• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Looking for a Consensus: Favorite Dungeon?

Toboe

Melody Malone
I think that the dungeon with the dragon tail thing was to easy. I like The forsaken was it or farbiden fortress, I haven't played the game in a while, the last dungeon and that's it:)

zachev2kool

Hero of Winds
Yeah, the Forsaken Fortress. I was surprised to see a heart container at the end of the bird battle, it didn't seem like an official enough dungeon for one, but hey why am I complaining? More life!

N

NosirrahK

Why I love/hate each dungeon:

*- Forsaken Fortress (first time) -- Love it. I love the anxiety of trying to not get caught, the sitting at the edge of your seat, the countless minutes planning each move, and the throwing you controller into the air when you get startled by getting caught. It's not a linear dungeon, meaning you can go basically anywhere as your second room.
*- Dragon Roost -- Fun, definitely up there, but not the best. Too linear. Boss was a bit annoying sometimes.
*- Forbidden Woods -- For some reason, me and forest themed dungeons don't mix. The dungeon was a bit less linear than Dragon Roost (if I can remember), but I still didn't like it. Boss was an annoying [censored] if you were out of sync with it's attacks.
*- Tower of the Gods -- Not a linear dungeon. Lot's of puzzles, but hated the scales the most. One of my favourites. Boss was okay.
*- Foresaken Fortress (second time) -- Hated the tennis game with Phantom Ganon. Was (in general) less fun than the first time. The second half of the boss fight was fun though.
*- Earth Temple -- Floormasters, blue bubbles, blue keese, blue fog, anything blue was annoying about the dungeon. Boss was fun, but long and tedious if you didn't have the Hurricane Spin.
*- Wind Temple -- Floormasters were annoying, and controlling Makar was annoying. However, all was forgiven with my favourite boss fight and one of the best soundtrack songs in the entire game.
*- Ganon's Tower -- All the bosses again, especially in greyscale, were annoying. The million Phantom Ganons were annoying. The first phase of Puppet Ganon was fun. The second phase of Puppet Ganon was a bit less fun. The final phase of Puppet Ganon was annoying. The final battle with Ganondorf defined the game and was one of the best battles in Wind Waker.

My favourite goes out the Forsaken Fortress (first time) but I thought if anyone cared for my opinion I'd say why I love/hate the others anyway.

The temples were WW's only downside. Forsaken Fortress and the Wind Temple were the two that stood out, but other than that, there's nothing noteworthy in terms of dungeons in Wind Waker, which is disappointing.

tecknokid900

All Hail Yhtomit!
for me I really enjoy Dragon roost Island! it showed me a very useful item, The Grappling hook!plus It was one of the first Levels of the game so it was kinda teaching you how to control link, and what he could do.

zachev2kool

Hero of Winds
@NosirrahK: I just did the Forbidden Woods not too long ago and it was more or less linear. You returned to the same rooms multiple times, but the only problem was you were on a different level, so if you had to quit and return later, it was still difficult to get back to the place you were before. Great elaboration on the temples! When I get some time I might do the same.

So far from what I've seen the Earth Temple gets the most votes.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Earth temple. It's the thing I asociate with the Wind Waker the most, even more than the sailing.

00steven

Yeah, that's right!
Dragon Roost Cavern or Ganon's Tower. I like how in Ganon's Tower all the bosses in the game are used.

zachev2kool

Hero of Winds
Alright, so here are my opinions on each of the dungeons:

Forsaken Fortress (initial): I thought this was a great temple to start the game on, it allowed the player to learn and get used to all of Link's functions such as pushing blocks, swinging on ropes, etc. while also fighting some fun enemies and sneaking around. I loved the feel of this dungeon because I felt like a secret agent, avoiding being sighted by the spotlights and Moblins, making my way to the top of the fortress.

Dragon Roost Cavern: This temple was unique because it is one of the very few temples in the Zelda series that combine the outside and inside of the dungeon. Scaling the walls outside and seeing how far up the volcano I have made it were fun, as well as using the grappling hook a bunch. The boss was pretty epic too, swinging back and forth across the room and making the ceiling fall.

Forbidden Woods: This temple was a bit of a nuisance to me although a pretty easy dungeon. It was sort of cool working my way up the levels of the different rooms, but if you fell off it took awhile to get back up. Also, the boss was a little annoying too if you didn't time your attacks just right.

Tower of the Gods: I actually really enjoyed this dungeon a lot. The two-part system that they used was very unique to me, first solving the water levels section of the dungeon and then working up to command the statues. The boss fight was fun as well, although the background theme reminded me of embellished elevator music.

Forsaken Fortress (revisit): Returning to Forsaken Fortress, this time with a sword, made the experience that much better. The overly-used tennis game with Phantom Ganon at the beginning was a little stale but not too terrible. Then climbing to the top to face the bird was also a great addition, finally leading up to Link's first encounter with the dark lord Ganondorf.

Earth Temple: Two things I really loved about this temple: the stairs and the mirrors. I don't know what it was about all the windy staircases that got me so excited, but it was one of the main things of the Earth Temple that stay with me. I also looked forward to the mirror room at the end of the dungeon right before the boss room; that in my opinion was probably the most fun puzzle of the temple. The boss was a little tedious but still a great way to end the creepy dungeon.

Wind Temple: You don't even want to get me started here. I love everything about this temple. The music, the battles, the puzzles, and just the overall theme made me so happy to be in this dungeon. The main thing that probably stuck out for all people who have played Wind Waker was the giant central fan room. That's something extremely unique in a Zelda temple and is what made the dungeon prominent for me. And, I can't forget, all of this leading up to one of my most favorite boss battles in Zelda history with yet more epic background music. All-in-all my favorite dungeon in the game.

Ganon's Tower: I always look for a very intense and worthwhile ending to a video game, and Wind Waker did not disappoint. I thought bringing back mini versions of all of the previous temples and bosses similar to Ocarina of Time was a nice touch before getting our hands dirty in the actual tower. The Illusionary Room music added just the right amount of creepiness to make the Phantom Ganon battle worthwhile. Then climbing the enormous staircase was great anticipation for what I believe to be one of the most ingenius bosses in Zelda history, Puppet Ganon. Finally when that's all done, climbing the rope to the top of the tower created even more suspense for what many people say is the best and most intense Ganon battle yet. I loved the water pouring around the tower while I fought Ganon, it added a sense of uneasiness knowing that Hyrule was drowning during the battle.

And that's my review for one of my most favorite video games ever, hope anyone who reads it has some feedback, it took awhile to write!

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
What is it about that temple that's so prominent to you?

Oh boy, well first, it had that sort of main room with the face that you had to light up, I realy enjoyed that room because I would gradualy solve bits of it, and it gave me a satisfied fell. Second it had redeads, wich I love o_0. And third it had all those mirrors. I for one loved that room that had around 6 different mirrors.

zachev2kool

Hero of Winds
Ah yeah I never thought about the face statue room. Now that I think of it you do sort of solve it piece by piece as you work your way through the temple.

Definitely Ganon's Tower. I loved the fact that Nintendo made it to where the player had to utilize his/her items to get through rooms that somewhat resembled the previous dungeons. Not only that but you had to battle most of the bosses a second time. This dungeon was the most difficult in the game, which is also why it appeals to me. Top it off with the awesome fight with Ganondorf and you have an amazing dungeon.

zachev2kool

Hero of Winds
Well it seems the Earth Temple is winning.

020.jpg

romani64

PASTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
the tower of the gods and the wind temple.

i love the wind temple more because
1.i Love the boss and its music
2.i love the design
3.it lets you use items you have probably forgotten about (though i dident)
4.the duet with makar is amazing
5. that temple makes you RICH if you keep visiting it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom