I'll say my name is Patrick which isn't untrue because it's is my name just not the one they wanted.(For those of you who didn't get that Patrick is my middle name.)
That is one way to prove I'm smarter than everyone else but I know that's not what you want so just know that I'm better than math than you. That doesn't mean I or anyone else who is good at math is better than someone who isn't, but it's te only way you'll be able to think about it. And pkforce I am smarter than several Asians.
Fused you're siding with me even though I am the "enemy" and everyone was against me. That's what I'd because I wouldn't announce myself to the world like I did before I'd protect a townie to make it seem like I was on their side seen as the townie would think a mafia member would never do that. That way you'd have a friend who'd back you up, but then again if you're a townie to and don't know who's who it would make perfect sense that you'd back me up because (For some reason I don't know) you think I am innocent.
(I did not prof read this because of length if there are any mistakes you'd like to point out to me you can suck eggs.)

Big Octo

=^)
Wow fused, you were right. You posted your suspicions and people jumped on you. Personally, I don't see your posting suspicions as scummy, but the quickness of others to jump on you is interesting to say the least,

Fused 4 clairvoyant 2013.

Kirino

Tatakae
I think some people need to get out of their head the idea that people must be scumbuddies just because someone is defending another person, and that defending someone is inherently scummy. Think about WIFOM and the other interpretations for a second before automatically jumping to that conclusion.

It was more of the fact that I got what you said, but I still am not going to back down from claims I made earlier. I find joining a Day 1 bandwagon scummy, and although you found data that disproves this theory, I am not going to change my thoughts. I understand your thoughts, and you understand mine. No need to continue rabbling at each other trying to prove our thoughts. ;)

You're way too stubborn.

Yes, Heroine was town. I know and understand that. That doesn't mean that her actions were any less scummy. I've been accussed, rightfully, I may add, of scummy behaviour in games I was town. Does the person's alignment make the deed any less scummy? No, it's irrelevant. Just because in that situation the scummy act was done by a member of the town does not make the action any less of a scumtell.

True, but constantly bringing up an example of one such situation doesn't really help your point in showing it's scummy.

Erebea for best mafia mod.

Dem twilight periods

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I think some people need to get out of their head the idea that people must be scumbuddies just because someone is defending another person, and that defending someone is inherently scummy. Think about WIFOM and the other interpretations for a second before automatically jumping to that conclusion.

I know that. Defending someone isn't necessarily scummy. When someone defends almost everything that has been said about another player though, it seems a bit scummy.

I understand where fused is coming from, but he's going way over the top with it.

Mido

Version 1

Indeed, it was pretty darn strenuous! (Despite the fact that I was scum that game. :lol:)

Blunt attack ignored

Maybe if you would just take a minute and not overanalye my post, you'd see that I didn't find you as scummy as I find fused. I really don't see why you think he's softclaiming. It really just seems like he's trying to throw suspicion off himself in a newby way. I think he's either a VT that's trying to hard or scum. I mostly think the latter because you and Fused have been defending him a lot. You guys are using situations in other games to try to throw suspicion off him.

I've been pondering this myself. I don't think Chris is scum, as I've stated before, but I think he's definitely being a bit vague. As for fused and Thareous's defense of him, it does seems likely that Chris could be hinting at a softclaim as Thareous pointed out before. All in all, it's really Chris's vague style, unless I'm misunderstood, Mr. Chris, that could be that "newby way" that you describe.

PancakeSamurai said:
You were heavily implying it by how you kept comparing it to the M107 situation. You also kept defending him over a joke. If it was just a joke then people would take their votes off, which some are. If he was lynched and came up as a Town PR role then we would have something to go off the next day. I'm not saying it's a good thing. Losing a Town PR will make or break the game, but I doubt there are no scum on this wagon if he's town.

I can't speak for the two, but it seems to me that through the last point you make, you seem to touch on what I think Thareous and fused are trying to prevent: an easy scum bandwagon.

On another note:

I swear, good sir! Your posts smell of something similar to a former Mason buddy o'mine! ;)

To any one else thinks of voting for me realize that everything I have said so far is true. Keeseman if it's in your power to say so I'd appreciate it if you agknoledge that fact but realize that you'll have to read all my post carefully and this go's to everyone, because I'll try to trick you by only saying half truths. Ex: if someone I don't like asks me my name I'll say my name is Patrick which isn't untrue because it's is my name just not the one they wanted.(For those of you who didn't get that Patrick is my middle name.)
That is one way to prove I'm smarter than everyone else but I know that's not what you want so just know that I'm better than math than you. That doesn't mean I or anyone else who is good at math is better than someone who isn't, but it's te only way you'll be able to think about it. And pkforce I am smarter than several Asians.
Fused you're siding with me even though I am the "enemy" and everyone was against me. That's what I'd because I wouldn't announce myself to the world like I did before I'd protect a townie to make it seem like I was on their side seen as the townie would think a mafia member would never do that. That way you'd have a friend who'd back you up, but then again if you're a townie to and don't know who's who it would make perfect sense that you'd back me up because (For some reason I don't know) you think I am innocent.
(I did not prof read this because of length if there are any mistakes you'd like to point out to me you can suck eggs.)

Ol' Mido's not about that "sucking eggs" kind of life, I'm afraid. :ezlo:

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth

That bolded portion is my exact premise.

Maybe, It depends on what happens.

Logically this is the correct answer. :P

Wow fused, you were right. You posted your suspicions and people jumped on you. Personally, I don't see your posting suspicions as scummy, but the quickness of others to jump on you is interesting to say the least,

Fused 4 clairvoyant 2013.

Happens in every game I play. XD

You're way too stubborn.

You're too kind.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
I'd just like to say that I don't support this Chris lynch. I wish I had a thumbsdown.

...wait...

thumbs_down_gladiator.gif

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Care to elaborate? Hate to tell you, but voting without reason is a scum tactic.
That's nice. Did you realize that that's kind of what this game is about? Mafia is a game of lies and deception. Of course, it's only really the scum that need to lie or even say half truths.

Oh, and, it is not in the power of the mod to reveal a role or confirm anything people post. There are exceptions, but I don't think this is one of them.
ENOUGH WITH YOUR CLAIMING TO BE SMARTER THAN EVERYBODY ELSE!

Also, I would like a full explanation as to how exactly you are 100% sure that you are smarter than all of us. If you can't give us one, then I will not be inclined to believe your claim.

Also, I am personally offended by it, seeing as how I am one of the top math students at my school.

And about that last bit... Ya, so am I. Not every Asian is incredibly smart. That's just a stupid stereotype, and is absolutely not a valid way to prove your superior intelligence.
Ummm. Could you rephrase that please? I can barely understand anything you're trying to say.

Oh, wait...
That explains it.

Proofreading is good. Just sayin. :)

Since your best defense seems to be "I'm smarter than you", my vote stands.

pkfroce

Skelepuns
Also, could you explain your suspicion of christewks? Sure, he may be being a little arrogant and annoying, (okay, a lot) but there's no evidence at all that he's scum.

This is exactly what Heroine did in Legacy. I highly doubt chris is mafia, but after this post I highly believe ALIT is.

I don't think many people are being serious about their vote on christewks. It did start getting out of hand though, and it could have easily turned into an accidental lynch. Mislynches happen all the time though. Why are you so certain that christewks is a town PR though? He could be scum for all we know. Some people actually have suspicions of him and you are the only one defending him. He's not giving us any solid defenses for himself.

Boom. I rest my case against fused.

Hm
Unvote
Vote Pk force
He seems a little bit squirmy

Meh. Understandable.

Just wanted to get that out before the end of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom