• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Last person to post wins

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
mi_prettymazaingcover (1).jpg

poorly cropped puppy
Puppy doesn't understand Japanese
"Monster Hunter X (read as "cross," the JP name for MH Generations)
"Farm Story: Important Friend of the Three Villages (must be talking about Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns)"
"Fire Emblem 0 (read as "cipher," an FE trading card game that ended a few years back)
can't read the bottom part, the kanji meaning "transmit" aside

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
"Monster Hunter X (read as "cross," the JP name for MH Generations)
"Farm Story: Important Friend of the Three Villages (must be talking about Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns)"
"Fire Emblem 0 (read as "cipher," an FE trading card game that ended a few years back)
can't read the bottom part, the kanji meaning "transmit" aside
Must be some sort of magazine then I suppose.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
whoa, did you know those titles off the top of your head or can you read some japanese? you're studying it right?
yeah, I've been studying for almost a year now.

well, in the case of FE and MonHun, the katakana used is basically loan words, like Monster Hunter Cross > Mansuta Hanta Kurosu
or Fire Emblem Cipher being Faiya Emuburemu Saifa. Those are pretty simple since they sound like the English versions when they're read out loud. you'll find that a lot with game titles in JP games that are just straight translated to English (ルーンファクトリ/ Ruun Fakutori > Rune Factory)

for the Story of Seasons title, the second word used (物語 - monogatari) before the number is the word for story or tale. The Japanese name for Harvest Moon has always been Ranch Story, so with a bit of two and two (Trio of Towns is the only HM game with a number referenced in the title), I took a guess at it. Though tbh, "Important Friend of the Three Villages" is quite a ways off from Trio of Towns lol

also, the main highlight scroll down the front of the magazine is for Zelda's 30th anniversary being in the "next year(?)" so this was definitely from 2015, if the other games mentioned weren't an indicator of that already

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
on the bulbapedia page for red x yellow there was an offensive content warning to warn angry shippers, i wonder if they still have it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom