• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Kotaku: Is This the Official Timeline?

b- Premonition - Rauru choose to seal Link because he was too young to fight Ganondorf and would have lost. How did he know it? He used his power to see into the future and saw Young Link fighting directly and dying. Then Ganondorf obtaining the whole Triforce. So he decided to seal Link and change the future, thus creating the first split in the timeline.

I think this actually makes a lot of sense. However, I have not played ALttP, so I don't know if it follows in that direction.

G

Ganon-cannon

Sleeping Zelda, people, this is inaccurate, even if it's official

What about the sleeping Zelda? If you play AoL, Link goes to collect the triforce de courage because he discovers the sleeping Zelda. He decides to go and awaken her on how own accord. This princess obviously drowned in WW and probably wasnt discovered in the other tl.

Supposedly this third split comes from Link failing at some point in the game. This failure results in ALTTP and so on. But then who defeated Ganon so he could be sealed by the 7 sages. If the Sages could defeat Ganon without Links help, then you'd have no need for a Hero of Time

It's really low and pathetic of Nintendo to do this, to cast those games into a "what if..." universe without any kind of in game evidence. If this is indeed true.

Well I guess there is some silver lining....it will finally end the timeline debate.

Last edited:
The split comes again from Zelda's use of magic to bring back Link, the gate of time was created by the goddeses and have a perfect balance between times and changes that occurred, for that reason it doesn't create new timelines over and over it's said that on Skyward Sword, meanwhile Zelda's use of magic to bring back Link to a time in which he didn't embarked on any adventure did created a new dimension because Link wasn't meant to return to that time, the gate of time was never going to be return him to that point in the past, so that sloppy decision by Zelda created two timelines and affected the original dimension of Link, which was the adult timeline in which was completely steered by the gate of time with Link going back and forth in time affecting his future with everything he did in the past, Link was never supposed to go back in time, he was supposed to stay in the future as the hero of time, so sending him back caused two thing: first the child timeline in which nothing happened and Link was never the hero as he foretold Zelda everything that was going to happen, and the other dimension that created was a one in which Link dissapeared after he pulled the Master Sword, as he never returned to the time which the gate of time allowed him, rupturing that dimension creating a one in which Link's adventured ended with him going to the future, so in a way he did die he never came back and Ganondorf succeeded that's the third split.

Now can someone explain to me why is FSA after TP and more importantly why is not a direct sequel to FS now THAT does not make sense

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Why do my eyes tell me they're seeing FSA as a direct sequel to TP and that they're seeing FS as a direct sequel to MC? Are they just trolling me? Methinks the author(s) got the FSS story a little mixed up.

Also, the LttP split interestingly comes before the MM split. How does Ganondorf defeating Link happen before Link returning to his childhood?

Last edited:

SecretNerd-sshh

Its a secret to everyone
It is confirmed that the book was edited by Eiji himself. Amazon.com/jp is the source, good translate it. It cant get more legit than this folks, wow im kind of in disbelief.

I'm personally confused as to why they're releasing this now, when they have so adamantly refused to do so in the past.
As for the actual timeline, the third split kinda feels like it'd make more sense if it skipped over OoT - as in, the Hero of Time never awakened, rather than he failed...

SecretNerd-sshh

Its a secret to everyone
I'm personally confused as to why they're releasing this now, when they have so adamantly refused to do so in the past.
As for the actual timeline, the third split kinda feels like it'd make more sense if it skipped over OoT - as in, the Hero of Time never awakened, rather than he failed...

Thats true, but I think for some reason we needed link to die for him to get the triforce of courage and obtain the full triforce. Without the full triforce it cant lead to alttp as the SW.

ChuChuOfTime

Fish. Citizen of Foo
I don't understand the whole "link failing" thing, wouldn't that mean that the timeline branches over and over in MM for every time link plays the song of time?

SecretNerd-sshh

Its a secret to everyone
I don't understand the whole "link failing" thing, wouldn't that mean that the timeline branches over and over in MM for every time link plays the song of time?

The whole "link failing" or "what if" branch isnt fully translated, to my understanding there is an entire page, with pictures of link and ganon battling, still to be deciphered. So we'll see what its all about in due time hopefully, if there is information on said page.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
It is confirmed that the book was edited by Eiji himself. Amazon.com/jp is the source, good translate it. It cant get more legit than this folks, wow im kind of in disbelief.
For further confirmation:

hyrulehistoriacredits.png

That's him at the top, under the bolded line in brackets, to the right of the slash. Anyone know who's to the left? and who everyone else is?

G

Ganon-cannon

Game over man! Game over. Lol

Well i guess all debate is aside now. I'm actually kinda foam it is original and not just some copy paste of a fan timeline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom