• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Least Favorite Zelda Game

What is your least favorite Zelda game?

• The Legend of Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zelda II

• A Link to the Past

• Link's Awakening

• Ocarina of Time

• Majora's Mask

• Oracle of Seaons

• Oracle of Ages

• Four Swords

• Wind Waker

• Four Swords Adventures

• Minish Cap

• Twighlight Princess

• Phantom Hourglass

• Spirit Tracks

• Skyward Sword

• Undecided

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
My least favourite is Minish Cap, for some reason I've just never been able to get through it. It feels to me like something is missing... I don't know, I don't really have a reason I suppose so I'll move on. I dislike any game when played on DS because it's annoying and one of the things I love about Zelda is you feel like you're in the game. However, you can't get that feeling playing on a handheld console. Plus WW and ST have the cartoon graphics that distract from good storylines. :(

C

Cookie Monster

Most annoying: LTTP (I died sooooo many times on my first playthrough)

Most hated:
2D Oracle of Ages/Season
3D Wind Waker

I don't hate any Zelda game, I just never felt the urge to replay these games after I beat them.

T

Thrashoholic

My least favorite is Wind Waker. It's a great game, I just don't have the urge to replay it like I do for basically all of the other Zelda games.

Spirit Tracks is definitely my least favorite Zelda. It was the first Zelda game I put down for a while because I got bored of it. There's really no freedom of travel in the overworld, because you're on a train the whole time. You can change which rails you're on, but that's about it other than speeding up of slowing down. There's no thrill for me about being "on rails" the whole time. (Someone said that during the Zelda Marathon) The other thing I didn't like was the pan flute. I could never get it to work right on my first or second try because of the mic or because of the timing. Maybe I have to give it a second playthrough, but I'd rather play something else.

HyruleLove

Twilight Princess
Phantom Hourglass, I just did not enjoy it. It was a chore to finish, I procrastinated a lot till I actually told myself I had to finish it. Finding treasure was a pain, and sailing -__- an even bigger pain. I was totally dissapointed with Bellum. What a measly looking "boss!"

Z

Zora'sDomain

Skyward Sword is the worst in my opinion.
It started out pretty good but the overworld SUCKS because everything is separated. You have to go up in the sky (which by the way is boring and ugly) before you can go to another area.

I hated the goddess cubes. Seriously what's the point of locking the treasure chests instead of hiding them in secret areas like in the old games? I know they tried something new but that was just pointless and not needed.
ALL of the enemies are pretty much the same in the way they act. How you have to slice them up the opposite way they are covering themselves.
The stamina meter is ridiculously annoying. I do like how link can run but the rolling became more complex because you basically had to walk forward while holding A while shaking the nunchuck.

The motion controls are really annoying because if you are in combat and swing the remote the wrong way and you try to center yourself, it registers a swing so it only messes up your attack even more. I had that issue a lot. Controls should just work and not be about trial and error. Oh and you have to center the controller all the freaking time!

The game did not feel like a Zelda game (to me) and there's not much you can do in the game. Nothing to explore in the overworld because it's so empty and dull.

If the next Zelda game is going to use the same formula (locked treasure chests, 1:1 motion controls, no interesting overworld, separated areas, Same enemies with different design, short dungeons) then I would cry...

Least favorite is definitely Wind Waker. Exploration is a huge thing in Zelda games, WW completely got rid of exploration with your means of travel in this game. Sailing. How I hated the sailing. The map in WW is HUGE, maybe the biggest map of any Zelda game, but they did nothing with 90% of it. It's nothing but sea. Only completionists will actually find something of value out there, but us normal people are going to hate it! The sailing took forever and got old immediately, even after you get the teleporting song sailing still takes way to long. I would usually just point Link in the right direction, then change the channel and watch TV for a bit because nothing even happened while you were sailing. Seriously, you wouldn't even get attacked by enemies while sailing! I can't tell you how many times a shark would swim next to me while sailing and do absolutely nothing at all, and on the rare occasion that a shark actually does attempt to attack, he would miss me by a mile. The enemy music became very obnoxious to me because of this. Then there’s that awful triforce fetch quest. Do I even need to say why I hate it so much?
Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks are two more reasons not to like WW. You know what Nintendo did when we complained about the sailing in WW? They took our complaints and threw them out the window, then made PH and made us sail some more. But even though it's annoying, I understand why Link has to sail, it's not like you can just swim across the entire ocean (but that just begs the question of whether or not Nintendo should have flooded all of Hyrule in the first place), so I understand why you have to use such an annoying means of travel. Then ST came out. There's no reason why I should have to use that train because this time there's actually land I could walk on if Link wanted to, but he doesn't want to. Instead of using his legs and walking, Link wants to take that stupid train everywhere. That would be like me getting in my car and driving to my next door neighbor. If it weren't for WW those two crappy games wouldn't even exist.
Then there's the toony graphics. What's the deal? Isn't Zelda one of Nintendo's more serious games? That'd be like taking Halo and making it look like a cartoon for babies, it's just a plain bad idea.
WW just sucks, it's a terible game.

L

Link's Journey

I did not like Ocarina of ti- (Just Kidding.) For me it's going to have to be Oracle of Seasons. The only reason is that i felt the first few dungeons just copied from the original. Where's the creativity in that. And second there's no creativity to the Onox this is Onox's only part in the game (still din, mess up seasons, taunt link to fight him, get killed by link.) The Mako or Maku tree gives almost no information on where to go. and the story is really week. (I played the un linked version) I felt that oracle of ages was way better with a better story, better villian, better dungeons. I liked OoS but it's my least favorite out of all of the zelda games

ZeldaFAYZ6251

Twilight Princess Lover
My least favorite would have to be Phantom Hourglass, it just didn't feel like Zelda anymore and i honestly still play it to say I like all the Zelda Games but it just
didn't reach out to me as others have done, you know? I still play to see if it will somehow change my mind but it hasn't. But this is just my opinion. :D

Skyward Sword wasn't as awesome as it looked when I got it! But I love TP it is my favorite for a different kind of story to it instead of your the chosen hero and go save the princess you might get an ocarina or a mask. They made it a little bit
different with new characters and a Twilight Realm. :D SS had a cool start but a bad end, you know?

Last edited:

New Link

Link's Reincarnation
Mine is ALTTP. Mases would hate me, but i am mad at him because he doesnt like WW, my favorite! Haha, the reason for me not liking ALTTP is beacuse i find it to hard and to land and to boring and to big! I could go through a dungeon a million times just to die right away at the boss. I just don't seem to have fun when i play this game.

AwesomeLink86

Link is awesome!!
Tough question - I'm not sure if I HATE any Zelda game but for me my choice has to be:

The Wind Waker - It did have it's redeeming moments but the game felt "too" cartoony at times, TOO MUCH SAILING, the dungeons left a lot to be desired IMO, boring sidequests (IMO probably the worst), TOO MUCH SAILING, TOO MUCH SAILING, yeah that about covers it.

I don't know if I HATE the game it did get better once you got to Hyrule Castle.

Zelda_1224

Hyrule Knight
I dont like phantom Hourglass. Its mostly because i just cant stand the idea of hand held zeda games, but i really didn't like this game

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom