• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art Link Figurine Sculpture

D

darthjader11

So, I'm pretty new to the ZD, and I've never looked at the forums before, but I thought I'd share this with you all since It's something I worked really hard on and I know you'd appreciate! :)
I made this by hand entirely with Sculpey clay and acrylic/nail paints. He's about 5 & 3/4" tall.
If you want to see more pictures and some of the progress, here's a link to the facebook album: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=65763&id=1079299819&l=6ff33eb8bc
012.jpg011.jpg020.jpg016.jpg

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 27
Last edited by a moderator:

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
Wow that's very impressive!
I really like exploring unconventional mediums. Most of the art you see on the internet and around the forums is drawn (by hand or computer) and while it's beautiful it's just not as fascinating as sculptures and other mediums.

In conclusion: Win!

arkvoodle

Diabolical
That is just excellent! I can't actually belive that you made it yourself. o_O
But in saying that, i havent met you in real life so...yah.

Great work! I think I saw a Toon Link sculpture in the background. Can we see that next? :O

ComposerBrother

Composer of Hyrule
Very beautiful details to the scabbard and shield! :clap:
The eyes were very difficult to do I guess, and you even did a great job on them as well!
9.9/10

D

darthjader11

Last edited by a moderator:

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
It looks good, you definitely molded him well. Maybe I should try something like that some time. :P

Anyway...Good job, this is something different here, and I like it.

D

darthjader11

Very beautiful details to the scabbard and shield! :clap:
The eyes were very difficult to do I guess, and you even did a great job on them as well!
9.9/10
Yeah, it was hard to visualize what the eyes would look like, so I just went with what I did. His face looks rather skeptical :dry: hehe. THANKS! I'm particularly happy with the weaponry :D
013.jpg here's a better pic of the eyes. For some reason, It wouldn't let me upload it in the original post.

Wow that's very impressive!
I really like exploring unconventional mediums. Most of the art you see on the internet and around the forums is drawn (by hand or computer) and while it's beautiful it's just not as fascinating as sculptures and other mediums.

In conclusion: Win!

Thanks! There is something to be said for those who can visualize and create things in 3D! I have a hard time appreciating computer drawn things, even though they look awesome, I prefer the tactical approach. :)

It looks very good. You did a nice job. I also recommend looking at the Facebook album linked to on this page. There are some very nice pics there too.

Last edited:
D

darthjader11

Wow, this is great. I love the attention to detail on the shield and sheath.
:)
How long did it take you?
Either way, nice work, keep it up.
It's hard to say, I started this over 2 years ago and had only a few parts done.. I finally decided to finish it in these past 2 weeks. I'd say, total, circa 2 days of work straight.

R

Rarulla6

Oh wow, this looks great.< 3 I love how you did the boots and the shield.

You should seriously try considering doing other Zelda characters. I bet it'd be pretty awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom