• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Locked In: A ZD Fan Fiction

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
i did actually used to play yugioh a lot

Pen

The game is on!
I thought this was the funniest chapter yet, and I haven't even watched Monty Python and the Holy Grail! XD I really ought to though. :) I had to stop myself from laughing out too loudly because my roommate is still asleep in the other room.

<3

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I've finally caught up after 10 million years and yay :) I love this so far, very funny. Can't wait for more (and hopefully my dramatic entrance). Loved the Franz Ferdinand music choice earlier btw

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
Just letting everyone know that I'll be taking a short break from writing "Locked In" for about a week or two. The ending will be coming soon so stay in your seats!!!

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
Chapter 12 ~ Cyborg Vs. Guru

~Scene 1~

Across the vast Huklebery desert lies a small building made of steel. No one in the Huklebery kingdom would ever dare to venture to this steel structure unless it was of dire importance. Only one man-or, as everyone knew him as, half man half machine-inhabited this abandoned-looking place.
Inside this mini steel palace were walls covered with buttons and dials and computer screens. In the very back of the room, there was a large spinning chair facing the biggest computer monitor of them all. You could hear the faint clicking sound of someone typing away on a computer keyboard.
“Yes! I’ve successfully entered into the secret Huklebery network!!!” the half man half machine exclaimed, sitting back in his chair with an evil cackle. “Now, I can destroy this monster before anyone else can get their hands on it!!!”
The half man half machined typed his username into the Huklebery system. But of course, this username was merely a pseudonym. He carefully pecked the letters of his username into the computer.
“T...E...R...M...I...N...U...S.”

~Scene 2~

“I sense a disturbance in the force,”
On the highest point of Huklebery mountain, there was a floating man wearing a toga and sipping some coffee with 20 packs of ketchup in it. He had long, wavy hair that blew in the strong wind and a beard so thick that there was probably a whole village of mice living in it.
“I feel it in my bones. Yes...there is something coming, something horrible that could destroy this entire kingdom and all it’s people!!!” the floating man said to himself.
“I know what I must do,” he continued. “I must save these individuals at that very last moment!”
The man flew off through the thick clouds; his spotless white toga flopping around in the wind. There was a name printed on the back of it in sparkly, gold letters:
“Dan.”

~Scene 3~

“Today is the day the battle shall commence,” the King of Huklebery said to everyone gathered in the royal throne room.
“As always, I will put everyone in groups. I may separate some of you, so don’t come crying to me if you don’t get in a group with your friends.” the King announced.
“LOL, what is this, kindergarten?” Rep laughed with Mezlo.
“The first group will be the first ones to attack...They will be known as the ‘Mod Squad’.” King said. “That group will be me, Seth, and Batman.”
“Hey, what about me?” Rep asked, confused.
“Rep, since you’re the royal guard, I’m putting you in charge of our main warriors, the CCC. Those individuals will be Mezlo, Ari, Pendio, Pancake, Annie, and Little Gumball.”
“Ugh, why does he have to be in charge of us??? Why can’t Mezlo do it?” I asked.
“Don’t ask any questions. We don’t have that much time left.” King sighed.
“Heh, I’m the boss.” Rep said, walking over towards us and putting his hands on his hips.
“The rest of you will be back-up, but even if you are, do NOT let your guard down no matter what happens. Understood?” King said.
Everyone nodded and took a bow.
“Meeting dismissed! Snow Queen...can I see you for a minute?” King asked, motioning Snow to come closer to him.
“Yes, what is it, sir?” Snow responded.
“This is going to be risky, but it might be the only way to defeat this monster,” King began. “And I need your help.”
“What are we going to do?” Snow asked, anxiously.
“We are going to kill you.”

~Scene 4~

The sky grew darker and darker and a black cloud creeped closer and closer to the land of Huklebery.
“Everyone, prepare yourself, this is it!!!” Seth yelled, holding the Lens of Truth up to the gloomy sky.
Suddenly, Seth froze and seemed to become entranced by something he saw through the Lens of Truth.
“Hey, man, let me take a look,” Batman said, stepping behind Seth to look through the purple lenses.
“...What the ****?” Batman said, as Seth abruptly fell to the ground. “Seth!!!”
Batman crouched down to see what was wrong with Seth.
“Everyone, just stand your ground!” King shouted.
Everyone got their weapons ready. Mezlo adjusted his quiver on his back and made sure his bow was put together correctly. Little Gumball began to shift into a giant Charizard. Pancake pulled out his giant samurai sword standing in front of his wife, Annie, who was holding a dagger and a large shield.
“You think you’ll be okay using so much healing magic, sweetheart?” Pancake asked her. Annie gave him a serious look.
“I’ll be fine,” she replied, staring up at the broken, dismal sky.
Pendio transformed his guitar into a giant death scythe, as I pulled out both of my handguns.
“I’ll protect you.” he told me.
“Thank you,” I replied, giving him a little kiss on the cheek. “Don’t die for me, though.”
“I won’t. I promise.”
King picked up the Lens of Truth that Seth had dropped. Batman was still unaware of what happened to him.
“Annie! I think Seth needs your help!” Batman yelled to her. She came over and bent over Seth, putting her hands over his eyes. A bright, white light began to glow all around his face, and before they knew it, Seth was awake again.
“...What happened?” Seth asked, rubbing his watery eyes.
“Here it comes!” King yelled to everyone, observing the monster through the Lens of Truth. “I hope Snow Queen can do this...”

~Scene 3.5~

“Will I ever get to come back?” Snow asked as she laid on the cold, metal table.
“I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but...no.” King replied.
“What does this machine do?” Snow said, looking up from the table towards a complicated medical machine.
“This machine will automatically remove your soul from your body,” King explained. “Once we do that, your chances of returning to your body are 0.1%.”
Snow shivered a bit.
“For the first time, I feel cold.” she sighed.
King frowned and looked at his feet.
“You’re our only hope. Once you became a lone soul, you can fight this chaotic being in it’s true form. It won’t be invisible to you, but it will be to the rest of us who still linger in our bodies.”
“Okay, I understand.”
“I know you’ve wanted to leave this world for a long time,” King replied. “And now I have a way to give that to you. After this...you can leave here forever. In peace.” A tear fell from the King’s face.
“Thank you. I’m ready.” Snow responded, as King turned on the machine. Snow’s body slipped inside the giant machine, and was never seen again.

~Scene 5~

“It’s here! Everyone get ready! This may be it!” King shouted as he stood in front of his army.
“Activating...Battle sequence.” a robotic voice said out of nowhere.
“Wait, what?” King said.
“Ah ****, not more of this robot crap, we’ve already been through 3 chapters of that,” Rep complained.
A giant man ran onto the scene, wearing goggles and holding up his robotic arm. He unleashed a canon from his arm, and shot at something that nobody could see.
King watched from the Lens of Truth.
“...He hit it?”
Suddenly, a man wearing a toga fell from the sky. He pulled himself back up, and floated up towards the robot man’s face.
“What do you think you’re doing, son? I came to rescue these peasants from this monster that only I, the mighty and powerful Dan, can see!” the toga/guru man exclaimed.
“What are you talking about? I can see this beast as well!” the cyborg replied. “Using this goggles, I, Terminus, can see all!”
“Yeah, as long as you’re able to hack into the stupid database,” Dan commented with a snarky smirk.
“Well, at least I have skills to do all that, unlike you who just sits around all day and sips gross coffee and ponders about things that don’t even matter.” Terminus responded.
“I ponder the questions of life! Those are the only things that matter, you truckin’ piece of peanut poop on the side of Mars.”
“What did you just call me, JESUS THE CHRIST???” Terminus yelled.
“I am not Jesus! I am the great guru Dan! I know all! I am much better than that Jesus fellow.”
“You sure do look like him, then,” Terminus remarked.
“You know what?” Dan yelled, pulling out a pocket knife and cutting all his hair off. “NOW I DON’T LOOK THAT SON OF A *****!!! YOU HAPPY NOW, YOU FAKE, ROBOTIC, METAL TIN CAN???”
“Excuse me?” Terminus replied, removing his robotic canon arm, cringing a little. “What are you talking about?” He tossed his arm over Huklebery mountain. Somehow, it ended up landing all the way in Hyrule Castle Town. It landed on the Temple of Time, right before Link entered upon request by Princess Zelda.
“Well,” Link began. “Looks like I’ll never be that hero of time like everyone’s been talking about.”
Dan and Terminus stared each other down. Everyone watched this epic showdown about to commence. A tumble weed rolled past.
“Watch out!!!” King yelled, observing the invisible beast through the Lens of Truth. It grabbed both Terminus and Dan and roared loudly and clearly.
“Did you hear that?” Mezlo asked me.
“Yeah...it’s here.” I gulped.
“I totally regret ripping my arm off, now I don’t have a weapon!” Terminus cried, as the monster swung him around.
“And I can’t think without my luscious head of hair! Now I’ll never find a way to get out of this situation!” Dan replied.
“Can’t you just teleport, though?” Terminus said.
“Oh, right.”
And like that, Dan had disappeared back to the mountain. He began to float in his guru position again, overlooking the Huklebery kingdom as the battle still raged on down below.
“Home again,” Dan sighed, peacefully, returning to his usual meditation state.
“Terminus, grab on to this!” Batman yelled, throwing his lasso to Terminus. With the help of Batman’s strength, Terminus was able to climb out of the monster’s clutches.
“Thanks, man,” he said to Batman. He gave him a thumbs up, putting his lasso back.
“Here,” I said, throwing one of my handguns to Terminus. “You’re probably gonna need that.”
Terminus nodded and put his goggles back on.
“Stand back, everyone, I got this.” he said.
King understood, and let Terminus fight the wrecthed beast. Through Terminus’ goggles, the beast was very large with long fangs and sharp claws. It looked as if it had been taking steroids for the past 10 years.
Suddenly, the beast was knocked away by and unseen force. The ground shook and everyone took cover because it felt like an earthquake. Terminus and King watched the monster fall to the ground. It appeared to be dead.
“Was that who I think it was?” Terminus asked King.
“It was her.”

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
Chapter 13 ~ The Last One

~Scene 1~

The invisible beast had been defeated by an unseen force to all in Huklebery, except for the King himself, for he had the sacred Lens of Truth. After the monster had been vanquished, everyone made their way back to the castle to discuss the future of the Huklebery Kingdom. And after that, everyone went home after a long, boring afternoon of fighting...well...they weren’t really fighting. They were just kinda standing there watching Terminus and Dan argue.
“Rough day, huh?” I said to Pendio as we walked to Snow Queen’s castle to have dinner.
“Yeah, at least that monster problem’s been taken care of though,” Pendio replied. “What did you want to eat for dinner?”
“I don’t know. Snow’s making it, so I guess it’s up to her.” I responded as we headed up the mountain.
I paused for a second to observe my surroundings.
“Something’s missing...” I said.
“Hm?” Pendio replied, taking a look around as well. “There seems to be a lack of snow.”
“That’s odd...” I said, now running to Snow Queen’s castle. I pushed the door open with full force and scanned the not so icy parlor.
“Snow!” I shouted, my voice echoing through the inside of the castle.
Pendio felt the walls and the furniture in the parlor.
“It’s not cold,” he said to himself.
“Snow! Are you here?” I yelled, running up the stairs to her bedroom. I opened her door and she wasn’t there. Her bed looked normal, as ice wasn’t covering it anymore.
“I’ve got a really bad feeling about this,” I said to Pendio coming back down the stairs.
“Me too. Do you think we should report to the King about this and file a missing person report?” Pendio asked.
“I think that,” I began, when suddenly the entire castle began to shake. The bookshelf by the couch crashed onto the floor and books went flying all over. Snow’s precious Waluigi statue fell over and shattered into a million tiny pieces. The ceiling started to cave in.
“****!” I yelled. Pendio quickly grabbed my hand and we ran out of the castle. When we got outside, we noticed that the entire kingdom was shaking.
“Is this an earthquake?” Pendio said with a worried expression.
“Ari! Pendio! There you are!” Mezlo suddenly shouted as he ran towards us with Pancake and Annie behind him.
“What’s happening?” I asked.
“The beast has risen!” Mezlo exclaimed, pointing to something across the mountain. There it stood, in all it’s glory. The beast had been revived somehow, and now was visible to the naked eye. It was horrifying. It looked a lot like Ganon in beast form, but it was much worse. It also had giant, flapping wings on it’s back, covered with little poison darts. It roared loudly, when suddenly it spotted us staring at it, in all it’s evilness. It roared again and swooped up into the dark sky and flew towards us.
“Quick! Get your weapons ready!” Mezlo exclaimed, pulling out his bow and shooting a fire arrow at the flying beast. The arrow missed him by a few inches. Mezlo shot another one and hit one of his giant hands. The beast flew by Lake Huklebery and put out the fire by dipping his hand into the vast body of water. The monster then landed on top of Snow Queen’s castle, crushing it into oblivion. Pancake ran at full speed and swung his giant katana at the freakish beast. The beast roared and clawed at Pancake; so roughly that he fell and his sword went flying into the forest. Annie ran after it, and threw it back to Pancake.
Meanwhile, Pendio transformed his trusty guitar into a death scythe, and disappeared. Pendio reappeared behind the creature and used his scythe to cut through the beast’s poisonous wings. The beast screeched in agony as Pendio sliced through it’s now useless wings. Blood and poison gushed everywhere, and as Pendio made the finally blow to it’s left wing, Pancake jumped in the air, putting his katana right through the beast’s brain.
“Hahahahahaha! Ugly *****,” Pancake laughed as he jumped off the beast’s head. It was still roaring in agony. It laid down to try and recover. Suddenly, Pendio appeared in front of it, and licked the poison off of his scythe. He then spit it out right in the monster’s eyes. The beast became really angry now, and tried to get the poison out of it’s eyes by rubbing them, but that did no good because of his sharp claws. He began to cry tears of red.
Pendio and Pancake stood back as Annie and I approached the dying beast for one final attack. Annie used her magic to lift the beast, turning it over on it’s back. I jumped on it’s belly and aimed my two handguns in the direction of it’s heart.
“I hate blood,” I commented, before shooting the beast four times in the heart. Blood flew everywhere, including all over my face and all over my clothes. It was dead. Finally dead.
“Let’s make sure that it’s gone for good,” Annie said, using her magic again to lift the beast up. She tossed it far across the Huklebery Mountain, so far, that no one knew where it landed. Dan watched from the mountain top, dodging the oncoming monster as it was swung past.
“Oh my, that was one hell of a blood bath! I’m glad I wasn’t involved, or I would’ve darned soiled myself!” Dan sighed with relief.

~Scene 2~

“Brave warriors of the Huklebery Kingdom,” the King of Huklebery began. “I am very thankful for you all. You have saved this kingdom that we call ours, and now we can all finally live together in peace and harmony.”
Everyone in the royal courtyard clapped and cheered as King finished up his congratulations speech.
“I would like to give out the awards to everyone who faced their fears and fought despite the hardships they encountered,” King said.
“Ari...I would like to grant you this award. This award goes out to someone who, despite how different they are or where they come from, they still managed to help everyone work together and never give up. Thank you for your efforts, brave Ari.”
I walked up to King and shook his hand, taking my award.
“Thank you,” I said, quietly, walking back to my seat next to Pendio, as he held his award for ‘Most Musical’.
“I would also like everyone to close their eyes and fondly remember the late Snow Queen, who sadly, could not join us in this victory.” King said, looking up to the sky with a smile. He mouthed the words ‘Thank you’ and closed his eyes.

~Scene 3~

“So you’re really leaving?” Mezlo asked me as we stood before the remains of Snow Queen’s castle.
“Yup. I gotta get back to Termina. The carnival’s starting soon.” I replied.
“You will be missed!” Little Gumball explained, giving me a hug. She got gum all over my coat.
“Hey, look what you did!” I shouted. Everyone stared at one another, and then burst out into laughter.
“You be safe, now, understand?” Pancake said, putting his knuckle out for a fist pump.
“Of course, man. See ya around. And be good to Annie for me. She deserves it.” I replied.
“I know.” Pancake responded, turning his back and going home.
“Oh, and Ari?” a voice said suddenly. Running towards me was Rep, wiping sweat away from his brow as he caught up to us.
“Thanks for helping us.” Rep said, with a smile. I smiled back, and headed off through the mysterious forest that brought me to the land of Huklebery.
“Bye, bye, Ari!” Squirrel said, popping out from behind a tree. I waved to him when I noticed Leaf Leaf standing there as well. I waved to the both of them, and went on my way. Suddenly, I was interrupted by a red Koopa shell.
“Need a ride back on my shell? Lemmy asked.
“I’m fine. See ya later!” I said, as Lemmy dashed back home to the village.
As I found my way back in Hyrule, I noticed two people dancing next to Lake Hylia in the distance.
“Oh, you are more handsome than the King of Huklebery! Or in your case, the King of Hyrule!” the woman exclaimed, throwing her hands around a boy wearing green clothing.
“Heh, why thank you, my lovely Lexy.” the boy replied,
“Eep!” Lexy squealed, giving the boy kisses all over. “I love you so much, Link.”
“I love you, too.” he replied, kissing both of her cheeks and her lips.
I walked on past, and sighed to myself.
“I really didn’t want to leave him, but...I had to get back.” I said to myself, when suddenly there was a hand placed on my shoulder.
“I can come with you.”
I turned around, and there he was. The man I had fallen in love with when I stumbled into that land. I never expected to find love there, but I found him. I gazed upon his wonderfully smooth dark hair and relaxed face that filled me with a warmth and peacefulness that I had never felt in my life before. His lips were the perfect shape and texture, so kissable that my lips were almost magnetically attracted to them. He had his guitar strapped across his back, and a small bag attached to the side of his black pants.
“Come on, then.” I said.
Pendio and I took each other’s hands and jumped into the hole to Termina, saying our last goodbyes to the magical land of Huklebery.
“What do you want to do when the Carnival’s over?” Pendio asked.
I giggled and replied with a smile, “Everything.”

~Epilogue~

“So tell me,” a boy around the age of 16 began. “What happened to you and Pendio after that?”
“It was...horrible!” I cried.
“Please, tell me so we can wrap up this story,” the boy said to me as I was lying on the couch. “We need to post this on zeldadungeon.net as quick as possible.”
“Okay,” I started, gathering my thoughts. “It was a very nice day, the most beautiful day I had ever seen in Termina.”
I paused for a moment, trying not to burst into tears.
“Yes? Continue, please,” the boy said to me, typing my final words into the laptop on his desk.
“A weird, green alien creature fell from a balloon and tried to sell us a bunch of these maps!!! IT WAS THE CREEPIEST THING I’VE EVER SEEN!!! I’M SCARED FOR LIFE!!!!” I shrieked, putting my hands over my face, kicking my feet in the air.
“Seems to me like you need a therapist,” the boy said. “Do you by any chance know what this ‘alien’ was called?”
“It’s name?” I replied, a bit calmer. “It’s name...is Tingle.”
I kicked my feet again and almost fell off the couch in terror at the thought of seeing that weird ass thing again.
“Where’s Pendio?” the boy asked.
“Oh, he’s fine, he’s at home playing a mafia game with his buddies,” I answered. “What’s your name again?”
“Azure Sage, but you can call me Az,” he replied, clicking the ‘Save’ button on the computer. “Done. Now I just have to post this beauty.”
“Wait...hold on a second. You wrote down everything I just told you? W. Dong? Rep’s 4th wall breaking? The pancake feast? Pendario? Even that weirdo Dan?”
“Yup,” Az said with a satisfied smile on his face. “And I’m gonna post it on zeldadungeon.net in the Writing section. Everyone’s gonna love this story.”
I sighed and sat up silently for a few seconds. “You’re right, dude. Post dat ****.”
Az went to zeldadungeon.net and posted the epic tale in the Writing section, just as he told me.
“It’s a masterpiece,” Az said, cracking his knuckles. “Now, back to therapy. Tell me, was there something traumatizing in your past that happened to you that is the reason why you fear this Tingler?”
“It’s Tingle,” I sighed.
Az notated that on his little notepad on his desk. “Alrighty then."

Pen

The game is on!
*stands up clapping my hands with excitement

What an ending! It had everything it could have possibly needed: action, comedy, romance and drama! :) I thought you did an great job at rounding the whole story up in this last chapter. It's a little sad to see it all end, but at the same time, it needed to end sooner or later, so why not end while you're at the top, right? ;)

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
*stands up clapping my hands with excitement

What an ending! It had everything it could have possibly needed: action, comedy, romance and drama! :) I thought you did an great job at rounding the whole story up in this last chapter. It's a little sad to see it all end, but at the same time, it needed to end sooner or later, so why not end while you're at the top, right? ;)

Thank you! :) It really means a lot coming from you. ^^

I'm thinking about continuing BANNED, So keep an eye out for that!

Your consistent feedback has inspired me to keep writing.

<3

Reactions: Pen

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
I actually felt a pit in my chest reading about Snow ;-; This was a lot of fun to read!

I don't really know what my role was, though xD and im 19 btw :P

Thanks man! I could have sworn you were slightly younger, but I was...kinda close. XD

Hehe, I wanted to include you in the story somehow, so I came up with the idea to make you my therapists lol. Also I thought being the writer you are, you could be the one who actually "writes" the story. XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom