• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Links Awakening for the Dsi

Bob Majinki

Deku Director
It'd be good for new people to get into it, but I have no purpose buying the game again, especially seeing my distaste for the DSi.

www.zeldainmypocket.com
It would be a smart move on Nintendo's part. What they really need to re-release is the Oracle games, so losers stop pirating them. I think the DSi has been an improvement for basic gamers, but for homebrewers like myself, we have been doing this stuff for a while. You can even download full games via Wi-Fi connection with a simple SD card and adapter...

If Nintendo wanted to be really smart, they'd allow people who turned in their old LA carts to download the game for free. Doesn't cost Nintendo anything, and they'd get "brownie points" for "going green". ;) That was kind of off topic, but not too much. :P

But yes, let's hope that they bring back all of our Zelda games, especially the handhelds which have almost been lost.

Waker of winds

Finally playing PH!
Yes, it's a good idea to be able to play the older games like Link's awakening, there are a lot of new Zelda fans that don't know about these games just because they can't play them in the DS. I was pretty sad because of that, but this notice brightens my day!

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I was pretty sad because of that, but this notice brightens my day!

Sorry, but this is not an official announcement. Nintendo has yet to announce any virtual console downloadable games to the DSi. The image above is a fan-made graphic. It would be nice to have happen though, since there's so many retro games on the Wii to enjoy, but it's not happening yet.

NoRush

Soldier, Royal Family
Just another positive comment here. I would certainly download the games on my DSi, I need another use for that thing besides PH, Japanese coach, and the few times I use it to go on the internet.

I love the DSi really, but it needs more games! Def. a good idea to have retro Zelda games downloadable with the point system. (I just used 800 for Alttp on the Wii :)

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
Seems Nintendo is sticking by their "No VC for the DSi" comments for now. They just answered a question on IGN about it, and they are either giving a runaround fake answer so they can make an official announcement at a later date to surprise everyone, or they are just not that bright in seeing the potential... Maybe they are saving it up for a new handheld system in the future?

A quote from the response:

"Unfortunately, a portable Virtual Console isn't something that we have plans for right now. It's an intriguing idea, but I have to give you a straight answer, even if it isn't the one you necessarily want to hear."

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
They've already released several Zelda games on the VC. The N64, NES, and the SNES ones. The handhelds like Link's Awakening, the Oracle's, etc. were the least popular games in the series. In fact, the Oracles ARE the least played. Out of all Zelda games, the last ones I would choose on the VC or DSi would be those, but it still wouldn't hurt to have them on there. :)

C

Caleb, Of Asui

Link's Awakening on DSi would be awesome. Period. If there was a plethora of Game Boy games to be released on DSi, I would definitely get one somehow. My brother and I just found out that my copy of Link's Awakening (Not DX) doesn't want to save anymore. I was thinking about buying a copy of DX around the time Spirit Tracks comes out, since I would be playing more Zelda around that time anyway, but being able to download it on DSi would be a dream come true. It would be kind of nice to have a new DS, too, since I have the original bulky kind with a kind of scratched up touch screen (which was distracting me quite a lot while I was playing StarFox Command about a week ago).

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Dang LA for DSi? Viva las Leo. I sure hope that it happens. I've been wanting to play La for years and sadly i can't find a copy anywhere plus even if i did it would probably cost a lot and i don't even have anything to play it on. I sure as subrosia hope it comes to DSi bringing with it a DSi virtual console (as far as i know it doesn't have one yet). Pie!!

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
I bought a used one at game fanatix for $20. That was in November, the first time I ever played LA. My newest zelda game, and before I knew it I became the owner on the best guide on the net for it. ;)

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
You could always get a rom. I played my GBC one on my gamecube converter, and I used ROMS for site work. Look on amazon or ebay, they have it for pretty cheap.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
You could always get a rom. I played my GBC one on my gamecube converter, and I used ROMS for site work. Look on amazon or ebay, they have it for pretty cheap.

True I always could use a rom or an emulator but aren't those illegal? Plus I've seen some walkthroughs made with emulators and roms and one had to hack it in order to beat the bosses and it made it all laggy. They seem to have all kinds of probelms and I don't really want to go through that when I could simply buy a regular copy and not have any problems.

Semi New Post

Yay! I found an inexpensive copy of DX on the internet! And I realized I can play it on my gameboy player that i already have!! Yayy! And it only costs $15.00!!!!!! YAY ME!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom