• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Last person to post wins

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
How's your guy's band doing? The Kingdom, right?
We're doing good.

Previous singer walked, so we're auditioning like 4 or 5 singers, with my requirements that everyone else liked: practices on their own, and has their own equipment.

Previous singer was also quite lazy with his vocals, I could tell he wasn't practicing as often as he should have. So there is a dude that's standing out right now that can sing, practices on his own, and has his own equipment.

Also, the guys and I all have a similar preference, we all prefer singers, and while extreme vocals are cool, they're not necessary. Myself, I'm not after perfection, as perfection is boring, lol.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
Do you guys travel around a lot for venues?
Not really, but the drummer and I are itching to try and get out of the state. Our issue really is funding. Flying 5 dudes out to play plus all our equipment is expensive. Gas also is expensive if we're driving to the venue.

But, that's to be expected. Drummer and I have the same idea. Shoot for the moon and if you miss, you still accomplished a lot.

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Champion
Yeah, I don't know if I told you, but my brother plays the banjo and is now mastering the guitar. He is into older country, and he writes his own songs.

(He also is learning to play the harmonica.)

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
Yeah, I don't know if I told you, but my brother plays the banjo and is now mastering the guitar. He is into older country, and he writes his own songs.

(He also is learning to play the harmonica.)
Country is great!

Especially older country, like Waylon Jennings, Johnny Cash (my favorite), and Willie Nelson. Bluegrass is awesome too, current favorites are Tony Rice, David Grier, and Molly Tuttle.

A lot of modern country seems to be samey to me, both in terms of sound and the colors that come from the sound because of my synesthesia. Lots of bright red, because G Major has a red tint to me, and major keys tend to be bright in palettes to me.

I get it, as the guitar's based around E, and G is relative to it, but, the most stimulating music to me create a variety of sound and color.

Last edited:

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Champion
Country is great!

Especially older country, like Waylon Jennings, Johnny Cash (my favorite), and Willie Nelson. Bluegrass is awesome too, current favorites are Tony Rice, David Grier, and Molly Tuttle.

A lot of modern country seems to be samey to me, both in terms of sound and the colors that come from the sound because of my synesthesia. Lots of bright red, because G Major has a red tint to me, and major keys tend to be bright in palettes to me.

I get it, as the guitar's based around E, and G is relative to it, but, the most stimulating music to me create a variety of sound and color.
Ye, me and my brother listen to a lot of The Highway Men, but he listens to a lot more older country than me...

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Champion
Chevs is active!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Top Bottom