• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Kid Icarus: Uprising - Mafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry about that Thareous, old bean. I just couldn't live with myself until you were finally RVS lynched on day one in some form or another. Consider my revenge complete. :devil:

I agree with Mellow, it was most likely a killing by something other than the mafia. Most night scenes do a good job of differentiating between who killed who, with the mafia usually acting as a group of some sort. A lone beam of light indicates either the Serial Killer or the Vigilante. I would assume that Dark Pit would be the potential Serial Killer, and that Pit could very well be the Vigilante, one of those two.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
COP Do not roleclaim unless you have a guilty result. We get one roleclaim per day, and that roleclaim should be saved for the cop when he/she hits something.

DOCTOR There's a possibility that you saved someone last night. Good, but whoever you protected may be a target again. Please don't reveal this information.

ROLEBLOCKER There's an equal possibility that the roleblocker saved someone last night. The roleblocker should target a different person tonight, and if an extra kill goes through, then they should roleclaim and tell us who they initially targeted. For now, keep your information to yourself.

Well, from the looks of it, this was done by an SK or Vig. "Single beam of energy" alludes to there being only one killer, and not a group like the mafia (though I cannot say this for certain, as I've never played Kid Icarus, but that would be a logical explanation). However, I'm puzzled because there was a "mishap" prevented. Logically (because I doubt the mafia would target one of their own) the Vig targeted a Townie, and perhaps the Doctor saved them, and not the Roleblocker. I believe it's possible the Roleblocker hit the Mafia, and that the SK was able to sneak a kill through.

Like I said, I have no knowledge of this game, and if any character fits the description of our killer, please say so (also which side they'd be affiliated with). This is merely my theory, and I could be wrong, but who knows?

Pen

The game is on!
Although it was supposed to be a period of rest, the night was filled with activity. Many had decided that they would be better off taking action into their own hands than wait around for the daytime to come.

This might simply indicate that there are many active Power Roles in this game.

Regardless, after one minor mishap was successfully avoided, it seemed that everything else was going to be quiet during the night.

I assume there was an attempted kill by somebody, which was prevented somehow. As some have already pointed out, the Doctor and the Roleblocker should be cautious about this.

But, as some of the more observant members of the group had noticed, this death did not appear to have been done by the Great Sacred Treasure, nor were their weapon wounds. Instead, Draco appeared to have been shot with a single beam of energy.

Well, if Dark Pit is the SK (which would seem possible), I do not think it was he who killed Draco626 since Dark Pit uses quite regular weapons. The fact that Heroine pointed out that Draco was not killed by the Great Sacred Treasure may indicate that it was not a Town allied killer who killed him (most likely Pit who uses that item (he could be the Vig)). In my eyes this would mean that it was the Mafia that killed Draco626 (most of the Underworld allied characters in the game could probably have fired a beam of energy), unless there is some other third party killing role besides the SK... Although, of course there is the possibility that the SK is some character other than Dark Pit, I just think he would fit that particular role very neatly. Another possible candidate for a SK would be Pyrrhon, the self-proclaimed Sun God. He is a character who fight for himself pretty much, and when the Aurum Brain takes control of him, he can certainly become a threat...

And welcome to the game, PK!

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I know nothing about the game so this is way over my head. I'm not even gonna try and analyze it.

Just out of curiosity, was there someone you WERE expecting?
Someone more active. I still can see no reason for NKing someone with one post. With the scum, the vig, or the SK, someone who's at least reasonably active would make more sense. For example, scum would attack someone they think might get onto them eventually. Vig would probably NK someone who seemed scummy, and someone with one post would not have any reason to seem scummy. SK would kill people that would target them and. A person with one post would most likely be no threat to any of the three. Make sense?
Oh yeah, and welcome to the game PK.
And see you later, LD.

thegreenrobby

#1 Producer of Mind Screw
OK, i'm a couple pages behind, but here goes my thoughts in the order I see things:
Heroine said:
Regardless, after one minor mishap was successfully avoided
This just screams either Doctor or Roleblocker.
Heroine said:
But, as some of the more observant members of the group had noticed, this death did not appear to have been done by the Great Sacred Treasure, nor were their weapon wounds. Instead, Draco appeared to have been shot with a single beam of energy.
I'm assuming the 'great sacred treasure' is the vig or something.
fused said:
Kinda seems random; iirc this is the second straight game Draco626 has been NK'd. It's an extremely interesting choice, one that I'd love to see the reasoning behind.
I'm guessing it's a grudge from some other game or something like that.
firevsice said:
I suspect some form of doctor or roleblocker on our side, based off the bolded underline.
dekunut said:
so can anyone think of a person playing who's had some kind of rivalry with him in the past?
Thanks for stealing my ideas, guise.
Marshal said:
When night 2 comes around and theres a second kill than this would confirm that a vig/serial killer was either roleblocked or the target was saved.
Roleblocker remmember who you targeted last night. If you target someone else this night and there's a kill than there's a large chance that whoever you targeted has a killing role. And to remove Doctor protection out of the picture, you could target your night one ...target at night 3 and see what happens.

...or what doesn't happen.
There's a really small chance that you and the doctor had the same target in two out of three nights.
Wait, what?
I don't think I understood that. Could you rephrase it?
a couple people said:
*Stuff about the beam of light being vig or sk*
I'm not sure. A beam of light seems like a divine ability, so I'm not so sure we can determine it at this point. Who knows?
Atticus said:
COP Do not roleclaim unless you have a guilty result. We get one roleclaim per day, and that roleclaim should be saved for the cop when he/she hits something.

DOCTOR There's a possibility that you saved someone last night. Good, but whoever you protected may be a target again. Please don't reveal this information.

ROLEBLOCKER There's an equal possibility that the roleblocker saved someone last night. The roleblocker should target a different person tonight, and if an extra kill goes through, then they should roleclaim and tell us who they initially targeted. For now, keep your information to yourself.
There's also a good chance that the attacker simply changes their target tonight, altering the results.
Pending said:
He is a character who fight for himself pretty much, and when the Aurum Brain takes control of him, he can certainly become a threat...
*Inspired to google it*
Might the Aurum army be a mafia? Or perhaps a cult?

EBWODP

Holy crap. I don't usually make these giant of a post. Huh.

Last edited:

Rachel

be vigitant
But still, I don't really see how a murder attempt would be a minor mishap.
What else could it be?

I think that the roleblocker blocked a non-killing active power role, maybe, that would have caused an issue for the town. I'm not sure, though, too early to know.

Robby - I think the Mafia is the Underworld, looking at the first post.

And at the same time, a mysterious alien force was approaching on the horizon...
This sounds like a cult to me. Google tells me that the Aurum is a species of alien, so I'd say that the Aurum is a cult.

Maybe the minor mishap was recruitment into the Aurum being blocked?

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
Well we all know what happened to the cult leader last time.

What? No, I'm not bitter at all.

There's also a good chance that the attacker simply changes their target tonight, altering the results.

Um... what? You have to block the attacker to stop a kill, not the target. If the roleblocker blocked, say, the serial killer, and then blocked someone else the next night, the extra kill would make it evident that the person they first targeted had a killing role.

Big Octo

=^)
Cults smell.

Anyways, it seems that we've got either a SK NK or Mafia NK on our hands and maybe a lucky doctor protection. With this in mind, what should we look back for on Day 1?

pkfroce

Skelepuns
Actually... Now that I think about it, it was Day One. I'll just keep watch for anything suspicious looking for now. I guess I'll go look at the last moments of Day 1 when things get a bit more serious.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

thegreenrobby

#1 Producer of Mind Screw
Gumball said:
Um... what? You have to block the attacker to stop a kill, not the target. If the roleblocker blocked, say, the serial killer, and then blocked someone else the next night, the extra kill would make it evident that the person they first targeted had a killing role.
Oh yeah, right.
You see, it's these lapses in logic that make me do things like completely disregard town plans and inadvertently make myself looks very suspicious.
It's going to be the death of me one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom