• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Least Favorite Zelda Game

What is your least favorite Zelda game?

• The Legend of Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zelda II

• A Link to the Past

• Link's Awakening

• Ocarina of Time

• Majora's Mask

• Oracle of Seaons

• Oracle of Ages

• Four Swords

• Wind Waker

• Four Swords Adventures

• Minish Cap

• Twighlight Princess

• Phantom Hourglass

• Spirit Tracks

• Skyward Sword

• Undecided

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Hate is strong word. I never really found one I hated.

I did dislike Zelda 2: AoL but that's because I first played it when I was 4 and had a difficult time understanding games. Mostly I had trouble with it but eventually it got easier.

So dislike at first, but overall, I don't hate any of them.

EDIT: I see ALttP popping up and I guess I understand why. I do get annoyed at it sometimes, mostly because it sucks away at my time.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Skyward Sword is the one Zelda game that I actually hated, and here I was thinking Zelda was an impenetrable series. I could go on and on about how the game disgusts me, but to keep it short sweet and to the point, it just wasn't my idea of a Zelda game.

I'm sorry but when I said hate I meant it has you hate playing I should have been more accurate with my wording. Again sorry.

bunny

birb overlord
There isn't really a Zelda game that I hate but I think my least favorite is Zelda II just because it's so hard that it's frustrating and it really kills all my hopes of ever beating the game... xD

T

Troubadour

I know I may get hate for this, but I just can't play Majora's Mask for more than an hour at a time. The time limit makes it just not feel like a Zelda game to me. Even with the Inverted Song of Time, I still feel as if there's someone breathing down my neck to get things done in time.

"What Zelda Game That You Played Do You Hate the Most?"

Sorry, I have never played a Cd-i game, so I don't know what you are talking about :(

Seriously, I understand that someone doesn't like a game, even if it is one I love, but to hate the game? I don't get it

Just my little protest because I see more threads about hating than liking something :/

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
Coming from someone who has played and beaten every single Zelda game to date, I honestly do not hate any of them. I actually enjoy them all. I have my least favorites of course, but I thoroughly enjoy every single title.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
I hate the four sword games conceptually/ application. There was just no reason to require a 2nd GBA to play the GBA one, and the game cube one also required you to have GBA's attachments to play it, all in it, like other must have GBA attached for no damn good reason games, seamed more like excuses to market their accessories, when lets be honest the game could have worked just fine with out it required, and infact would have seen better sales.

They were quite simply put in my opinion mistakes.

Now i'm not a TP fan and i dislike alot about the game, but at least with those games I can at the very least respect the visuals/ music, and I do kinda hate TP compared to the rest of the series. But you asked which i hate the most.

I typically don't even view the four sword games as real zelda games though and more like bonus features to the series. So I don't know if I should be considering them for that slot. If not then it would go to TP. I've pracicatly written essays on these forums as to what was really wrong with the game, so as such I don't feel like re explaining everything in detail. TP's flow sucked, and the game tried to forcibly interrupt its own flow, there was 0 freedom or motivation to go exploring, the whole game felt like a dumbed down version of Zelda, with super linear flow, to easy to non existant puzzles, to bosses that despite their grandeur were laughably undangerous.

Awesome

The Creepy Uncle
There's no Zelda game that I "hate." I'll quote Plain White T's here with "Hate is a strong word, but I really really really don't like you." and when I say this, I'm referencing Skyward Sword. Hell even saying "...I really really really don't like you" might be too strong. It probably only deserves one really. Don't get me wrong, it's a good game, but there were just so many little things that the game did wrong that kind of pissed me off. And with that, LET THE MEGAPOST BEGIN! Oh and JJ, prepare to disagree with probably everything I have to say ;) Oh you fanboy you :lol:

First off let's discuss puzzles. For the most part, if you've played a Zelda game before, you can usually figure out most of the puzzles fairly easily. They aren't terribly new, but they can still give you some challenge and usually feel rewarding when you complete them. Most Zelda games have at least one puzzle that stumps me for at least a little bit. Maybe it's the fact that Skyward Sword is the latest Zelda game that I have played, but there was zero challenge when it came to both dungeons and puzzles. This was a major sadface moment for me, because I really really enjoy being stumped. Okay I hate being stumped, but I love the feeling of accomplishment that comes from figuring out a puzzle after a long time of thinking about it and trying random **** until something just clicks, or you get super damn lucky. I think the only somewhat puzzling part was the fire dungeon when I was like, hey why is there a wall here.....the minimap clearly goes this direction...WHY IS THERE A WALL!?! Oh wait it's a Zelda game, BLOW THAT **** UP! But yeah, nothing was truly challenging, but I guess that can be labeled as a personal complaint. NOTE - Most of these will probably be personal complaints.

Next let's discuss enemies. Now I just spent about 24 hours this weekend playing The Wind Waker (It was at 20 when I started playing today) and throughout the game, I never felt like one enemy was overused. Every enemy felt like it belonged in it's location and didn't just feel like a little space holder or road block. This is all the Skyward Sword enemies were to me....road blocks. With the Wii Motion Plus, Nintendo wanted to make the enemies smarter....however apparently to them, smarter just equals blocking the **** out of everything without ever attempting to do any real damage. True the Lizalfos were good enemies that actually were agile enough to hurt you, but they were only one enemy. Most of the enemies in Skyward Sword were just Bokoblins. Bokoblins for the most part could be dispatched with waggeling the controller. Sure you could use "skill" to dispatch them, but that usually just ended with you getting blocked without ever being attacked. Hell even the Electric Bokoblins never attacked. The only reason they did any damage was because you stupidly swung at them while they blocked. See that....blocked.....damaged by blocking and not by offense. Seriously what the **** Nintendo? Is nothing in this game aggressive? But yeah the enemies just felt reused in every area. No place really felt special as all the enemies were pretty much the same thing.

Now for Fi. I'll say it right here. I wish Fi didn't exist. She is the single worst thing about the game. Yes she is analytical about enemies, which was a nice throw back to Navi, but the way it was executed was bad in my opinion. With Navi and Tatl, enemy analysis was gotten to by pressing the C-Up button. There were a couple lines of text and that was it. There weren't a bunch of menus to traverse with god awfully slow text. It was fast and informative. I remember not being able to defeat the Wolfos,because they kept blocking me and Navi was there to help me out. Nothing that felt like it took me out of the game, just simple information. As for Fi's voice....I find it atrocious and wanted to shoot myself whenever she talked. Seriously, I started playing my second playthrough of the game and stopped when I got to Fi, because I was like, "Oh **** No! Not this again." To be fair, I let one of my friends borrow it and now it's about three hours north of me and I haven't had a chance to get it back. But still, Fi is one of the main reasons that has kept me from wanting to replay the game. I didn't enjoy her as a character (because she had no personality...and don't give me that crap about robots not having personality....R2 ****ing D2 is a robot and he has infinite more character than Fi) and I certainly didn't enjoy her telling me stuff. All she says is that there is a 98% chance you should go straight.....No **** Sherlock. She even took the fun out of any of the puzzles by forcing her information on you. Fi had great potential to slowly gain emotion as the game went on, but didn't until the very end when Nintendo just tacked on character development for her. I was glad when she was sealed away.

Onto bosses. The bosses of Skyward Sword were excellent. Really my only complaint was that I didn't like that Ghirahim was overused. If he was used in his first fight and then in his final fight, I would have been perfectly happy. But giving him three fights just felt lazy. Yes, every fight was different, but it would have been nice to have a different boss used. Like I said, Ghirahim wasn't terrible. What was terrible was the Demise fight. That one really was basically the same just with mild tweaks. And no I wasn't a fan of the Groose part either, but maybe that's just because I never jumped on the whole Groose bandwagon thing. Maybe that'll change in later playthroughs though. Who knows? Honestly I think that bosses might be the single worst thing about modern Zelda games. They no longer really offer the challenge that they use to. I really think the whole boss idea needs to be changed and not in the way that Skyward Sword did it.

Swimming. I won't argue that Skyward Sword had some really good water controls. My complaint is why the hell weren't they actually used more often. You really only use them to get the musical notes....which was stupid as ****.....and served no purpose other than being a road block and a chore. There could have easily been a water dungeon instead of two fire dungeons....again felt lazy.

Goddess Cubes. Again realized that I have just come from doing a 100% run of Wind Waker and couldn't help but notice things that it looked like Skyward Sword tried to emulate, but failed. One of these was the Goddess Cubes. With the Wind Waker, it made sense to get treasure maps that lead to treasure with it being a piratey(is that a word?)/ocean game. It gives you the feeling of finding glorious rupees under the sea in order to buy other glorious treasure that's only useful in video games. With Skyward Sword it just felt stupid and obnoxious and tedious and boring and oh god why can't the cube just be a chest itself!? It was again a ROAD BLOCK that Skyward Sword presented me. It's funny how that word keeps appearing in this rant. Scratch that, it's not funny...it's annoying as hell. Even though it probably took longer to sail to the treasure on the Great Sea, it felt right and not out of place. Skyward Sword's use just felt bad.

Oh joy Exploration time. Skyward Sword had no exploration. Zelda games have always felt like you were on an adventure exploring stuff. Skyward Sword was like, "Hey, you know what would be a good idea? Making the path a ****ing tunnel with nowhere to journey off and find hidden caves and ****. Seriously if there were any secrets in Skyward Sword, they weren't really secret to me. Hell even Twilight Princess, which is argued by some to be the most.. linear Zelda game yet, had more exploration. There were random caves with enemies everywhere. There were Poes hidden in every nook and cranny. And the areas actually felt like you were exploring something new....which brings me to my next point.

Areas. Skyward Sword didn't feel like a true world. It felt like the paintings from Super Mario 64, which while great for that game, was not great for Zelda. And to top it off there were only three paintings to choose from. I'm all for reusing areas....but to only use three....now that's just stupid. While each area was cool the first time you went there....coming back didn't feel like you were going anywhere new....it felt like oh-hey-there's-also-this-little-part-of-an-area-you've-already-been-to-that-is-now-accessible kind of things. I love Zelda games because I can go to a firey place and stop by some place full of snow and maybe a forest and a desert....you know different areas. Skyward Sword's 3 just felt lacking.

While we're on the topic of bad exploration we might as well mention the floating islands in the sky. Again just played Wind Waker so can't help but make the connections, but why were there so many useless islands? Again felt like a Hey-let's-copy-Wind-Waker-but-not-as-well type of things. I would have loved to have mini caves to go exploring for rupees or heart pieces or whatever....I just wanted something....is that too much to ask? I guess so, because the only use the served was to hold the treasure chests that I had already essentially found on the surface.

The Sidequests are next on the chopping block. Where to start....Oh I know! How about the fact that they were all fetch quests? Okay not all....but a large enough were that I noticed and it pissed me off. Fetch Quests aren't bad.....but they shouldn't be overused like the were in Skyward Sword. It just felt like someone told me to find something on the surface...I found it....and brought it back. Nothing more. Even in other games when you did a sidequest, at least it felt like you were doing something important and not just being an errand boy. I think most of Skyward Sword's problems came with subtle issues where it did something slightly off and it ruined the experience. I had no motivation to really do anything for anyone other than the fact that I might get a heart piece out of it.

Well it's 3:00 AM right now and I think I'm starting to run out of complaints about Skyward Sword. Again I don't truly hate it. There's just a lot of little things that add up and cause me to become frustrated with the game. That being said, there were some great parts. The Silent Realms were great and I loved Zelda's character in Skyward Sword. I thought that was done very nice. Overall it's a great game, just not what I would have wanted I guess.

So yeah that's the Zelda game that I hate the most in a (rather long) nutshell.

Skyward Sword, it disappointed me so much that i couldnt bring myself to like it and the more i play it and thin about it the more disappointed i get, they could have done so much more and following games like Wind waker and Twilight Princess, SS feels as if it should have come before all of them in content amount, length and level design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom