• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Kaepora Gaebora

Um...I'm pretty sure this game isn't 100 years before Ocarina of Time. The Master Sword is a legendary sword in OoT. Things don't become legend over a matter of a couple generations.

I'm pretty sure it's confirmed to be 100 years before OoT, I'm not really too much involved in timeline things and developer quotes however I'm almost sure this was confirmed. If it is the case I agree that it's rather short for something to become legendary.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I'm pretty sure it's confirmed to be 100 years before OoT, I'm not really too much involved in timeline things and developer quotes however I'm almost sure this was confirmed. If it is the case I agree that it's rather short for something to become legendary.

No, nothing of the sort has even been hinted. I think they might have said something about it taking place a long time before OoT, but I may be wrong on that. The only thing about 100 years mentioned in the Zelda series (besides something incorrectly said in the instruction booklet of WW) is that one Gerudo male is born every 100 years.

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
This is just me, but I believe that Kaepora Gaebora IS Rauru. The reason for this is that we don't see Rauru UNTIL Link becomes an adult, and after that, we don't see him anymore. I believe that Rauru guards the Sacred Realm and the only way to reach the Hero was to create a being that represented his character, thus creating the wise owl. Through Kaepora, Rauru was able to communicate with Link and after Link actually met him, there was no use in continuing following link around as an owl.

Once again, this is just my belief.

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
That theory sounds very similar to the King of Red Lions situation, except Daphnes Nohanson Hyrule was already dead at the time.

I wish that the owl was Rauru (that would make Rauru a much more interesting character)...however I don't think they are the same. The names are different (not like Tetra/Zelda), their language is different, and I just don't think Nintendo thought of that when making these characters. I think that this is just some random owl and some random old man in the same game. As for kaepora gaebora being in SS, hopefully if he is he doesn't show up every five minutes and tell you things you already know :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom