• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Least Favorite Zelda Game

What is your least favorite Zelda game?

• The Legend of Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zelda II

• A Link to the Past

• Link's Awakening

• Ocarina of Time

• Majora's Mask

• Oracle of Seaons

• Oracle of Ages

• Four Swords

• Wind Waker

• Four Swords Adventures

• Minish Cap

• Twighlight Princess

• Phantom Hourglass

• Spirit Tracks

• Skyward Sword

• Undecided

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Majora's Mask.
I always felt that something was wrong playing that game.
I also always felt incredibly stressed. Time's running out!

D

Darcknut

Adventure of link, no question. The game just didn't feel like a zelda game. After playing it I had to force myself to beat it just so I could say that I've beaten every Zelda game. Out of the new games I would have to go with Spirit Tracks. I just didn't like the whole on rails thing and I didn't find the dungeons to be very good. Oh and don't get me started on the Cdi games hahah

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Skywerd Sord is my least favorite Zelda game. It lacks the Zelda feel to it, partly due to its story and partly due to the boredom it presents me. SS frustrates me. The frustration I get from SS is totally different from the frustration I get when playing Zelda II:Adventure of Link.

In AoL, I die. A LOT. Enemies hit me all the time. I lose my progress multiple times in a row. Frustration, comes from that. But that's just because I suck at the game. It's hard and I can't overcome it.

In SS, though. The enemies die. A LOT. There is zero challenge. The game looks goofy. Had it been titled "Legend of Fanfic: Fanfic Sword" I think I'd appreciate it more. Because that what SS feels like -- a fanfic. Mary Sue characters galore but this time they get characterization. Ooh, stunning. SS just bores me to death, and that frustration is the worst kind.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
From the games I've played so far, my least favorite would have to be Spirit Tracks. Not only does this game bug to no end, it wasn't fun for me. I thought it was nice that they finally ditched the boat concept, but the train wasn't much better. And Nintendo, I really prefer moving Link and other characters by + pad, not by touching the screen.

I'll admit the story in ST was 10 times better than what was told in PH, but there was a HUUUUGE GAP in between story and gameplay. That was terrible. In games such as Skyward Sword it balanced both storyline and gameplay very well. Whereas in Spirit Tracks, you start off with such a great story, spend the entire game fighting through dungeons, get a little bit of story, more dungeons, and then the rest of the story + final boss. Ridiculous....

The puzzles in this game weren't bad, but the dungeons as a whole were fairly easy. The mini-bosses, didn't feel like mini-bosses. Some of the dungeon bosses I thought: "Is this all?" The enemies were typical, and I felt like they barely put up a fight. I was disappointed.

In all, I seriously didn't like this game, and I wish they could have done a better job with this game. This is just my opinion though.

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
Honestly....this is hard to choose. Besides the CD-i titles, Zelda has never really had a "bad" game. I love all of the console titles to death. However, I am not big on the Oracles or Minish Cap, but that's probably because they were made by Capcom, so they were a bit different from Nintendo's style. Don't get me wrong though, they're still Zelda games and I still liked them. Minish Cap has got to be my least favorite though.

MC had a weird graphic style, to say the least. Generally, I don't like the style, it just doesn't feel like Zelda to me. Just every time I looked at them, I'd think: "This is one of the main Zelda titles?" Also, some of the quests were annoying, such as all of the stones you have to find. Some of the music in it I just find redundant, while some tracks I just love. Speaking of music, Royal Valley has got to be the freakiest music in all of the series. It gives me the shivers, I kid you not.

Lastly, Vaati was way too hard. Nintendo usually makes their final bosses a little difficult, but not too frustrating and flat-out unfair, and not too long either. With Vaati, you have to go through three rooms of tough enemies before reaching him. Then he has three phrases, and you have to do that all without dying, or else you start over.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
For me there's no doubt about it - it's Adventures of Link. I keep trying to play it, wanting to at least be able to say I have given it a proper attempt, but it's so damn frustrating. Even some of the simpler enemies are downright impossible to beat, and I'm not a stranger to playing games that require quick reflexes... I keep dying and keep having to make my way back to the temple and it makes me want to chuck my 3DS into the wall :S

"The Legend of Zelda" is my least favorite Zelda title.

Similar to what I think about Pokémon Red and Blue, if it were not the first game in the series, I don't believe it would be getting nearly as much praise as it does now. Despite it being one of the most innovative titles at the time of its release, I find the game to be overall boring and uninteresting, compared to most of the Zelda games that are available today. My answer might be a little biased as I grew up on 3D Zelda games, but it's just a humble opinion. :D

My least favorite Zelda game would have to be Spirit Tracks. I like all Zelda games, but that was the one who just couldn't hold my attention.
The train was boring, slow, and I didn't like how if there was another train that decided to turn, you had to figure out something or start over.

It's a close tie with AoL, though. That game is just too frustrating. >.<

B

BENDROWNED

i am BEN the worst zelda game is PH and PH u shouldnt have done that.

Earthtemple

The Windfish's Therapist
Spirit Tracks had the potential to be a great game. Three things absolutely ruined it for me.

1. Tower Of Spirits
No matter what anyone says, this was not an improvement over the Temple of the Ocean King. The stealth element became more frustrating, and having to work both yourself and Zelda around got annoying fast.

2. Trains
Age-old complaint. I just couldn't stand the train. I hated the trains that could hit you and kill you. I just wanted to be able to set a route and put down my DS because the train was so boring, but you couldn't because of the possessed trains. The part before the final boss really put that nail in the coffin, I just had no desire to do it.

3. Controls
First of all, the flute. Why couldn't I just play it like the ocarina? I never owned a DS Lite, which had the best microphone. It usually took me upwards of 10 tries to get a song right because the mic would cut out. That was a major flaw in gameplay to me. Also, the final boss, protecting zelda. The touch controls seriously got on my nerves here. I would make it more than halfway, then make one mistake because of the broken control scheme and have to start all over. That part took me literally one hour because I couldn't get used to the controls. I understand this could be a complaint for Phantom Hourglass as well, but there weren't any parts in PH that clearly illustrated the flaw of touch control like ST could.

2 saving graces for spirit tracks, just barely making the game enjoyable.

1. Dungeons other than the ToS

2. The duet with Zelda at the end.

Either PH or AoL. PH had a not-so-great soundtrack, and it was waaaaay too easy. The dungeons and enemies sucked, and the fricking sailing. But, it was my first Zelda game, so I have good memories with it. AoL was annoying how enemies come out of nowhere, and... grrrrr...
THE STUPID CAVES!!!!!!1!!11!!1

i go with tp beacuse i hated the wolf part it was to dark and emo in a diffrent way then mm was. i couldent even get through the game with out getting pissed

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom