• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Items That Should Return

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Items play a pretty big part in Zelda and each game usually introduces a new item or variation of an existing item that may be innovative in some way.

The question being though, which items that maybe have been "one offs" should or could in fact return to be something bigger, maybe even stellar?

Me personally? I've always liked the Spinner, it's a great and innovative item that was really put to great use "when" we needed to use it in Twilight Princess. However, it was underutilised, it could have been put to a much greater use in my opinion. Adding upgrades to increase mobility and range of movement, maybe using it to drill underground and so on. Yeah so I think that this item should maybe even return in the future, with a little twist. So how about you?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Remote Bombs are some of the most useful things. The Magic Boomerang is far better than any Beetle could ever be (and it's quicker, too). I love bomb and elemental arrows. Oh, and Hidden Skills as items. Items that HELP, not just make things easy. namsayinyadig?

Big Octo

=^)
The Dominion Rod. I felt that this item could be so much more. They really downplayed it in Twilight Princess, as it was used very often. I'd like to be able to control large statues with a variety of different weapons in order to get different tasks done. Also, perhaps the rod could be upgraded to control things other than statues, such as weak enemies, then have more upgrades in order to control stronger enemies. The concept of the Dominion Rod was great, and it can be expanded upon so much more.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
The Lens of Truth.

I love the Lense of Truth because it makes puzzles more interesting. You never really know when you have to use it.

Also, it uses magic. <3

Last edited:

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
I was going to say lens of truth but you beat me to it.
You know what i'm still going to say lens of truth.

Why? Because it adds a whole new layer to the game. You can have fake walls, or invisible floors, or hidden enemies and so on. It really brings a lot potential to the table, that has sadly just gone away.

edit:

Sure you might not need it after you have the game memorized like the back of your hand, but wasn't learning all the fake walls and illusions part of the fun?

DarkLink17

Well then
I don't know if it counts as an "item", but I loved all of the unique spells in Zelda II. Instead of the usual few Goddess themed spells, I'd like to see a large array of spells in an upcoming Zelda game.

Rather than slashing the sword at everything, you'd have to think of which spell would work best on a certain enemy's weakness. Most enemies would have a different style, so more spells are needed.

Of course, you'd still have the passive-type spells like Shield or Health. The only problem I find with this is having them easily accessible during battle. You don't want to have to pause the game and scroll through a huge list to find the spell you require.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I want the Ball and Chain to return...I felt it added a whole new depth to combat.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I want the Ball and Chain to return...I felt it added a whole new depth to combat.

I agree and disagree at the same time. For some reason, the Ball and Chain felt (to me) like an offensive/defensive hybrid. It felt like an RPG weapon in that it had a pretty obvious weakness and a pretty obvious strength. I never felt like that for any Zelda weapon, which is abit harsh. However, it was still "just a Zelda item". It felt forced, in a way, for some arbitary puzzle. Should it return for a puzzle aspect? To crush ice? Or maybe just function as a combat item?

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
When talking about "one offs" I wouldn't mind seeing something like the three medallions from ALttP, each having their own power. Even a magic cane or rod would be kinda cool.
C'mon magic meter!

Fig

The Altruist
A lot of items, in my opinion should be returned to future Zelda games because of the unique abilities that posses to help out the player in the game. I personally would like to see Remote Bombs, The Lens of Truth, Roc's Cape, and Pegasus Boots return in an upcoming Zelda title. I can truly say that these items are underrated to some degree and I hope to see be more useful in future Zelda games and puzzles. It would be really nice to see these items rise up to the top again and allow us fans to re-use them again for the new puzzles we are yet to face in the future.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I want the medallions from ALttP to turn into Spells, not items, and i want magic that works like AoL. I think the dominion rod was stupid, i would love rocks feather or cape, im cool with just a jump, but the floating distance you get with the cape would be nice too to come back. I think the shovel should be an item in every game, so many ways to find secrets and farm rupees. Pegasus Boots should be in every game, its not an item, its just holding a button, but i should still be in every game, not that stupid stamina meter!

I would also like to see the Cane of Byrna again, i really like having a bubble once and a while, not to mention one that hurts enemies. we need the different tunics back as well, even if its just the green blue and red, but im looking forward to customization to the tunic, like armor, and what now and seeing tools on your person!

Not so much to mermaid suit but something that lest you go under water.... well for 3D games this is irrelevant but for 2D games considering BLT isn't the last one! Remote bombs were nice. Thats all i can think of now, Oh and i would like the ocarina to make a come back as it was in OoT again, but that neither here nor there cuz i dont see it happening

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Yeah, I didn't care too much for the ice aspect, but I really loved the creative ways the ball and chain could be used to fight.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
Yeah, I didn't care too much for the ice aspect, but I really loved the creative ways the ball and chain could be used to fight.

aww your talkin about TP ball and chain, i was thinking LA had one, but yeah, i would love to have that item back, and they could make it be more useful than just Ice themes!

ThatOneNerd

Guardian Deity
An item I've always thought had a cool concept was the Dominion Rod. Granted, in its first and only appearance, it became useless after clearing the dungeon you found it in, but it was still a cool concept. I'd like to see a redone version of it. Maybe add a mechanic to take control of enemies for a short time. And if not, there should be WAY more statues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom