• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Locked In: A ZD Fan Fiction

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
Locked In: A ZD Fan Fiction

Chapter 1 ~ Sloth Party

Through the blizzard and the trees, I saw the outline of a castle in the distance. Desperate for a place to warm up, I continued toward the shadow through the fog.
I brushed up against thick bushes trying to make it through the wintery forest and dodged a few deku nuts being shot at me by some bored dekus with nothing better to do. I made my way out, finally. I caught my breath and rested for a bit on a big rock right outside the castle door. Whatever awaited, there was no going back.
I pushed on the heavy castle door and to my surprise, it opened without any difficulty. I looked around, trying to see if there were any signs of life. The interior was very different than a regular castle. I expected to see old, medieval furniture, but instead everything was made of glass or frozen in ice.
“Who’s there?” a woman’s voice shouted. I froze, hoping I wouldn’t be in any kind of trouble for breaking and entering. I stood still, unsure if I should answer the call.
“Hello?” the voice shouted, getting closer. The shadow of a person came closer from behind a nearby corridor. I stared at it as they got closer and closer, mentally preparing myself for whatever would come.
The woman came out from the narrow, icy hallway. She had long, snowy blond hair slightly below her shoulders. Her crystal blue eyes were almost as cold as her surroundings, but they were surprisingly welcoming. She was wearing a very fitting light blue dress. I assumed she was the queen of the castle by the vibe she gave up. I fixed my posture by standing up a little straighter.
“Oh...it’s only a human. Phew.” she sighed with relief.
“Hi,” I hesitated, unsure of what to say to her.
“Welcome to my castle. I am Snow Queen, the one with winter’s heart.” she announced.
“It’s a pleasure to meet you. I came here to warm up from the cold. It’s brutal out there.” I explained.
“No need for an explanation. Come on in.” she said. I was surprised at how friendly she was. I broke into her house, after all.
She took me to a quaint little parlor just down the narrow hallway.
“Here. Sit.” she said, pushing a frozen chair under my butt.
I sat down, but my bottom didn’t freeze.
“Hey, how come I’m not feeling the cold of the ice on my....behind?” I asked her awkwardly as she dusted off the icy coffee table.
“Magic,” she replied.
“Makes sense,” I said. “So I never knew such a place existed in Hyrule! I’ve already explored all of Snow Peak.”
“...Hyrule? This isn’t Hyrule,” Snow Queen responded. I looked at her, puzzled.
“Then...where is this?” I asked.
“The Kingdom of Huklebery.” she said. “The ruler is called the King of Hukleberry, and you must address him as the king at all times.”
“He sounds very majestic,” I said.
“All citizens of the kingdom must give him utmost respect, or they’ll be punished. And I don’t want none of that ****.” Snow Queen said. I was shocked at her informal tone. But it did make me relax a little.
I noticed a painting on the wall of “uwu”. It seemed fitting for such an odd place.
“I guess you’d like to know a little more about me,” I said. “I’m a traveling musician from Termina, but I like to visit Hyrule often, especially when the carnival in Clock Town’s not going on. I play music and help out the Rosa Sisters now and again. Are you familiar with them?”
“No,” Snow replied. “...Go on.”
“Anyways, Hyrule is a fantastic place to explore. There’s so much to see...” I told her.
She nodded and smiled. “I like exploring, too.”
The sun was setting and Snow said I could stay overnight. I brushed the snow off my sloth suitcase, as they’re my favorite animal.
“You like sloths?” Snow asked.
“Yeah! They’re like, my favorite animal of all time.” I replied.
“My messenger and friend Lemmy told me that our friend Mezlo is throwing a sloth party tomorrow evening.” Snow told me.
“Are you going?” I asked.
“I guess,” Snow said. “Would you wanna...come with me? As my guest?”
I looked at my feet and smiled. “Yeah, sure.” I answered, making Snow smile as well.
“You’re really cool. Don’t leave so soon, okay?” she said.
I was surprised at how sincere she sounded. No one every wanted me around. I was just a wandering musician to them, always coming and going. All I could do was nod and smile.
“I have to pee...Do you want to go to the bathroom too?” Snow asked, blushing.
“Maybe later.” I replied, blushing as well.
“That’s fine. Later works. Hell, anytime will work for me.” Snow said.

It was an hour before the sloth shindig. I guess I was pretty excited, I kept fixing my hair and make up in front of Snow’s mirror made out of ice.
“You almost ready?” she called from the other room. “Lemmy’s on the phone...LEMMY WE’RE COMING JEESH!” Snow hung up the phone and walked into the room.
“Wow, you look nice.” Snow commented.
“I look like you,” I giggled a bit. “I’m wearing your make up.”
“You look like a very charming Snow Princess.” she said, smiling.
We walked down a trail leading behind Snow’s castle. Luckily, the blizzard had stopped so we could finally see where we were walking.
“Did you know that my mood affects the weather around here?” Snow mentioned.
“No...That’s actually pretty cool.” I said.
“Not really. If I’m really upset or something, there’s a blizzard. And five out of seven of the days of the week, there’s a blizzard.”
“Damn,” I gasped. “Does it snow in all of Huklebery?”
“My mood only affects the mountain territory, which we’re in right now.” Snow explained.
After ten minutes of walking, we reached a small village at the bottom of the mountain.
“Mezlo’s house is the first one on the left!” Snow explained.
Mezlo’s house had balloons with pictures of sloths on them tied to the mailbox.
“Seems like a cool guy so far,” I commented.
We entered the house and a big group of people/creatures were dancing in the center of what was a living room.
“Hey Snow!” one guy shouted, and other’s joined in.
“Are you famous here?” I asked Snow.
“Not really. It’s just a small community.”
“Hey Snow, you told me you were bringing a party guest. What’s your name?” a guy in a minish cap asked me.
“Ari,” I replied.
“Ari! Nice name. I’m Mezlo! Mezlo the musician.”
Mezlo had very dark brown hair, almost black. He had very bright eyes and a very contagious smile. His face could light up an entire room.
“Me too, I actually travel around, exploring the land and playing music for the love of it. And to make money to eat!” I laughed.
“Nice! Good luck to you when you leave here to continue the journey!” Mezlo said.
I smiled and thought about the adventure ahead. It seemed very daunting at the moment, for some reason.
“Thanks, man.” I replied, as Snow and I headed on through the crowd.
“SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!” a voice yelled. Someone had jumped on Snow, making her fall on the floor. It was a red Koopa.
“What are you doing to me? GET OFF BRO.” Snow yelled, pushing the Koopa off of her. The Koopa then fell on me. I caught her before we both could fall and get hurt.
“I’m Lemmy, how you doing?” the Koopa greeted.
“I’m good. Are you alright?” I asked, laughing a little bit at the awkward situation.
“I’m super. And cool.” Lemmy said, pulling out a pair of shades and putting them on.
“Lemmy, you’re the coolest!” someone shouted.
Suddenly, there was a squelch of a microphone.
“Hey everyone,” Mezlo’s voice said, coming through two big speakers at the front of the room.
“We’re all gathered here to celebrate sloths and all their glory. So Batman and I prepared a little number for you all about sloths. Hit it, Seth!”
Seth, the control guy, turned up the guitar mic and vocal mic as Mezlo and Batman prepared to do a song.
I didn’t care anymore. I was tired of being shy. I ran up on stage.
“Can I join in on rhythm guitar?” I asked Batman as he tuned his guitar. He was wearing a batman cape with a sloth on it instead of the Batman symbol.
“Mezlo! Is it cool if this girl joins in?” Batman asked.
Mezlo looked up from his drum kit.
He smiled. “Of course! Anyone who wants to sing about sloths is a friend of mine.”
Seth the sound guy adjusted the volume levels on the PA system.
“Alright, you guys ready?” Seth asked.
“Yup!” Mezlo said, giving him the thumbs up.
Mezlo, Batman, and I played a little blues ditty about sloths and how they are very underappreciated animals. The crowd danced and sang along to all the words. It was a moment I would remember forever. It was as if everyone in the room was in sync. It was a very pleasant feeling.
When the song was over, everyone cheered and hollered for us. We played through the rest of the night.
Sometimes a journey filled with hardships and tears leads you to the most unexpected and joyous places that you never knew existed.

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
Note: When the characters refer to Link being in a movie, they are really talking about the video game. In the kingdom they live in, video games are considered movies. Thank you for those of you who are reading and liking!

Chapter 2 ~ The Missing Link

“ARI! YOU HAVE A VISITOR! GET DOWN HERE FOR DIN’S SAKE!” Snow yelled from the parlor downstairs. I was still in a daze as I had just woken up from a nice winter’s nap, in a place where it was winter for the rest of eternity.
“Huh?” I said, coming down the stairs and wiping the crust from my eyes.
“Someone’s waiting at the door for you,” Snow explained.
“Oh, right. Who?” I asked.
Snow shrugged her shoulders. “Go find out.”
I cracked open the tall castle door and found a girl wearing a green shirt with a Triforce symbol on it. She seemed very anxious about something.
“Hi, Ari,” the girl said, with a wide grin on her face.
“Um, hey,” I greeted awkwardly.
“So I hear you’ve traveled the vast land of Hyrule,” the girl mentioned.
“Yes, I have!” I boasted, proudly.
“Have you seen this fine gentlemen?” she said, holding up a picture of Link, the famous hero and movie star from Hyrule.
“I’ve seen him movies, but I’ve never met him,” I replied.
“Oh, you’ve had to have met him! He’s like Jesus there! I’ve seen everyone of his movies. Ocarina of Time, Majora’s Mask, Twilight Princess...He’s my hero. I was hoping you could help me...track him down.” she rambled.
“What’s your name?” I asked her.
“My name’s Lexy. I am Link’s number one fan! He’s just so.....he’s so.....ohmegosh he’s a sexy beast!!!” she squeeled.
“He is pretty damn gorgeous,” I commented.
“Oh, he’s more than that,” she began. “He’s the whole reason for my existence!”
I smiled at her enthusiasm.
“You know, we could try to find him. He should be on location right now in Hyrule shooting for his upcoming film, Zelda U.” I said.
“Let’s do it!” Lexy cheered, pulling out a backpack and a small pocket knife and a bottled fairy. “I’m ready to go!”
“She really came prepared, didn’t she?” Snow laughed.

“I sense something coming,” a boy with bright blue eyes and blond hair said to a woman putting make up on him in front of a mirror in a little trailer.
“Don’t tell me you think you’re psychic now,” the woman sighed heavily.
“No, I’m not,” the boy replied. “I can just feel....something or...someone is out there....looking for me.”
“Link, did you take your medication this morning?” the stylist asked.
“No...” Link replied.
“Well, I think you need to before we start shooting today,”
“Alright, fine.” Link sighed, grabbing his medication bottle and a nearby glass of water.
“It is so hard being the hero of time,” Link complained.

“Woohoo! This is all I’ve ever wanted! I’m on a quest, just like Link...TO FIND LINK! How funny is that?” Lexy laughed as me, her, Snow, Mezlo, and Lemmy navigated through a thick forest.
Suddenly, there was a high pitched squeak coming from a nearby tree.
“Hold on,” I said. “Did you guys hear that?”
Everyone listened for a sound that never came again.
“Let’s keep going,” Snow said.
“Maybe my minish cap will help us find Link,” Mezlo mentioned.
“Just keep going straight!” the cap said.
“Thanks, bro,” Mezlo said, petting the top of his cap. The cap smiled.
“I am Squirrel!”
Suddenly, a giant flying squirrel came flying out of the top of a tree and landed on Lemmy’s face.
“What the hell!” she yelled, pushing the Squirrel away from her face.
“I just wanna be friends,” Squirrel moaned.
“You can join us, buddy, if you promise not to attack anyone’s face again,” I said.
Squirrel smiled and flew to my shoulder and landed gracefully.
“You’re nice,” he said.
We continued through the forest, finally seeing a light at the end that signified we were in Hyrule.
“Is that it? Is that it?” Squirrel exclaimed.
“Oh my Din, I never thought I’d see it!” Lexy shouted.
We finally arrived at Hyrule Field. It was a beautiful day with no clouds in the sky. A guy with a bunny hood jogged past and we could see the cows grazing in the field at Lon Lon Ranch.
“It’s a dream come true!” Lexy exclaimed, giving everyone in the group a big hug.
“I’ve been here a thousand times, it’s really not that big of a deal,” Snow sighed.
“Whew!” Lemmy yelled, playing around in her Koopa shell across the grass. Mezlo kicked her like a soccer ball across the field.
“You guys wanna play some Koopa ball?” Mezlo asked.
“Hell yeah!” Squirrel said.
All of us formed our own teams. Snow and I were on the Ice team, while Mezlo and Squirrel were on the Fire team.
“Wait, what about me? We need another player to make it even,” Lexy said.
“I’ll play,” a boy in a dark green outfit made out of leaves said.
“Hey,” Lexy greeted. “Do you happen to know Link?”
“Not personally, no. But I’m Leaf Leaf. I’m from Huklebery, but I like to come to Hyrule to get inspiration for different art projects that I’m working on,” he explained.
“You can be on our team!” I hollered from across the field.
We began the game. Squirrel was goalie for Fire team and Snow was the goalie for Ice team.
“Let’s go!” Mezlo shouted. I kicked Lemmy to Leaf Leaf as he shuffled past Mezlo and Lexy to try and score a goal. Squirrel caught the shell.
“Dammit!” Leaf Leaf yelled.
“Throw it back!” Mezlo yelled to Squirrel.
I got the shell, kicking it towards the goal. Mezlo got it, and kicked it to Lexy. Lexy paused, holding Lemmy under her foot.
“Hey guys...who is that?” Lexy said, pointing in the distance at a camera crew filming a sword fight between a boy in green clothes and a skeleton-looking creature. Lemmy popped out of her shell, trying to make out who it was.
“That looks like Link,” Lemmy said.
“Finally! He’s exactly what I’ve been looking for!” Lexy exclaimed, making her way straight over to the fight scene.
“You can’t just...walk over there!” Leaf Leaf warned.
Lexy ignored Leaf Leaf and kept going.
“Nothing’s gonna stop me now!” Lexy shouted.
Everyone watched Lexy as she made her way to her hero. Nobody knew whether they should stop her or let her go. So everyone stood in silence. She finally got to the scene.
“Link!” she yelled. He looked at her, and looked away, continuing the scene.
“I said, Link!” she yelled again.
“Ma’am, you need to get off the set. We’re working here,” one of the camera men said.
“I came this far. I’m not leaving!” Lexy exclaimed.
“Security!” the man yelled.
“Sir, we just wanted to meet Link,” Leaf Leaf said, as the rest of the us stood behind him.
“Link is busy!” the man responded.
“No I’m not,” Link said, brushing his silky blond hair out of his eyes. Lexy began to drool. “What do you guys need?”
“Link, you are my love. You are my life. Please, autograph the back of my Triforce t-shirt.” Lexy commanded, turning around and handing Link a black marker.
“I knew you were coming for me,” Link told her.
Lexy gasped. “REALLY?”
“Yes, I could feel it. I am really the hero of time, you know. I know a lot more than you think,” Link said.
“Wow, you really are a hero,” Lexy said.
Link autographed the back of Lexy’s shirt and patted her on the back.
“Thank you for coming all this way. But I must get back to work now. As you can see, the director is barking at me to get back to it.” Link explained.
“Can I...have a hug?” Lexy asked, innocently.
Link instantly grabbed Lexy, and even gave her a smooch on the cheek.
“For luck,” he whispered in her ear before letting her go.

On the way home, it was obvious that Lexy was in la la land.
“Is she ever gonna wake up?” Leaf Leaf asked us.
“Who knows.” I laughed. “I should’ve gotten a kiss too, though.”
“Me too, he was pretty cute today,” Mezlo said. Everyone looked at him like he was crazy.
“Mezlo, you’re a dude. That would be weird,” Lemmy said.
“Not really,” Snow commented.
“Whatever. I’m not denying an attractive guy when I see one!” Mezlo laughed.
All of us walked back to the kingdom of Huklebery with smiles on their faces. Except Lexy. She was on a completely different planet right now, with a bigger smile than all of us.

Last edited:

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
Chapter 3 ~ Wrong Dong and It’s Mechanical Minions

It’s been a week now since I had arrived in the kingdom of Huklebery. I’ve been staying at Snow Queen’s castle with Snow Queen herself. She was nice enough to let me stay there instead of staying in a ratty hotel somewhere, or even worse, in the woods with a bunch of annoying dekus and skulltas.
“Morning Snow,” I said, coming down the stairs in the kitchen and making my way to the breakfast table. Snow was sitting there, lightly sipping a cup of hot tea.
“Morning,” she responded, taking another sip of tea. “I’ve got a meeting today at the Huklebery castle, so it looks like you’re gonna be all on your own today.”
“Ah. What’s the meeting about?” I asked.
“I’m not really supposed to talk about it,” Snow responded.
“Can I get a hint?” I asked, laughing a little bit.
“No...” she said, trailing off.
I walked over to get a bagel from the top of the icy refrigerator. As I was spreading some cream cheese on it, Snow got up.
“You leaving already?” I said.
“No...I have to pee,” she told me.
“Want me to join you?” I asked, blushing.
“Of course.” she said, leading me to the bathroom.

“Ladies and gentlemen, the kingdom of Huklebery is being threatened by a ruthless power at this very moment!” the King of Huklebery stated as he sat on his throne in the main room of the Huklebery castle. He overlooked all the citizens of the kingdom with a very stern look on his face.
“They have infiltrated the kingdom and it’s up to all of you to stop them!” he exclaimed.
“Sir, what if there are too many of them?” the royal messenger, Lemmy, said.
“You must focus on their leader,” the King began. “They’re all mechanical beings, so they’re names are written on their chest plates. The leader’s name is...W. Dong.”
Everyone cringed a little.
“Once you defeat W. Dong, the rest of the mechanical beings will stop working and we can simply get rid of them by burning their metal corpses.” the King explained.
“Where are they right now?” Snow asked.
“They are coming towards this very castle from the west. They should be in the desert.” King replied. “Meeting dismissed!”

“Do you think we’ll be able to fight them off? They sound really tough,” Lemmy asked Snow as they walked back to her castle to prepare for the upcoming battle.
“We should be fine,” Snow said.
“How was the meeting, guys?” I asked as I opened the tall castle door.
“Pretty lame as always,” Snow replied.
“WE’RE ALL GONNA DIEZZZZZ!!!” Lemmy shouted.
“Shut up!” Snow screamed.
“Whoa, are you okay?” I asked Lemmy.
“I’m fine,” Lemmy said, calmer this time. “We have to go fight some robots in the desert.”
“Sounds interesting,” I said. “So is this just for training or something?”
“No, it’s the real deal,” Snow replied. “They are a threat to the kingdom.”
“Holy ****,” I said. “Do you guys need help?”
“I don’t think the King wants outsiders to help,” Snow said.
“Oh,” I sighed, disappointed. “Well, good luck.”
“Thanks,” Lemmy said.
The two grabbed their gear and headed west to the vast desert of Huklebery kingdom.

“Oh my Nauryu, this would be so much easier if Link was here to save us!!!” Lexy exclaimed as her, Snow, Lemmy, Mezlo, Leaf Leaf, and the rest of the Huklebery warriors made their way into the desert.
“So true.” Lemmy replied.
“Okay, everyone. Listen to me,” Seth, the group’s leader, began. “The King has informed me that W. Dong’s gang should be about a mile from where we’re standing right now.”
“Oh Din, another mile? Seriously?” Lexy complained.
“W. Dong will be like me, in front of the rest of his warriors. I want the majority of you to go for W. Dong, while Batman and I will fight off the rest of them. Understood?” Seth explained.
Everyone nodded and continued moving forward.
“LOL what kind of name is W. Dong anyway!?” Mezlo laughed.
“Isn’t a dong a penis?” Leaf Leaf chuckled.
“Ew,” Snow groaned.
Suddenly, there was a loud robotic talking noise in the distance.
“I kidding blue find grate play food seven I jello fat everyone tired me do>? Holy yip understand going blank figure on table you first happy one tipsy tired joking maybe love#. Ironic forget every side me poop<? %uh.”
“What the hell was that...” Mezlo said.
“%uh.” Lemmy said.
“Did I hear that right?” Mezlo asked everyone.
Suddenly, the noise was heard again. Everyone got their weapons ready.
“Okay, everyone! Stay back and let them get a little closer!” Seth commanded.
The large mass of robots came rolling forward. They all looked fairly similar to R2-D2 from Star Wars.
“Batman, go!” Seth yelled.
Batman and Seth ran full speed and attacked all the smaller robots behind the massive W. Dong. Batman clawed through the machinery of the metal maniacs with his big powerful hands and Seth chopped the tops of the robots heads off with his sword, making them unable to function.
“They should really design those things better,” Seth commented.
Everyone else began going for the infamous W. Dong.
Mezlo shot his fire arrows at it, which were unfortunately no match for Dong’s indestructible metal exterior.
“Dammit!” he yelled, acting as defense for his comrades now.
Snow used her ice magic and froze W. Dong.
“Yes!” she exclaimed.
Suddenly, Dong broke through the ice with it’s two robotic arms that came out of it’s sides.
“This’ll do the trick!” Lemmy shouted, knocking into Dong with her Koopa shell. Dong fell over.
“You lick fire yell gone fix could sane boy pop right never shine fool liver take!@” Dong yelled.
Suddenly, a giant cannon came out of the side of W. Dong. It was massive; almost the size of Lemmy’s Koopa body.
“Lemmy, watch out!” Snow yelled. Dong’s cannon powered up, and a huge missle came hurdling towards Lemmy.
“Lemmy!” Leaf Leaf shouted, panicking.
Before the missle could hit her, a blur moved past, carrying Lemmy out of harm’s way.
“...ARI???” Snow exclaimed.
“I couldn’t NOT join in on the fun,” I replied, sitting Lemmy down.
Meanwhile, Seth and Batman were fighting off the last three robot minions. Batman rounded them up with a lasso and Seth swung his blade across their heads, destroying any possibility of them ever functioning again.
“Nailed it,” Seth said to Batman. Batman gave him a thumbs up.
“Ari, you’re not supposed to be here! The King will get mad.” Snow said.
“I don’t care. I had to help. I can’t just stand back.” I said to her.
“This is over.” a voice said, when suddenly W. Dong exploded.
“Whoa!” Mezlo exclaimed.
“I got it. This war is won.”
Suddenly, the King appeared through the smoke cloud where W. Dong originally stood.
“King! We were supposed to be protecting you!” Snow shouted.
“I’m fine,” King replied. “Dong’s gone, so it’s all okay.”
Then King looked at me. “Who are you?” he asked.
“My name’s Ari. I’m from Termina.”
“Ah, that’s such a lovely place,” King said, beginning to reminisce. “I go to the Carnival every year.”
“I’m sorry if I,” I said, when King interrupted.
“There’s no reason to be sorry. You saved my royal messenger.” he said with a smile.
I didn’t know what to say.
“Come on everyone, let’s go back to my castle and celebrate this victory with some fried chicken!” King cheered. “You’re invited too, Ari.”
“Come on, girl, let’s get some!” Snow exclaimed, smiling at me.
All of us went back to the King of Huklebery’s castle and enjoyed a delightful meal filled with fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and honey biscuits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom