• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Longest Game You've Ever Played?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Longest game as in game you logged the most hours in? Or game that took you the longest to beat the final boss for a first playthrough?

In either case, the honor goes to Final Fantasy XII. I don't remember just how long my very first playthrough was, but I'm pretty sure it was around the 60 hour mark. Loved every bit of that game.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Most hours I've put into a game would probably be Pokémon SoulSilver. I ran up around 500 hours on that in total.

I terms of pure game length... I think I'm gonna say Morrowind. There's just so much to see and do in that game that even after 5 years of heavy play, I was still finding new things. These days, the only thing left for me to do is discover the recipe for Skooma, but I'm pretty sure you can't or it'd be online somewhere. Still, one can dream.

Pure game length? Deus Ex.

Most hours of game play? Thats a hard one. I know that Modern Warfare 2, OoT, Brawl, Star Wars Battlefront 2 and Halo: Combat Evolved are up there for sure.

Most games take me ages to complete...

In terms of how long i've played on some games i got 200hours on Pokemon Gold and i've got about 80hours on Twilight Princess, i finished the game quickly but i keep playing on it just to roam around and for some reason i save the wasted time....

I remember FF8 taking me an unholy time to complete but i suck at rpg's and never knew what i was doing its a wonder i finished it at all.

Xenoblade... just.....Xeboblade.

Before that game the longest it took me to finish the main story was 56 hours for Tales of the Abyss. However, Xenoblade took 102 hours.... 102 HOURRRRSSSSSS!!111!! Granted, that's a good thing because I enjoyed every moment.

Chilfo Freeze

Emma Jean Stone
Game length? Skyrim. Especially with the infinite number of sidequests... but even if you didn't count those sidequests, it's still unbelievably long.

Personally how many hours of gameplay? Meh... Skyrim, Majora's Mask for sure. Those are very high on my list, if not at the top.

Last edited:

octorok74

TETTAC
Story wise, Halo 2. Longest campaign I've ever played and I hope for more games to copy that. Gameplay wise, Fallout 3. It is such a fun game and there is so much to do. And the sidequests have multiple goals depending on whether you want to be a good character or not.

The longest game up until I beat the final boss was Skyrim.

The game that I put the most hours in was my old Pokemon FireRed. My friend and I would battle and trade with each other every day on the school bus... Good times.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Easily almost any Pokémon game, specifically anything that's been recently released. For me, Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Soul Silver have several hundred hours clocked ranging from 200-400 hours. Second longest game, not sure if this would count, but Animal Crossing: Wild World is an extremely long game. This is probably due to the fact, oh yeah, you can't beat it (necessarily, it'd take forever to collect everything)...... I've spent about 200-300 hours playing this game and I STILL haven't "beat it". If I had to pick a Zelda game that I've played I'd choose either Skyward Sword or Twilight Princess. Both of which had a pretty decent amount of length, and I spent about a good 100 hours on each.

tysonrss

Keyblade Master
I wanna say Dissidia or BBS, or Lost Oddessy(RPG) for 360 though I never finished because I traded my 360 to someone. It was a 4 disc game and I think I was on the 3rd disc(or fourth) at 40 hours. Dissidia was over 50 but that includes free play mode or whatever. Same with BBS so it's a close call. I don't think I have ever clocked over 60 hours in any one game.

EDIT: Maybe I hit the record for Skyward Sword though I don't remember how many hours I put into it lmao

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
Just from how many hours I put into a game, easily Pokemon Diamond. 550 hours and counting. But then Pokemon games never really do end, do they?

As to games that actually HAVE an ending...... Toss-up between Skyward Sword and Final Fantasy 6, both around the 55-hour mark first time through.

tysonrss

Keyblade Master
How someone can do what you just said seems impossible. You must to really have to be bored, especially to put in 550 hours into a Pokemon game. I think the highest I have gone on those are 50.

Kirino

Tatakae
How someone can do what you just said seems impossible. You must to really have to be bored, especially to put in 550 hours into a Pokemon game. I think the highest I have gone on those are 50.

Why? Pokemon games are really fun, and there's tons of stuff do to. Given the amount of Pokemon there is, and ways to customize and level up your team, the replay value is extremely high. Most of the people I know who play Pokemon play for at least 100 hours. Also, some people get really dedicated to certain games and spend a long time on them. I've spent hundreds of hours on some Pokemon games.

Anyways, the game i've spent the most hours on has to be Twilight Princess. Got over 300 hours on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom