• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

It's Official, Skyward Sword Now a Post-E3 Title

To be honest, I really don't trust anything that's been said before, even though it is an official statement from Nintendo. Generally the rule is that you ignore all stated (officially or not) release dates until an actual advertisement has appeared stating the date for which the game will be released as they are generally correct. All companies release statements about when they believe their games currently in development are being released, and then change them around constantly. Especially with Nintendo, a good example was when they released Super Smash Bros. Brawl, they moved back the date around 2 or 3 times, which was quite annoying because I kept believing that the game would be released when the statements said they would. I wouldn't expect to see Skyward Sword until very late in 2011, or even early 2012. Although that depends on how close to completion the game is, and what changes they will wish to make to the game before it's released.

Also,

That's too bad, I was expecting it early in the year. Will they ever release it? lol

Why wouldn't they? The Zelda series is probably the second most popular series that Nintendo has going.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I've said it before, but I'm not really all that surprised by this news. Is this a good thing? Who knows at this point. There's been such a long period of time without any information though, that I'm not bothered by the extra wait. I'm already in 'wait a long time' mode. At least now I can look forward to when E3 occurs. By then, I would honestly hope for a more accurate date/plan of how far along the game is.

In a selfish way I am not too bothered. I plan on getting a large flatscreen soon and plan to have it in time for Zelda. So I don't mind waiting a little longer for it. It gives me more time to get my new TV. In the meantime I went ahead and bought a used copy of Metroid Prime Corruption. I thought Prime and Echoes were great games and look forward to Corruption.

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
I was hoping to see Skyward Sword in March or April....but now we've gotta wait...I am absolutely dying to play this game....I would love to buy OoT3D but I'm not gonna dish out like 250...Ill probably get one when Metal Gear Solid 3D: Snake Eater comes out....OoT does look great but i dunno, the classic still really satisfies me!

This bugs me. It fills my mind with so many possiblities of so many things, and they're all pissing me off.

First of all, this statement seems really vague, as usual. As has been mentioned in like, every post on this thread, we have differing release dates, which adds to a heck of a lot of confusion. Oot 3Ds comes out before E3 for them, which means we could still have SS before E3, although it is HIGHLY improbable. OoT 3DS comes out after E3 for us, which means it HAS to be after it for us, at least. And then, does E3 really even matter? If my memory is still intact, E3 wasn't even Nintendo's choice event last year, they announce things after it, or even at a different conference entirely.

And then the really really REALLY vague part. After OoT 3DS means like, every date in forever. They sure as hell won't release anytime near the 3DS's release, they sure as hell won't release it anytime near OoT. If LA 3DS comes out before it, then they sure as hell won't release it anytime near that, which puts us very far off in the future. Optimistically, sounds like Winter of this year, or even 2012. And just like that, with a single statement, hopes and dreams are crushed.

D=

mid summer to early fall my guess. not that bad actually, I was sorta expecting it for some reason...

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
Josh, I share your frustration...I was going ape**** when i first saw SS trailer last spring....Nintendo is paining me with this wait! I REALLY want to play SS...Im even on a whole zelda marathon from late August continuing through now! I really want this game and i was pissed off by Reggie's comment that Nintendo will "release games when they're ready" and he said it in a bitter way to say to the rest of us "STFU and deal with it!" lol.....maybe my body just wasnt ready as no one else's is, except for Reggie....Cuz you know....his body is ALWAYS ready :)

korp

bagels
/facepalm

I didn't mean stuff like that. I meant REAL merchandise. Like, there's a Legend Of Zelda Plate Set, etc etc. Theres some really cool Mario stuff too at Hot Topic.
/offtopic

but at this point, I'm going to agree with Josh. Nintendo does not like competing with other releases, especially releases of their own.

this doesn't bother me. i don't really care when it comes out. i would love to play it but if it's not done it's not done. i always thought that it was weird for it to come out in the beginning of the year. usually they come out closer to christmas. i guess i don't see the point in panicking. it will come out when it comes out. now at least i wont have to pay for it.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
I see a lot of people are commenting on this already and I'm not sure if someone has already said this but, I think they have chosen to release SS after E3 and OoT 3DS has been released because they dont want OoT 3DS to be in direct competition with Skyward Sword. So naturally they will wait a few months until OoT 3DS has soaked up as many sales as it can before it has to start competing with SS. Which means SS should be out in fall/early winter (like Octoberish) Hopefully. With all these Zelda delays I wouldnt be suprised if SS came out just a little bit sooner than everyone thinks.

well actually what iwata said was they expect ss to be released after oot. i think what this means is if the final stage of development (whatever that is) is finished when they expect then they will release ss after oot. but if the final stage finishes faster than they expect then they will release ss before oot. i think it all depends on how fast they get things done. it still could come out before e3 or oot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom