• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Last person to post wins

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
moss pics are really fun. i like capturing anything green that looks interesting.

if theres any you wanna share i'd love to see them after you go through them!

..i have like.. uh... 15k photos to go trhoguh and i really dont want to

Yep, nature pics are so fun. Plants are the most relaxing for me tho, because the bugs, especially flying ones, never stay still enough for me to get a good angle. You are so good at capturing them, it's honestly amazing. <3

Whenever I take photos you'll just see me in all these weird positions to try to get really small flowers and grass look big and tall. Sometimes I try to get an angle where the camera's pointed upwards at the flower, and that usually means I have to lie down on my back and hold the camera right over my face under the plant haha

Yep, nature pics are so fun. Plants are the most relaxing for me tho, because the bugs, especially flying ones, never stay still enough for me to get a good angle. You are so good at capturing them, it's honestly amazing. <3

Whenever I take photos you'll just see me in all these weird positions to try to get really small flowers and grass look big and tall. Sometimes I try to get an angle where the camera's pointed upwards at the flower, and that usually means I have to lie down on my back and hold the camera right over my face under the plant haha
i got into insect photography cuz they happened to be in some shots i took in middle school and then it kind of became a goal to capture them. butterflies and bees and wasps were my immediate goals at that age, but i didnt get many opportunities to capture butterflies. skippers are pretty mellow and approachable though

i still do handheld photography because i cant imagine wrastling with a tripod when i gotta be mobile to follow where the bugs go and get angles on them, plus it's big and might scare them... but yeah sometimes awkward positions is what you gotta do. the problem is im short as heck so sometimes i have to take photos blind cuz i cant reach

You caught her midair in that first one, impressive
and ye, that was complete accident. glad she was still in focus when she took off. and in frame. cuz usually they go out of the frame when that happens, especially with long-legged flies who despawn out of existence the moment the shutter goes off

And now I have the Usurper, Grasping for Power in my head
firetome.gif

so something i learned when i replayed bug fables was that one of the things they changed in one of the updates was to intensify the letter animations. so the letters moved way more for me when i played on pc than i did on switch and i actually originally thought it was just a pc thing but no that was like an actual change they made. so all my old bug fables text gifs are not as dramatic as my newer ones

blue dashers and and ruby meadowhawks are rather docile. ive gotten a few to let me hold them. i see blue dashers the most of any species where i live so that they're photogenic and approachable is very nice. i

the other species i encounter are much more shy, and female dragonflies are definitely more skittish than males. but thats why i use my telephoto lens for dragonflies. same with butterflies. it sucks when i have the wrong lens on tho. someday i'll try to get a better system. there are lens adapters that you can stack lenses and i would honestly love to mount my macro lens over my telephoto lens or something cuz i'd love the macro focus with the telephoto focal length... might be a bit unwieldy and front heavy for my cheap plastic camera tho, but i always have my left hand supporting my lens' weight so it might be ok.. that's like a more diy/affordable option compared to specialized lenses but yeh

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom