• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Last person to post wins

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
idk if you guys do this but as I draw, tabs and tabs of certain references for certain things start to build up on my chromebook until I have at least 10+ tabs open at once

remember when I sent shots of those ridiculously priced 3d all stars? Well I hid it in the pic but there were A TON of tabs open, a whole mess of them because I had just started the sketching and the lining and I needed them

so for me it's really satisfying to go close them all at once and declutter my computer because it's like, I've finished, I've successfully drawn it and it's done, sorta feeling. So yeah I just did that and it feels awesome, only 4 tabs now

no i really dont like references, because they just overwhelm me. makes it hard to focus abd i just fidget

i will try and do as much from memory unless its unavoidable. but i got a lot of experience just making stuff up from drawing in school cuz i wouldnt have any access to references there

when i draw traditionally, references are a little more manageable, if its only one reference, so i can just pull it up on my phone and look at it as needed... but i still dont have a workspace so its a matter of balancing my phone on my sketchbook on my lap

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
E3UIE5tWQAYvYMa.jpg

@Echolight I think this is an Avatar meme

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
you are so incredible and driven and have stamiba i wish i had echo

i was wondering about all the fish and corals if you were referencing those off real ones somewhere and that melted my braib

thank you <3

tbf the only reason I was able to get that drawing done today was because it was sunday and I was able to stay home all day long and just draw and chill. Tomorrow's gonna have to be pencil

Well the big fish in the front is a royal angelfish, and the orange/yellow fish in the middle was from a random pic of a school of fish. I can't find it now but they exist somewhere lol. And the coral was taken from a bunch of different pics, either real life or drawing references of coral, but I'm pretty sure they all are real coral, though some of the colors might be off because I lost some of the pics by the time I was coloring it. I used this pic for the basic shape of the coral reef, though I didn't like how much of the plants were similar so I looked up different pics of different coral to add in. It was a bit complicated haha

coral-reef-singapore-aquarium-volodymyr-goinyk.jpg

someday i will finally make myself redraw some of the photos ive taken. im actually pretty alright drawing off photographs but i gotta be in the mode. i have too much going on that my mind kind of wanders pretty quick anymore

i actually wanted to draw zuko for a friend's birthday i think it was in 2020? did the sketch, looked great... but then i was hecking dead and never finished it. her birthday is this month i suppose i could actually finish it and surprise her with it this year loll

i have a folder on my phone specifically for refs i use for friend gifts so i dont lose track of them so the ref should still be handy... i hope

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom