• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link's House (ALTTP)

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
maybe they take turns sleeping? never really thought about it but most houses in ALttP with beds usually only have one bed. I think the location of their house is more interesting. like why is it so close to hyrule castle? and Link's house in MC reminds me very much of the one in ALttP.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Well... it might be possible that Link's uncle (I think his name's Alfonzo but I'm not sure) does a lot of knight work and isn't around much meaning there is only a need for one bed... or maybe they're poor and Alfonzo wants Link to not have to sleep on the ground. I'm not sure, this is just some speculation of mine...

S

serenade696969

Well maybe they have linen hidden somewhere in house and the uncle sleeps on the table?

octorok74

TETTAC
Maybe Link's uncle sleeps during the day and Link sleeps at night. This way they only need one bed. Besides, Link's uncle seems to do a lot of work during the night.

Zelda Freak

A Freak who likes Zelda
During the night, Link sleeps, but during the day, his uncle sleeps.

Why?

It's dark out when you first go outside, and his uncle is somewhere in the dungeons of the castle.

So, in result, he does his work at night, so Link sleeps at night, his uncle sleeps during the day.

S

serenade696969

Another possibility is that he sleeps on floor( know some people who prefer that) so that could be it.

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
I'm having a hunch that he sleeps in that chair he was sitting in at the start of the game. He was just sitting there in the middle of the night. Either that, or he's on guard duty. Them there Hyrule's a dangerous place.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I'll just have to go with the "It's a videogame" explanation.
Many games at the time,(and many, still nowadays), tend to make this mistake, like in Pokémon, for example.
There is only one bed because they thought that Link was the real important character there, so, they didn't feel the need to implement an extra room/bed for his uncle

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Thanks to the "horror" icon, I already know what you're thinking... gosh, that's such a creepy mental image. Thank you for putting that into my mind, by the way.

I just assumed that his Uncle preferred sleeping in the chair. There are some former soldiers that become too paranoid to sleep laying down because they feel the need to be vigilant. For all we know, what looks like a stool in-game may be closer to a recliner or rocking chair in actuality.

GerudoDesert

I love being gay.
Please do not make this topic perverted.

So what if they sleep together? But it does make sense that the Uncle sleeps during the day, and Link sleeps during the night.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
Well I never really thought about it. Maybe his uncle sleeps on the floor or there could be a secret room. Maybe he sleeps in the castle because they're the desendants of the knights of Hyrule.

Y

younglink

I'll just have to go with the "It's a videogame" explanation.
Many games at the time,(and many, still nowadays), tend to make this mistake, like in Pokémon, for example.
There is only one bed because they thought that Link was the real important character there, so, they didn't feel the need to implement an extra room/bed for his uncle

i totally agree its just another video game mistake.

In midevil times, link the Legend of Zelda series depicts, people did sleep together. There was no heat in their homes except for the fire place, so people tended to sleep together for warmth. That's just my historic interpretation of this situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom