• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link, Talk?

Link, Talk?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Text only

• Voice acting

• You talk

• Anything is fine

• Total voters
Well, I think I'v seen this poll done before, but I'v never seen the results myself, and I think some other people havnt either. please vote weather or not you want link to talk and in what format. you see, link kinda already talked in skyward sword, when you reply to questions, so "You talk" is on the poll.... if you want, post a comment on what you picked and why. PLEASE don't be hard on pleople just becouse you dont agree, and no trolling to begin with... Thanks for voicing your opinions, ~Lil'link:)

toonlink

Most Active Inactive User
I chose you talk, but not with the use of a microphone. Instead I think we should still talk, but with choices. I look foward to what other people believe.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I don't believe that Link should talk in any form that way the player can make up whatever they want. And I believe the reason Link doesn't talk is because Miyamoto wanted the charcter "Link" to be "linked" to each player hence his name.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Well I actually like it the way it is now. I mean Link is kinda mysterious in his own way because he talks but we don't hear his voice other then just a few screams or Come on like in WW. I am used to it and I kinda love it. I also love the different options the player has to make Link answer. It makes it even more fun.

He should have text options when asked a question, but NOTHING ELSE. If link talked out loud on his own that would ruin the game for me.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I don't really mind what they do, but I know that he should not have large amounts of spoken dialogue because it would upset quite a few people. If he spoke it should be a line every now and again when something important happens, like the master chief in halo.

I liked the Skyward sword thing, but it wasn't utilized as often as I would have liked, and it never had the perfect answer.
For instance. "Go!" or "Protect Zelda!" Answer: "SCREW YOU, I'M OUTTA HERE!"

I think they way they're doing it now is perfect. Some voice acting, but no words (grunts, whines, etc), with the occasional text option for Link. Introducing voice acting may just ruin the series for me. I like the silent protagonist angle. Don't even get me started on how the wrong personality and voice acting for the main character ruined a game for me (*cough*Final Fantasy X*cough*).

Voice acting could be fantastic in the Zelda series if done well, I think too many people are afraid of change and don't want it because of other poor examples of it. Honestly I think it's fighting the inevitable, like all the people who didn't want films to have sound when that started happening. Zelda is one of the last major franchises I can think of that doesn't have any VO.

I'm generally against voice acting for the character your playing as. I lost a sence of connection I have with the game. The only time this has happened and I actually enjoyed it was in Mass Effect, but that's only because I think the voice acting in general was well executed.

I'm in favor of voice acting in Zelda, but the main character being silent. Skyrim is a perfect example of the type of voice acting I want done in Zelda.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
If we could talk for Link, that could potentially be interesting!
Although I do prefer it now where Link only displays his emotions and actions throughout the storyline and gameplay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom