• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Kaepora Gaebora's Theme Similar to the Pirate Ship Theme?

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Wow. I never noticed that. If you manage to get them to play at the same time, you notice that the notes actually match! Amazing job finding that dude. Anywho, I think they just decided to remix it in order to give those that played OoT a sense of nostalgia. Just a little easter egg or whatever. Like they did with Windfall Island and Kakariko Village, Kakariko Village's Theme is cleverly remixed and labeled as the Windfall Island Theme and yet there is no apparent connection between the two (Kakariko and Windfall).

Link Master

The Hero's Master
There are two things I want to say I think they took the owl's theme and made it a little more pirate so it was intended they were alike. Also the story is a little related to Ocarina of Time (child becomes the hero) so they might have put that up there for relations to the games.

Flute Boy

ganon slayer
well, nintendo knows good songs, kaepora gaeboras theme was one of my favorite zelda songs, and re-use them, nintendo is making for a greener gaming world.

They always recycle bits of songs like that. It is probably to give you some sense of familiarity when you are playing. It give it a "Zelda" feel i suppose. If you listen to the Forest Haven theme, after the first bit you will hear some of Kokiri Forest's theme play. Then when you are inside Forest Haven it is pretty much a remake of Kokiri Forest's theme with a bit of Saria's Song thrown in at parts. It's pretty typical of a Zelda game. It's been going for ages now!

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
WW seems to do that remix/recycle of music more often, and also more subtly, than other LoZ games huh? I mean the connections between the songs aren't obvious like the remixes in other games. The only one I've ever noticed was Outset Island having that one part that uses part of the Kokiri Forest theme. That's actually really cool since you can feel the nostalgia, but you really have to listen to hear the actual reference.

WW seems to do that remix/recycle of music more often, and also more subtly, than other LoZ games huh? I mean the connections between the songs aren't obvious like the remixes in other games. The only one I've ever noticed was Outset Island having that one part that uses part of the Kokiri Forest theme. That's actually really cool since you can feel the nostalgia, but you really have to listen to hear the actual reference.

This is true, I never noticed that. Wind Waker is far more subtle in its use of old Zelda themes. I really like that. I think in Kakariko village in TP they give you a hint of Kakariko's Theme from ALttp and OoT.

A

Adolf Wolf

The Forest Haven theme uses something from OoT too I think, just can't remember right now ... the Dragon Roost dungeon theme mimics the Dodongo Cavern, and Jabun's theme mimics that of the Jabu-Jabu's Belly dungeon.

As for the pirate theme sounding like Kaepora's ... I do not hear the resemblance at all. Well, I can hear what you're hearing as a similarity, but as a musician I find no striking resemblances between the two pieces of music, besides the fact that they were both written by Koji Kondo and therefor sound like something he would write. There are very basic similarities in rhythm and structure, but I think any similarity you're hearing on this one is entirely coincidental, unlike the other intentional references in some of the other themes.

haha but that's just my ears. If it sounds like Kaepora's theme to you, then it should.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom