• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Least Favorite Zelda Game

What is your least favorite Zelda game?

• The Legend of Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zelda II

• A Link to the Past

• Link's Awakening

• Ocarina of Time

• Majora's Mask

• Oracle of Seaons

• Oracle of Ages

• Four Swords

• Wind Waker

• Four Swords Adventures

• Minish Cap

• Twighlight Princess

• Phantom Hourglass

• Spirit Tracks

• Skyward Sword

• Undecided

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i love zelda, and it pains me to choose my least favorite. but it would have to be the adventure of link. its had bad gameplay and no storyline.

W

Watemage

I have played most games, (most of the gameboy SNES games on simulators all the wii came cube and N64 games and touched on PH (not played through it was terrible)

I have to say to adequately answer to this post I will have to separate the consoles.

As I have played most of the early and gameboy games on simulators, although I would agree with all the people posting here that they were really easy to play through the bosses were actually hard :) because of the controls.

SO anyway, the SNES games were good for their time but I honestly cannot play through them again, we have long entered the generation of 3D graphics and all so they are long gone for me. (in a way these titles would be the worse)

I never really like any gameboy titles either although MC is very well done.

and finally I have NEVER felt the same way as I did playing through ocarina of time with ANY other title in the 3D series. In my humble opinion I think the designers created an awesome game and have been stealing from it since then.

To elaborate, Majora's Mask: I neer liked the saving system and have personally enjoyed taking my time through a dungeon while in this game everything had to be done fast because (if you didn't use a strategy guide, you never knew what was ahead of you).

Wind Waker: That was more fun than other titles and the graphics eventually grew on me. The sailing though was horrible, too much time and not enough land

Twilight Princess: It was a great first experience with the new graphics but the ominous style of the game made me think that the designers took the cartoon graphics all the way to the other end. The game was not creepy or anything but it was way too dark for my taste.

Finally Skyward Sword: again the same problem as with WW, too much air not enough land for my taste. Also the consumables mad me go through the timeline and I honestly don't like where the games are going.

Ocarina of time personally felt like it had the perfect amount of everything. The land felt huge (even though it really wasn't that big) dungeons that were associated still were somewhat apart (that element was present in other games as well) and the side quests were of the right amount. To that last one, all I will say is this, all upgrades were challenges that you could NOT miss, the biggoron sword which was great was fairly easy to understand how to obtain (all timed quests told you exactly where to go) and the gold scultulas which were the hardest to find in my opinion gave you something that there was not much use for (more of a status item than anything else).

All side quests starting with Majora's Mask became way to important in my opinion after Ocarina.

So anyway, not just one title for me :)

I refuse to acknowledge Spirit Tracks, so Majora's Mask is honestly my least favourite. It's just irritating, and I can barely get through it. The story can be considered dark, and the concept of a limited time to complete tasks is irritating. I hate the reset button being pushed on me, and that's what that game feels like to me.

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
Spirit tracks was awful, it didn't improve upon PH and was far shorter, aLso the train sucks and there is nothing to do in the wilderness areas (no treasure charts or power gems t look for, insted we get those easy to get stamps and stupid overworld bunnies), and why are all the sidequests "take X to Y on your train"? the train is stupid, why is almost all the optional content made on the thing that only works for getting from point A to point B?

Also, for comparison, PH had 8 dungeons (13 if you count each TotOK visit) and ST only had 6 (11 if you count each tower of spirits visit), why make your sequel shorter?

The storyline sucked, PH's plot wasn't shakespeare but it had it's surprises and twists and stuff, ST had like 3 plot critical points (Start, Malladus revival, End), while PH had a lot (Start, Ciela is the spirit of courage, Tetra is a stone!, Meet Zaus, Forge the sword, End).

Something that baffles me is the way they manage to make zelda BOTH a playable character during some points and a damsell in distress during the whole game (bonus points for she being kind of selfish)

In my opinion Nintendo didn't even bother improving with this one

The Joker

<span style="text-shadow:2px 2px 4px Purpl
I'd say any one of the CD-I Zeldas. Terrible movie scenes and hard gameplay make me cringe. But as far as official Zelda games go, I'd say The Adventures of Link; I couldn't even find the first dungeon in that one.

Maybe A Link to the Past... but it is really difficult to decide. I love Wind Waker. Four Swords Adventures is actually a really good game. I've spent hours upon hours of my life trying to beat the impossible hero's trials in the wonderfully free Four Swords re-release. When I defeated Adventure of Link, I realized it really was a good game, despite its horribly high difficulty. I really enjoyed Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks even though both were far too easy. Those are the usual complaints. All 16 Zelda games are great, but despite its impact on the series as a whole, and its own great merit, compared to the rest of the games, ALTTP falls just a tiny step beneath the rest for me. Its puzzles feel slightly duller, its characters slightly less vivid. A bad game? Of course not. But compared to such great competition, it remains at the bottom for me.

My least favorite is Majora's Mask. There was absolutely nothing that I liked in that game... I haven't even finished it yet...

H

hyrulechevalier

I would have to say my least favorite game is a tie between Phantom Hour Glass and Spirit Tracks. Im not a huge fan of using the pen to maneuver, plus I just did not enjoy the set up at all. Im also not a huge fan of the new skyward sword. While yes the graphics are good and it embraces a new way of playing by using the wii to swing your sword ect. Im not sure if its just me, but I have so much trouble getting the sword to swing the right way. Also I find Fi extremely annoying, she is like Navi times ten. Every step of the game is told to you and it leaves almost nothing for the gamer to figure out on their own. I liked the good old zeldas, where you were stuck on one part for weeks or even months just wandering around because you had no idea what step to take next.

Phantom Hourglass is dull and repetitive, in my opinion. It is not an awful game, but it is terrible compared to most other Zelda games. The music in particular is bad - with one exception; Linebeck's Theme.

I found Spirit Tracks great, I don't think it is very similar to Phantom Hourglass if I'm honest. It initially looks it, but it succeeds where Phantom Hourglass failed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom