• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Least Favorite Zelda Game

What is your least favorite Zelda game?

• The Legend of Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zelda II

• A Link to the Past

• Link's Awakening

• Ocarina of Time

• Majora's Mask

• Oracle of Seaons

• Oracle of Ages

• Four Swords

• Wind Waker

• Four Swords Adventures

• Minish Cap

• Twighlight Princess

• Phantom Hourglass

• Spirit Tracks

• Skyward Sword

• Undecided

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My least favorite Zelda game is probably Majora's Mask.

Reasons why? Well, the reason why everyone loves it so much is the reasons why I hate it.

- The three-day mechanic
- The fact that there is only four dungeons in the entire game irritates me
- It might have the best character development, but I hate sidequests.
- The fact that you're in an alternate universe makes me angry. I feel like you don't even feel connected to the area you're in because you just leave it and never come back.

There's more, but I'll stop now so I don't make too many people angry.

C

chiapet900

There is no bad zelda game other than the CD-I games. WW is one of my favorite games, and so is PH, it was amazing.

S

SHADE_link

Why is there so much hate for WW?

As far as the game itself, I feel like the art was refreshing. It was vibrant, colourful, and showed a new side to Zelda that was never considered before. Personally, breaking away from that same serious, dark(er) theme that presided in the franchise (especially OoT & MS, and you could argue that they went overboard with TP) showed Zelda's flexibility, and the fact that the games could still go to places the players cold not imagine yet.

While it was not the most difficult game of the series, how does that make it any less fun? The only part I don't like at all in the game was the fortress at the start. It was very tedious and boring.

Music: have you listened to Dragon Roost Island Theme? Plus the fact that Link had a baton instead of a traditional instrumental influence was really unique too.

The exploration was also really new, and it gave the game a sense of depth. It takes time to adventure around an entire land! Yeah, it gets long (especially that last quest...), but it never really takes away from that sense of adventure.

I really could go on, but the fact that WW is always looked down upon is kind of sad, especially when people criticise it right away for the art.

That being said, PH is the worst game of the series. ST was a better step in the right direction (thank god no Ocean King's temple), but the DS franchise has yet to reach a level of "awesome" Zelda handheld games like OoS/OoA. Those games will always be amazing.

O

Omancer

Wow, so much dislike for Wind Waker. It makes me sad. :(
I can't really say I hated or totally disliked any of the games, but my least favorite would definitely have to be Spirit Tracks.

The whole train system was (terrible pun incoming) a train wreck. It was so unenjoyable it wasn't even funny. Not only were you limited to going certain directions, they had those enemy trains that you would have to work around just to get somewhere, and if they hit you that's it. Game Over. Maybe if you were able to actually kill them it would have been a little better, but instead you could only stun them.

That's not to say I didn't like the gameplay though, it played just like Phantom Hourglass and that's fine. I liked the look, the feel, the world, the story, etc. Pretty much everything but the train. It was a disaster of a mechanic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tictalk

Anouki
I understand where your comming from, but the four dungeons in the game are some of the longest, hardest, funnest, and best of the series. As for it being set in another dimmension I don't think that that should effect your opinion on it because in the end it dosnt really matter exactly where it is.

Out of the 11 I've played/completed (see sig) the worst is, by a long-shot, 4 swords (anniversary edition). Too short, barely any story, and horrible music. If that game doesn't count though, then I'd probably say Spirit Tracks, mainly due to the tedious train system

iMadMax

Zelda Masta
my least favorite zelda game was probably AoL just because it was so frustrating. I mean its still fun but its really hard to enjoy a game that is that difficult. Its easily one of the hardest games ive played

N

Nubby

Skyward Sword is the worst Zelda game made to date. It kills me to say this but it is true. I am a Zelda SuperFreak. I own almost every Zelda game for every system and I still think that Skyward sword is the worst. It is not the game, the game is awesome. It's the controls. I have never had this much trouble controlling a video game until I tried playing this game. The controls are horrible. I wish Nintendo gave you an option. Play using the Wii motion or play using an old GameCube controller. I found while playing with the Wii Motion controller, I am constantly centering the pointer on the monitor. This is extremely difficult to do while in the middle of game-play. Don 't get me wrong, I love Zelda games, but I hate the controls on this one. (Skyward Sword) Hey Nintendo!: sell the rights to Zelda games to XBox, and I bet their would be a record in sales. Sorry, but the truth hurts. -Comments Welcome-

C

Chase

WW. Tried to play it and hated it. Stopped. Tried out PH, hated it. Stopped. Never going to try out ST because of how much I hate the whole toon link thing. I despise it actually, I think its the worst addition(s) of the series. The other games are better suited for my standards, though I thought SS was the easiest Zelda game I have ever played, despite how long it was.

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand where your comming from, but the four dungeons in the game are some of the longest, hardest, funnest, and best of the series. As for it being set in another dimmension I don't think that that should effect your opinion on it because in the end it dosnt really matter exactly where it is.

I'll argue that a mixture of OoT, TP, and SS had the longest, hardest, and most fun dungeons in the game.

The fact that it's in another dimension irritates me because I can't connect to any of the people. I can't connect myself and immerge myself into the story in general because it just bothers me. The fact that you go back in time and undo everything you've already done bugs me because I feel like all the work I did for a person whent to waste.

I don't know, it's different and I don't argue that different is bad. I can understand why so many people love it, but the main features that make it such a great game irritate me and I don't think there's anything wrong with it. No other game felt like a chore playing it other than that one, so that's why I picked it as my least favorite Zelda.

Tictalk

Anouki
Well I'll give you that you couldn't play it unless you had a solid hour avilable. :) despite that though MM is one of my favorite games of all time. Did you feel that games like LA or twilight princess weren't as good cause they didn't connect to other games very well or did you only feel that way about majoras mask?

Out of the 11 I've played/completed (see sig) the worst is, by a long-shot, 4 swords (anniversary edition). Too short, barely any story, and horrible music. If that game doesn't count though, then I'd probably say Spirit Tracks, mainly due to the tedious train system

Just quoting myself because I want to update: I have now finished 13 zelda games. I have a new least favourite - the adventure of link. Yes there's difficult, but then there's TOO difficult...

MW7

Spirit Tracks- I feel bad because it is still a great game, and in some respects it is a really strong Zelda game. For instance I love the puzzles and the overall difficulty of the game (seriously it's the hardest game in the series since Oracle of Ages). However, the overworld makes me want to cry. The train is well executed, but IMO it is the worst idea ever implemented in a Zelda game. A method of transport that is confined to lines on a map is so out of place in a series that once embraced exploration. I understand the times are changing, but Spirit Tracks was way too linear and the train is a huge reason why.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom