• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Koroks in Sws?

DLC

Soul Drummer.
If you pause at 1:20 in trailer, you see a character that looks almost exactly like korok. what does this mean for the Timeline?
The game? Characterization and NPC sidequests? what do you think?:lol:

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
You mean the little penguin-looking guy?
photooy.png

I took a screenshot at 1:20 like you said, and well... he doesn't look like a Korok. He looks like.... a penguin.
I don't mean to rain on your parade, but where do you see a Korok?

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
lmao i was a little confused by that too....I was like "I dont remember seeing a Korok! But I do remember seeing a.....penguin?" Oh Nintendo with your silly characters......

Sabel27

Advanced Ocarinaist
If Skyward Sword is at the beginning of the timeline, there is no possibility of there being Koroks in the game. The Koroks came into existence during the Great Flood (WW) when the Kokiri "evolved" into the Koroks. How they did that I will never know, but since the Great Flood happened AFTER Ocarina of Time, and Skyward Sword is going to happen BEFORE Ocarina of Time, the Koroks will more then likely not make an appearance.

However, I can see how you could mistake that creature for a Korok. Here are some pictures for comparison:
korok.png

photooy.png

This creature does look a bit similar to the Koroks colorwise and sizewise. When I first saw this creature, I thought that it looked like a badger/raccoon/beaver/bird/platypus thing. It is obviously a new race or animal. I don't know this creature's significance in the game yet, but I do think that he could be used as part of a sidequest. It seems as though you meet him at the beginning of the game considering the sword and shield that Link is using. They look like beginner's weapons, and the symbol on Link's shield looks like something you would find in Skyloft.

Last edited:
Koroks? It looks more like a little Chicken or some sort of bird instead of Koroks they don't even look like a tree or anything related to foresets. I guess we'll only know when the game is out. The land looks like Hyrule I guess this is the scene where Link's first time seeing a creature from Below.

whiteknight455

The Zelda Nerd
I thought it was a bulbasaur combined with a penguin but its not a Korok and it is a new race and what where those guys who came out of the ground? Where they the suberosa(or something like that) that came out in some portable game

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I thought it was a bulbasaur combined with a penguin but its not a Korok and it is a new race and what where those guys who came out of the ground? Where they the suberosa(or something like that) that came out in some portable game

I think that "some portable game" was Oracle of Seasons(?), and I think those creatures that popped out of the ground are a completely new species.

@whiteknight455
Aha, I see how you thought it was a Bulbasaur, its backpack does look like a bulb.

@DLC
I have no idea how you thought it was a Korok lol, the only similarity I see is the shape of the nose and small feet. And that's not a lot in common.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Awwww! The penguin looks so cute! Don't you just want to snuggle that little guy?

Yeah, they're most likely a new race. ...and am I the only here who wants one of these bundles of joy as a pet? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom