• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Kaepora Gaebora

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
I know many of you are wondering how could that annoying owl relate to SwS.

Since SwS comes before OoT in the timeline we may find out which ancient sage(as said in a Gossip Stone) Kaepora Gaebora is supposed to be a reincarnation of.

What are your thoughts or do you simply not care.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I highly doubt that Nintendo would rely on timeline placements for an ingame hint system (wich is pretty much what the annoying owl is.) If you actually look at games we know take place in the same world (say Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess), you will see that there is little to no similarities in the game world, the only connections are in the story.

Though it would be cool to see the annoying owl return in Skyward Sword, as an easter egg of course, I don't think he will...

Djinn

and Tonic
Kaepora Gaebora did appear in Termina in MM and again in FSA. So I do not think any specific timeline placement is needed for him to appear, he just shows up in Hyrule similar to Tingle. Tingle is Tingle no matter where he is seen or how many centuries or other dimensions separate him from his previous appearance.

With Kaepora Gaebora, i think I like the concept behind him more than the execution. A mysterious owl that not only appears to know many of the secrets of the hidden places of Hyrue but also seems to be some kind of mythical character with statues built in his honor in Termina is an interesting character to have in the games. Unfortunately he comes off as little more than an annoying gimmick for giving a few random hints and then disappears. Because of this I would actually like to see him appear again in future games just to see what else can be made of his character if Nintendo decides to develop his character a little more. I would like to see more of the connection between him and the owl statues that are placed around Hyrule. The ones in Termina were said to be made in his image, but the ones in TP that held a connection to the city in the sky and the dominion rod could have something to do with him as well.

V

Venetica

Hmm, well, he might appear just as the tutorial guy, like he did in all the other games he was in. I don't really think he'd be important to the story though, since I don't ever remember him being like that.

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
Kaepora is just a one-game-only character. I don't count Majora's Mask since they reused so many character models. So i'm confident that he won't appear in owl form. His unseen sage form might appear but I think Nintendo has reused too many characters in past Zelda games so they should create new sages instead.

Luigidude64

Suzune Supporter
if he ends up in skyward sword he might be like a fledgling or something, or we might see the person who ends up as him or something, he's kinda like sheik, but one plum short of a fruit pie(a quote from avatar last airbender cartoon)

Djinn

and Tonic
Just a random question, but how do we know his name is Kaepora Gaebora? Not that I don't believe it I just don't think it was ever mentioned in game.

He is mentioned by name a few times, mostly by the gossip stones. But the instruction manual introduces him as Kaepora Gaebora. I do not see any reason to doubt that info.

"They say that the owl named Kaepora Gaebora is the reincarnation of an ancient Sage." — Gossip Stone
"They say that strange owl, Kaepora Gaebora, may look big and heavy, but its character is rather lighthearted." — Gossip Stone

It seems to be the name of the owl, but the name of the Sage he is supposed to be have reincarnated from has been the subject of a lot of debates. I have never fully believe that he was Rauru, that seemed a little too convenient. Plus it does not work out well in the past/future context of the game.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
It seems to be the name of the owl, but the name of the Sage he is supposed to be have reincarnated from has been the subject of a lot of debates. I have never fully believe that he was Rauru, that seemed a little too convenient. Plus it does not work out well in the past/future context of the game.

Rauru? That's nowhere near possible. I know you said you don't fully believe it, but it says that Keapora Gaebora is areincarnation of an ancient Sage. Well, I guess Rauru is an ancient sage, as he seems to suggest that he's one of the ones who built the Temple of Time, but he's not dead. For a reincarnation to take place, the original has to be dead. So, yeah, not possible. (And generally, reincarnations have the same figure. There are different kinds, but that's what most people think when they think reincarnation. Not really using that as evidence, just mentioning it. Besides, I already proved KG can't be Rauru with the whole "not dead" thing.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom