• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Least Favorite Zelda Game

What is your least favorite Zelda game?

• The Legend of Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zelda II

• A Link to the Past

• Link's Awakening

• Ocarina of Time

• Majora's Mask

• Oracle of Seaons

• Oracle of Ages

• Four Swords

• Wind Waker

• Four Swords Adventures

• Minish Cap

• Twighlight Princess

• Phantom Hourglass

• Spirit Tracks

• Skyward Sword

• Undecided

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My least favorite game was The Minish Cap. There was way too much room for error with the Kingstone Pieces, it was too short of a game, and overall it wasn't that hard. The storyline was pretty good, and I did like some of the items, but I hate to say that it's my least favorite. Even though it's my least favorite, I still love it. It is a Zelda game and it was still fun. Just not as fun as the others. Now that I think about it, I have a craving to play the Minish Cap right now!

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
While I actually like AoL, I think it's my least favourite Zelda game because of the fact that I have to be in a specific mood to play the game; if I feel like challenging myself, I'll play it; otherwise, I won't.

Warbad

Gotta love me!
I really dont have a least favorite Zelda game. I love them all despite the difficulty or concept. But....if I would be to choose one :(
It would be Zelda II. I know I said I dont care about the difficulty. They really put stuff that wasnt even needed like extra monsters that appear in places you didnt even think of. And part of choosing this game is that there are enemies that do INSTA KILL. WTF BRO??!?!?!?!?
Well, at least for the Japanese version...( yes, I only played the Japanese version)

M

Majora'sRemains

I have to say Wind Waker is definitely my least favorite. I never played the sequels, but I can assume they're just as bad. (especially, considering what was said about them.) Wind Waker, to me, was an utter disappointment and I don't even consider it a part of the Zelda franchise.

I wasn't partial to the graphics - they just felt cheap, and frankly it seemed like the design team didn't even try and put effort into them. They were just slapped on, and the game was sent about on it's merry way. There was no detail, and I'm a stickler for detail, so that was a big thing to me. Cell shading is good for anime, and that's about it. I couldn't take those graphics seriously and it hindered me delving myself into the story and plot.

The story line was lacking, and took much too long to come together. It just seemed like they were drawing it out, for the sake of drawing it out and having a longer game to sell. Even when it did start to build, it just wasn't that interesting to me. I will say this - the only interesting thing about the story line was the fact that it hinted at being a direct sequel to Ocarina of Time's story line; the fact that Hyrule was dragged under water after a hero was sent back in time, etc.

Plus, once the story line started building, the game play became much too tedious.

I mean really... first we go through all those temples... then we have to collect a bunch of maps, only so we can turn around and collect that many more triforce pieces. Quite frankly, hunting for that stuff in all that ocean was nothing short of aggravating.

Which, brings me to my final point. TOO MUCH OCEAN. There was waaay too much ocean, and that boat didn't nearly go fast enough. Relying on the wind was a pain - if you had no wind, you didn't move. I would play a boating game if I wanted the feel of really sailing. Plus, as Shadsie mentioned, scrambling to get back in the boat while under attack was a major annoyance. You shouldn't have to stop, every time you become encumbered by enemies. Epona doesn't stop on land, so why should the boat stop. (especially with so much ocean to escape to.)

Wind Waker was just... ugh. So much could have been done, and yet so little was given.

E

Ems

The Adventure of Link, hands down, is the worst LoZ game I've ever played.
The game was practically made to sell Nintendo Power Magazines, because most of the things you need to do noone would ever think of. For example there is a Hidden Village later in the game where you have to click on a square in a forest area to reveal. Who would guess that?
Plus the extra lives are ridiculous. You can find them throughout the game, and you can only find them once, but if you save or die you lose them. You can get extra lives by building additional exp after maxing your stats, but it takes fricking forever.
Oh, btw the leveling system can screw you too. If you're at the end of a temple and are close to leveing up, you better level up before you beat it or all of that grinding will be a wasted effort. Bosses give Exp, but you also get a free Level-up when you finish a temple, which resets your exp to 0.

That game has all of my hate.

L

loman

I was not a big fan of Majora's Mask. The three-day time limit was incredibly irritating, forcing you to backtrack and do a load of stuff you had already done. There was also too much side-questing, not enough main story, I had to go around saving all these people I didn't care about getting masks which did irrelevant things I didn't much care about either. Of the main four masks, the Goron one was the only cool one, the Deku was annoying to control and had no good attacks, the Zora swim function was cool alright, but it took so long to dive, then swim again.

I was frankly shocked when I started visiting Zelda websites and saw how much love it gets amongst the community, yes it has a dark and atmospheric story, but so what? OOT's story is a thousand times more impressive.

Another low-on-the-scale game is The Wind Waker, all that ocean, the lack of dungeons, all that running around trying to find the Triforce maps, then running around again trying to get the shards, the endless tedium if you decide to find the buried treasures. Cool ending though, the intro is also very cool.

F

Fenzen

My least favorite was Four Swords Adventures. I was really fun, but not so much in the way Zelda normally is. I personally didn't like the disconnected overworld, the inability to retain items, and the lack of an economy. All those things worked in the game, but I would've preferred a game where those things didn't have to work.

M

micahartist

Gotta be the Windwaker

Like many posts I just read, i agree windwaker wasn't the best, but other than that im not going to mention any zeldas for the DS because i haven't even taken the time to try any of the zeldas for the ds just to make sure i can't have a bad zelda experience. WW isn't bad because it was easy, which it was not gonna lie, but i don't like it simply because of what it led to.

I do not at all care for its style of graphics, compared to that of, let's say, TP. Fans of WW pushed for its style in the next zelda game and that's how skyward sword ended up having that almost hybrid look of the TP and WW together. Except it looked as if the style was more like that of WW's. And WW also lead to all those real disappoints on the DS such as PH and that one with the train that i have not even brought myself the effort of trying to remember the name. Besides leading Zelda's style in graphics askew from my favorite style in TP, Windwaker isn't all too bad.

What bothered me most was the simplicity of the game and how everything in it seemed to be a giant tutorial. You couldn't even free roam the seas until after you acquire the third pearl (or maybe it was the second don't quote me on that i'm not completely sure). Not only was it simple but even the combat had no diversity whatsoever. it was basic hack n slash junk with the occasional use of an item and a counter attack by pressing A. Dungeons seemed to take you step by step and bosses did not require any thinking to overcome. And don't even get me started on traveling by boat. Overall the game was a mumbo jumbo of almost repetitive seeming gameplay.

Although, don't get me wrong i still enjoyed the game very much and it was definitely worth getting. And i have beaten the game many times. I'm only ripping on it so much because it's my least favorite and that's what this thread is about. The one thing i legitimately do not like is the graphics and the influences it had on skyward sword and many other titles (Apparently the next big zelda in 2014 is taking after SS's graphic style so i blame WW as being the root of all that cheery looking turd). Anyway WW stands as the lowest among the LoZ titles i have come to know and if anybody reading this knows anybody working on the 2014 zelda for wii-U please get em to think about ditching the cheery look and bringin back the sexy TP graphics i fell in love with. :puppy: pretty please :)

There really isn't one that I haven't liked so far, but I haven't played them all yet.

I finally got around to playing SS and I've only beaten the first dungeon but it's not drawing me in like the rest of the titles have.

And I've never played AoL, because I've read plenty of things about it. I'll eventually get to it though, but I keep putting it off.

DS titles, only Zelda games I can't even playthrough totally because of boredom/frustration.

Besides those games though, I would have to say Wind Waker. The great ocean killed that game for me. The Triforce fetch quest was just terribly boring and repetitive. I know they wanted to make the Ocean the main theme of that game, but they could of made the boat mechanics different. Instead of making all the enemies like lame avoidable mini-games and making the ocean so big, they could of did it differently. The overworld in Zelda games is one of the best parts of it, each niche and cranny holds different secrets. In Wind Waker just lame treasure chest every where, which actually you were forced to borily farm for needed rupees( I would rather get rupees killing monsters and cutting grass on the way to dungeons). Everything else in Wind Waker was pretty good though, the story, the music is some of the best, the combat is not too bad. The dungeons were good in Wind Waker, but there were only 7 dungeons in that whole game.

L

laxforever013

My least favorite zelda game is the Adventure of Link.

3 reasons why It's not my least favorite Zelda game:

- The magic bar feature is extremely helpful
- You can actually go into towns and interact with the people.
- The Downward Thrust is FUNNNNNN

3 reasons why It's my least favorite Zelda game:

- Everytime you die you have to start right back where you started. I mean, In LoZ, if you died in a dungeon, they would just send you back to the entrence. But in this game, you have to walk ALL the way back to the palace, while avoiding those cookie cutter sillouette things that bring you into a side scrolling scene you didn't even intend to be in!
- I hate the overworld. Too big, you can't fight with your sword and shield, and it's just easy to get lost or know where anything is.
- Why is Death Mountain at the beginning of the game? It's the freaking hardest part of the game! There's enemies in Death Mountain that are merciless, like the Red Dairas.

Minish Cap. If Twilight Princess is criticized for being Ocarina of Time 2, then Minish Cap is A Link to the Past 2 with a terrible gimmick, which I find to be a worse crime.

Last edited:

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Spirit Tracks.

It doesn't even seem like a Zelda game. I wonder if it isn't one of those instances where the Big N said, "Ya know, we got this idea for a game but it would be so much better if it involved one of our franchise characters."

I seriously hated Spirit Tracks and Phantom Hourglass! Besides Ocarina of Time on 3DS, Zelda games suck on Nintendo DS. Horrible graphics, and I mean, really, Link with a train? What? A sequel to Wind Waker was NOT needed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom