• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

It's Official, Skyward Sword Now a Post-E3 Title

http://www.nintendogal.com/2011/01/28/three-new-games-announced-by-nintendo/5114/

Along with the surprising news that a new Kirby game is already coming down the pipe, Iwata, today in his quarterly adress, told us that Skyward Sword is in the final stages of development, stating that it will likely not launch until after Ocarina of time 3D.

Ocarina of Time 3D has been announced as a post-E3 title, leading us to assume we will likely not see Skyward Sword until Late Summer, or even Fall 2011.

Last edited:
Please do not forget that OoT 3D is still slated as 'spring 2011' in Japan, and since this event (this quote is from a investors meeting in Japan) is solely
based on Japan, there's still a possibility that he's talking about the Japanese release of OoT, which could still make this a pre-E3 title.
Just pointing it out :P

Please do not forget that OoT 3D is still slated as 'spring 2011' in Japan, and since this event (this quote is from a investors meeting in Japan) is solely
based on Japan, there's still a possibility that he's talking about the Japanese release of OoT, which could still make this a pre-E3 title.

yeah, it's a possibility. But either way, we'll still need to struggle a not xD

By the way... OMFG! New Kirby game classic style!!! o_O

However, we shouldn't get our hopes too high...

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
As long as it doesn't go past this summer, I think I can stomach it. If not, I must travel to Japan and stalk Miyamoto to reveal more information.

Djinn

and Tonic
This does not sound surprising at all to me. There have already been a few hints that SS would be a late 2011 release over the last few weeks. Between the announcement in December and the Gamestop speculation. It is very common for a developer to wait until E3 so that they can have an even greater emphasis and show off to the competition.

But as a general rule release dates are never to be believed. They shift back and forth so quickly based on an offhand comment by a single developer or assumed shipping date by a retailer. They are never very reliable.

Zarom

The King
Cool. I prefer to have the game this summer. Hopefully it doesn't come this fall or later.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Huh.... so we're gonna get the 3DS and OoT 3D first? I was hoping that they would keep their "early 2011" promise (didn't really promise but i'm just saying it), so it looks like we'll get Skyward Sword after E3 or in summer. But... does this mean we'll see some new footage of Skyward Sword at this E3? I hope so.

Prediction:

OoT 3DS - May in Japan (tail-end of "Spring 2011"), late June everywhere else (right "after E3")
SS - August/September worldwide (August would be wisest as it'd catch the wake of Zelda's 25th birthday in the states)

Of course, the fact that Iwata didn't necessarily "confirm" which would come first leaves some room for our darkest conclusions to be totally unfounded.

I don't know if Iwata is really to be trusted, after saying SS would definitely be out in 2010...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom