• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Kotaku: Is This the Official Timeline?

Kotaku has information from a person in Korea who got his hands on a copy of the book. There are no scans of the "timeline" yet, the image Kotaku posted is their mock-up of the information. i.e.: this is not 100% confirmed yet in my books, but it very well could be true. I'm curious what the exact details of Link's failure are (where in OoT it happens). Also it places Minish Cap between Four Swords and SS, please edit that in!

_______________ WW-PH--ST
______________/
SS--MC--FS--OOT-MM--TP--FSA
______________\
_______________ALTTP-OOX-LA--LOZ-AOL

Just to help people who may be new to the series or new to this forum and may not be used to all of the acronyms, and to help us old farts remember, I will write out all of the acronyms that I can figure out, and can someone please fill in what I don't know? It would be very helpful.

SS = Skyward Sword
MC = Minish Cap
FS = Four Swords
OOT = Ocarina of Time (please write this as OoT, just to make it easier to remember)
WW = Wind Waker
PH = Phantom Hourglass
ST = Spirit Tracks
MM = Majora's Mask
TP = Twilight Princess
FSA = Four Swords Adventures
ALttP = A Link to the Past
OOX = Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons
LA = Link's Awakening
LOZ = Legend of Zelda (original)
AOL = Adventure of Link

(mod note: these can also be found in the sticky theorizing guidelines thread.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just saying, with all these "Fail" posts, Link never failed. If he failed and ganon got the triforce, he only would get the triforce of power. Since he in un-balanced and not a pure heart, the other two pieces other than the one he possesses most (power) go to the other two people destined to carry them (Link and Zelda, Courage and Wisdom) so really, it is possible he could somehow get the triforce if he went and took it from zelda after link was "gone" but even then, he is technically not supposed to be alowed to make the legendary "wish" and so the power he wants can never really be his. Although, I may be completely incorrect! thoughts?

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Just saying, with all these "Fail" posts, Link never failed. If he failed and ganon got the triforce, he only would get the triforce of power. Since he in un-balanced and not a pure heart, the other two pieces other than the one he possesses most (power) go to the other two people destined to carry them (Link and Zelda, Courage and Wisdom) so really, it is possible he could somehow get the triforce if he went and took it from zelda after link was "gone" but even then, he is technically not supposed to be alowed to make the legendary "wish" and so the power he wants can never really be his. Although, I may be completely incorrect! thoughts?
If the Triforce splits, one can collect the other two pieces and still make one's wish. If Ganondorf defeats Link, he can take the ToC and ToW and make a wish. Just like in WW, when they gather at the end, except
Daphnes intercedes. Otherwise Ganondorf would have gotten his wish.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
If Ganondorf already got the ToP and somehow Link died, where would the Triforce of Courage go? We know Zelda is with wisdom, and she'd be otherwise safe [though Ganondorf knows that she doubles as Sheik]. Eh, I'm scratching my head.

Yeah, even though it is official, there are probably still continuity issues. No one ever considered the alternative that OoT Link failed and there was a 3rd split, so people are still probably making theories about the actual connections.

E

essegura92

come on ocarina of time is the second one in the zelda series timeline

M

MOTOVRES

Not to mention people still flaming about how this timeline is trash and bull**** and what not.

LOL well said.

Personally I am just pissed that my favorite game, Link to the Past, falls right after... LINK FAILED!?!? D'oH!

I mean come on everyone - Link FAILED? I've seen some interesting timeline theories that say he didn't really "FAIL", just "WASN'T THERE" and thus "FAILED TO STOP GANON" and that I can stomache a bit more.

Come on NoA, translate this book and get it to us so we can see.

Cuz, none of us here ever EFFING FAILED IN OCARINA OF TIME DAMMIT!

My timeline is like nintendos but slightly altered but what i don't understand is in OoT Link did defeat ganon, there's no way you can play the game.. to the end... without defeating ganon!!! i dont get it! there is no "if you lost". You clearly don't lose. If OoT is the split than there can only be two timelines, one where the child is sent back to his timeline and lives his full life (MM, TP, etc.) and one where the adult link disappears and leaves the future to be taken by ganon, thus a good and bad timeline. I think the bad timeline spans the (S)NES installments shown in the branch below and the good one (the child one), continues on through MM, TP, and eventually (possibly in a game not released yet) hyrule gets flooded and WW timeline begins with a new world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom