• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Links Awakening for the Dsi

LANZZ

Scarecrow
Imposible, what you have see is only la gameplay with gbc emulator for nds. With this emulator, you can play zelda gbc games like la, ooa, and oos.
The emulator called lameboy.nds.
Ask me for more imformation.

Last edited:

CZG

I heard an unofficial rumour that, in Japan, they are working to port all the GB, GBC and GBA games for download use on the DSi. The downloading system would be making it's arrival in the far east somewhere near the end of 2010, with only the more popular titles at first. Just like they did with the Virtual Console section on the Wii.

They won't be any remakes of some kind, just direct copies of the old versions.
I do hope the got the first GB version of LA too, not just the DX one....

Unofficial, but more exciting than more official rumours.
I'm more hyped for finally playing LA again, than I am for the next Wii title...

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
It would be a good idea... but I haven't heard anything official.

I recently e-mailed Nintendo asking about this very issue, asking what I could do about playing LADX on the VC (since I lost my copy a few years ago). This is what they said:

Hi, thank you for contacting us.

You are correct, this game will be difficult to find new because The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX is no longer being manufactured. Having said that, you may be able to find what you seek through the secondhand video game market.

For assistance with finding stores that carry used or secondhand video game products, head to the "Where to Buy" section of our website (www.nintendo.com) and click on the "Older Systems, Games, and Accessories" link. Below, I've included a direct address to this page on our site:

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/retail/index.jsp#oldproduct

At this time, the Wii's Virtual Console games are only available from (NES) Nintendo Entertainment System, (SNES) Super Nintendo Entertainment System, Nintendo 64, TurboGrafx 16, NEOGEO, Sega Master System, Sega Genesis, Commodore 64 and Arcade. If that should change, we would post the news on our website (www.nintendo.com).

It's also a good idea to keep the "What's New" section on our website for any new Nintendo DS games.

I will be sure to forward your feedback to the correct department at Nintendo for further review.

My impression from the letter was that there's a chance it might be re-released as a DS game or feature. I could see them doing something like what they did with Super Mario All-Stars, and bundling LADX, OOS, and OOA into a "Classic GB Zelda" package.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
In my opinion, they would do better if they ported all good satellaview games for the DSi, considering that no one outside japan ever had legal means of playing them, and, even outside, with emulators, most of them may get buggy and glitchy

LANZZ

Scarecrow
There are no remake of any zelda games in dsi. But you can playing them in your nds with emulator (lameboy.nds) or special dsi card adapter. With this, I can playing gb or gbc zelda games with my nds.
Quote : I dont want any remake, i want a new games.

B

Bongo_Bongo

Are ROM's legal? I don't use one, because they're unethical, but are they against the law to use? It just seems like a smart move to download it onto your computer for FREE, then you don't ave to buy it on VC, DSiWare, GC collecters edition, etc.

C

Ccrossed

The picture is fake, first of all, how can u play if the power is turned off!!!

But yes, i think nintendo should remake these titles, it would be cool

T

triforce88

I would like to see a remake to Majora's Mask(since they have already announced a remake for OoT) rather than Link's Awakening.

Kirino

Tatakae
They might have LA on the 3DS.Nintendo said something about remaking classic games like LOZ on it i think.

O

Oreoleman

It's actually been proven that there is a virtual console for the 3DS that sells original gameboy games and Link's Awakening is going to be released. I really excited for it.

Y

Yamtendo

Yeahh I'm pretty sure that's mostly true. The way I heard it was that Link's Awakening was going to be released on the 3DS' Virtual Console.

V

Vattible

Agreed, Yamtendo.... It is going to be on the 3DS's virtual connsole

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom