• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link's Awakening Link's Awakening Needs to Be Redone in 3D: Agree or Disagree?

I'm currently playing this game for the first time and I am really enjoying it. The only thing I hate is the fact that you have to equip to the power glove anytime you want to lift a rock or a pot. But besides that I am loving this game. I love the vibe of the world, the quirky characters, and the story. I think this game would be a masterpiece if it was redone in 3D. Full 3D, updated music, and cutscenes would make it one of the best Zelda games ever made. 2D doesn't do this game justice. But thats just my opinion.. What do you think?

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
Excellent thread.

I wholeheartedly agree that the single most annoying thing about the game is the Power Glove equiping and accidentally pushing blocks without and going through the excruciatingly slow text in that game.

As for the game being redone in 3D... meh perhaps. I can see the appeal, and I'd agree it could be really really good, but even still it is a good game as it is. As are all the old Zelda's when you think about it. They could probably be a lot better remade, but that's the thing. Imo, you don't need to fix what's not already broken. The games are fine the way they are. If they're gonna remake LA in 3D why not do the same for ALttP? It's as good if not better then LA and as deserving of a remake. So while I think yes, it could be good, it's really not necessary we have it readily available as it is off the eShop meanwhile others *coughmajorasmaskcough* aren't at the moment and make more sense to have a remake.

That's my take on it. :D

ILU

i luv u
The game needs to be remade for many reasons. My personal reason is that I think Koholint would probably be the most beautiful setting any Zelda game has ever had, and the way Nintendo seems to embrace artistic styles makes me think that it could blow Skyward Sword's artistic style out of the water. Normally I don't get swept up in visuals when it comes to games unless it's an artsy style like SS, Bioshock Infinite, Okami, [insert other pretty examples], but I think that if Nintendo were to recreate it.... I think I would just die of happiness. It had such a beautiful story, and if it were to be complimented by a beautiful, artistic world... well, I think it'd be amazing.

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
Every 2D game would be interesting to see in 3D, and every 3D game would be interesting to see in 2D. Link's Awakening specifically? Now that I think about it... It would be pretty amazing, cause you'd like always be able to look up at the egg, and it'd always be there, and when you climb Tal Tal Heights, it would actually give you a sense that you're climbing, and that music would be amazing, and woah... this needs to happen

Links Awakening is one of my favorite games in the series, I think it would be awesome if it were remade in 3D, it has one of my favorite stories in series and Koholint would be an awesome location to see beautifully rendered in 3D, so yeah I'd love a remake of Links Awakening.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I disagree. Reason being is if it were remade to be 3D, it would be pretty much an entirely different game. They'd have to change large portions of the dungeon to match 3D mechanics. At that point, why not just make a new 3D game?

What I would like to see is LA, OoS, and OoA being remade in 2D with ALBW level graphics.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
I enjoy Link's Awakening, but I don't see what a 3D remake would do. This is far from the best in the series, and to be honest, it really doesn't feel like the kind of game that should be in 3D. UNDESERVING.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
When I think of Zelda games I'd like to see remade and revitalised in 3D, the first that comes to mind is this game.

Link's Awakening is your typical top down 2D game, yes; however, it's the setting that I think would make this game truly a visual spectacle. We usually have the game set within your typical open land filled with various terrains, but imagine a setting where you would be exploring a tropical island. Koholint island is seen from a perspective that doesn't really capture the beauty, or should I say the potential beauty that we could see from the island.

I could imagine this game being like Zelda's version of Super Mario Sunshine. It would capture the charm and light heartedness of LA, but from a different, and more immersion perspective. I think the concept art from the game also creates that tropical vibe that I'm imagining this hypothetical game would be like. These are plenty of good Zelda games that have the potential to be great if made in 3D; however, I just feel this game could be the most unique.

With the recent updates of OoT and Wind Waker, the fact that ALBW was in many was a kind of remake of ALTTP, and the rumors of a MM remake, I have to disagree with this purely because I'm ready to play some completely new and original Zelda games. I did enjoy Link's Awakening, and I think that it probably could be remade into a fun 3D game, but ff given a choice, I'd prefer something original.

Skunk

Floof
I don't think that there should be a remake in 3D per se, but more of another game taking place on Khoholint Island; that would make the area have a more powerful link to the series(ALttS, if you will).

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
I personally would much rather see brand-new games being made than constantly re-making older games as Nintendo seems to be doing as of late. That being said, if a remake just had to be made, then Link's Awakening deserves it the most.

Although, my idea of a remake might be more like a complete re-imagining of the game. I have in mind something more like Far Cry or Just Cause 2 in terms of visuals; a lush tropical island in gorgeous 3D. This would be the chance for the series to try a fully-realistic aesthetic; certainly it would be much more interesting to see colorful environments rather than bland brown or grey environments if you're going to do realistic. I'm not sure how the aesthetic would cooperate with the more bizarre elements of the game, but whatever, I think it's still worth a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom