• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Japan 2011 Earthquake

Lady_Yuna

GoodNight SunShine!
Anyway, I'm more worried about the problems that are occurring with a Nuclear Reactor over there. It seems that the Tsunami has badly damaged the Waterworks in that area of Japan and they are unable to cool down the core which could cause major damage. I doubt it will explode, but there's always a small possibility it will.

I thought they took care of that...or at least that's what I've been hearing. I hope they're able to fix the problem soon then. Anyway, I just thought about something.... Maybe its a stupid idea, or what not, but what if ZD starts like a fundraiser type stream to help the people of Japan. I know one Zelda community did something like this only it was for diabetes (I think), but I believe we should do something that's somewhat similar.

UPDATE: Yahoo is reporting that "radiation levels are surging outside nuclear plant".

Last edited:

tecknokid900

All Hail Yhtomit!
NEWS UPDATE: Japan officials fear they have over 1000 deaths.
also with the nuclear plant, it did not leak radiation and it is still cooling down. As for Tokyo they are still from the earthquakes.

I found this just a little while ago

japan-earthquake-vehicle-shipping-yard.jpg

From what I can tell; this is a Nissan shipping yard.

Ghosi

Schmetterling
I was very scared when I first heard about this. Everything affected the people that I knew; I have friends in California who fortunately did not get affected by the tsunami. The thing that I am most afraid of about this earthquake was that one of my friends just went to Japan a few days ago. I don't know where he went, but I can only pray now that he is safe. It has been a terrible tragedy all morning and so many lives were already claimed.

N

Navi23

Omg, this is such a bummer. I really do hope that your friend is safe, Ghosi.
Along with many others..........

SuperSilly

Horizon Walker
:( A truly terrible disaster. My thoughts and prayers go out to all those caught in the earthquake and resulting tsunamis, and to all those with loved ones caught in it. I hope they’re okay, and that they all find strength and hope to make it through this disaster.

It’s pretty scary about that nuclear power plant, I also pray that the radiation is kept under control.

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
The Tsunami was supposed to hit here, but it was not that bad, and I am okay. I am not even completely sure if it did hit yet or not. I am not sure about some of my family, I will have to call them and make sure they are all right, as they live closer to the coast than me and my mom. Thank goodness that the island I grew up on is sheltered by Vancouver island. I wouldn't want my childhood to sink. I don't think it will be that bad when it hits.

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
It's a terrible thing. I was awake late last night watching events unfold, and wondering about the tsunami. We live on the coast and we were on advisory for the tsunami. I think we got a 1 foot wave or so, but nothing we can't handle. It was a bit disconcerting last night, knowing of some acquaintances in Japan, as well as friends in Hawaii, the Philippines, and Indonesia who were all on a tsunami watch.

The really scary thing is that they are still (and will continue to) having aftershocks. I live where earthquakes are a fact of life, but they are definitely frightening at times. I can't imagine going through a huge one like that and to have the shaking continue off and on. How traumatic.

My prayers are with them.

TriforceHunter

Forever I am Abandoned
Yeah, really devastating, and it's not only going on in Japan but it's also spreading to the rest of the Pacific. I know that Japan is used to minor Earthquakes throughout the year (Kinda like how here in the States we somewhat used to little Tornados and Snowstorms) but this one was just overkill.

I seriouslly hope this gets resolved soon, and even though I'm broke I donated 5 dollars, that's really all I could do to help matters.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
One of my teachers has a friend over there, from what I was told, it was devastating, I feel sorry for all those poor peeps suffering from it. My prayers are with Japan and its inhabitants.

purplelink

Who started saying Big Mood
My prayers go out to all affected by this horrible event. I hope the U.N can help.
If you wish to make short messages I have started a blog.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom