• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

L is real 2041?

Master94

...I come back someday.
In ocarina of time at dodongos cavern there is at floor 2 in the main room there is stone sign that says something (i dont remember it now) but if you look it closely you see some text in it.It suys that L is real 2041. the same message in same looking plate is in the super mario 64 (not sure about ds version) in the gardend with many boos is star statue wich says L is real 2041? What that means? Is this one of those zelda/ super mario mystery?

In super mario 64 apparently, L is luigi, and 2041 is a date, and it was, the realease date for paper mario. it meant L is real, 2/04/01.

It looks more like it says 2441 instead of 2041 to me. Anyway, I don't see how this would imply Luigi, since he wasn't actually in the game. And I don't see how it would apply to Zelda at all. They seemingly used the same graphic in both games for a reason. Also, underneath where it says L is real 2441 (or 2041), it has something else, like a name or something. Phil something JR is what it looks like to me.

Welbanks

My mom says im cool...
If you really look at the sign it dosent even say L is real 2041, or 2441, or anything for that matter.
its clearly just a bunch of obscure scribbles meant to mean nothing just like every other sign in zelda and mario.
some people just take theorys too far

If you really look at the sign it dosent even say L is real 2041, or 2441, or anything for that matter.
its clearly just a bunch of obscure scribbles meant to mean nothing just like every other sign in zelda and mario.
some people just take theorys too far

It must mean something. They wouldn't use the same exact sprite or graphic in both games only once, while all the other signs are different. It probably has some significance to Nintendo or someone at Nintendo and not anything secret or particular, but I wouldn' rule out that it was just some sign.

it could have been random....but why? mayhap its trying to get something across no-one has thought of yet?

Welbanks

My mom says im cool...
It must mean something. They wouldn't use the same exact sprite or graphic in both games only once, while all the other signs are different. It probably has some significance to Nintendo or someone at Nintendo and not anything secret or particular, but I wouldn' rule out that it was just some sign.

It could be because there lazy :P it wouldent be the first time they have used the same object in a different place just to not have to go thru the troubles of replicating a new one,
i.e The iron kuckles from MM being the exact same ones from OoT because they both have nabooru inside of them.

Posting some screenshots so everyone can get a look at it from both games.

SuperMario64Usnap0005.jpg

SuperMario64Usnap0004.jpg

LegendofZeldaThe-OcarinaofTimeEG-1.jpg

LegendofZeldaThe-OcarinaofTimeEGCVe.jpg

Master94

...I come back someday.
Yes, but what is the meaning to them to be in the both games?
I would understand it in the sm64 but its weird that theyre in the both games.

L...i think if we understood what "L" is, this mystery would be a lot easier to solve.they could just be lazy, but why would they put it in at all if they couldnt be bothered?

Kybyrian

Some people take things too far. This really has no specific meaning, and as you know, you have to look really close to see even a bit of resemble to any letters. To me it looks like a bunch of blurs, which is all it is, and it's not meant to mean anything. The same style just happened to be used, and it's probably on a lot more 64-Bit places, too.

Just a coincidence that the same style is used, and nothing further. There is not meant to be a connection or meaning, and there is not meant to be anything read out of the sign, it's just supposed to look like it says something so that it's not blank.

All I see is a bunch of scribbling. =<

Eh. I did read it once, I think it's still actually on the DS version of Super Mario 64, I'd have to check again. I did see that and I did look it up on the interwebz, but got to the point of thinking nothing of it.

Hadn't noticed the one in Dodongo's Cavern though.

Moosh_is_cool

Still a Moosh fan!
i saw this thread, and started trying to figure this out. from what me (and my mom, who helped) have found so far, the pixels on the signs are not English.

th_mystery12.jpg
this is from Mario

th_mystery22.jpg
this is from OoT

this might be an original LoZ language made by nintendo. i'm still researching. I also noticed that the last symbol on the second picture looks a bit like a japanese or chinese character.

(P.S. I made these pictures using the screenshots dark_link01 posted, so thanks to him ^^. Also, these pictures may not be completely accurate, considering that I made these by tracing over the blurred pixelations on the signs, and then touching it up a bit so it wouldn't blur as badly. I also enlarged the original so stupid Photobucket wouldn't squish the picture. Therefore, the sizes and shapes may not be completely accurate, but it's as close as I could get ;).)

Chris

It has been awhile...
Now, what you have there is pretty cool. Though, I know as a fact that Humans, since we have such evolved brains, we can turn even blurs into words and pictures, even if they are just blurs.

If we see something that looks like something else (Which these totally do), we will find things that look alike in both pictures. In this case, you believe the insciption is "L is real 2041." Well, when you lok at the "s" you find that is perfectly straight, so it is obviously not an "s".

Now, they do look alike, but what I am is saying is focus on the diffrences and you will see that they look diffrent. I just know that "L is real 2041" is not what it says.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom