• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

L is real 2041?

Something i remembered. On wikipedia I read the 3D engine for this game was an improved super mario 64 engine. I think the improved mario engine was symbloised by this statue.

linkman8

True and Noble
th_mystery12.jpg
this is from Mario

th_mystery22.jpg
this is from OoT

this might be an original LoZ language made by nintendo. i'm still researching. I also noticed that the last symbol on the second picture looks a bit like a japanese or chinese character.

That last symbol looks similar to the Japanese Katakana "O".
Observe:
http://www.tokyowithkids.com/fyi/katakana_chart.html
I study the Japanese language.

It's probably a weird little inside joke made by the programmers...

And it looks like the exact same texture in both games... maybe they were recycling? Or it could have just been part of the joke.

K

Karashimu

Maybe they wanted to establish some connection between the two games?

After all, Ocarina of Time utilizes a modified version of the Mario 64 game engine.

N

Nje789

I will now present to you all the mystical meaning behind the sign messages:

"Ya know what- I think we should put some illegible text on this sign so it looks better"

"..I agree, but I sure hope some gamers don't obsess over it's non-existent meaning"

"LOLWTF?"

Master94

...I come back someday.
Some people thinks that luigi is plyable character at sm64 and some people believe that luigi is playable character at Oot. Only because it has letter L :O.

Thats true. L doesnt necassasrily mean Luigi or whatever in any game. For all "L" gets across, it might as well be lionel richy.

S

skynet136

maybe it like a contest like the cris houlodon room in alttp?

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
It just looks like scribbles to me. I think it's one of those eye illustions, where if you believe you're seeing something, then you'll see it. It's definitely the same sign in Mario as it is in Zelda, but I highly doubt there's English words in those bits and bytes.

Dungeon killer

Dungeon's Shall Fall!
Well um... I don't see anything but a bunch of scribbles. Maybe the programers put it there as a joke or some kinda of riddle. Who know's maybe it was because they were lazy.:thinking::huh:

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
probably just a nintendo insider, although it does seem to imply something... when did luigi's mansion come out? L could mean link or luigi in my opinion.

also their placement inside the games is interesting though i cant make a connection between the garden where the boo's are and dodongo's cavern.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom