• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Is Wind Waker the End of Ganon?

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Well, it's hard to say. Every Zelda game with Ganon being the ultimate, final boss, it seems like he dies. The End. The Wind Waker, with the sword being thrust into the skull and Ganon subsequently being turned into stone, I think, is just another way for him to die, but some may argue that Nintendo had made it more "dramatic", so to speak.

both TP and WW show Ganondorf actually dying. if you notice, every game that goes after those games on a timeline only has Ganon, not Ganondorf. its safe to say that TP and WW is the end of Ganondorf but its also possible for Ganon to be revived and that seems pretty obvious that that is what happens.

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
It was a wicked awesome debate, CwS. I knew right from the start nothing but good would come from it.

And though I do respect your awesomeness in the area of argument, I must rebuttal once again. If what you say is true, and it probably is, then the only hope for Ganon (and/or Ganondorf) would be Ganon's minions or Koume and Kotake (or a being of equal power) to come along to revive Ganon.

Well, I think all hope is lost when it comes to Ganon's minions. None seem to have survived in the downfall of Ganondorf at the end of WW. The only acception being the Miniblin. They're the only enemies of Ganon's army to make a reappearance in PH; however, they may be working strictly for Bellum now. However however, if they can survive the downfall of Ganon where the Moblins and Bokoblins have petered out, then maybe they really are the one hope for him yet.

I don't have much to say about Koume and Kotake, there's absolutely no mention of them in either game. I guess the next best thing would have to be Vaati coming into the picture and resurrecting Ganon somehow.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
It was a wicked awesome debate, CwS. I knew right from the start nothing but good would come from it.

And though I do respect your awesomeness in the area of argument, I must rebuttal once again. If what you say is true, and it probably is, then the only hope for Ganon (and/or Ganondorf) would be Ganon's minions or Koume and Kotake (or a being of equal power) to come along to revive Ganon.

Well, I think all hope is lost when it comes to Ganon's minions. None seem to have survived in the downfall of Ganondorf at the end of WW. The only acception being the Miniblin. They're the only enemies of Ganon's army to make a reappearance in PH; however, they may be working strictly for Bellum now. However however, if they can survive the downfall of Ganon where the Moblins and Bokoblins have petered out, then maybe they really are the one hope for him yet.

I don't have much to say about Koume and Kotake, there's absolutely no mention of them in either game. I guess the next best thing would have to be Vaati coming into the picture and resurrecting Ganon somehow.

it has only been discussed in a few games how Ganon returns but i think its just supposed to be implied that he is reborn or finds a way to return. until recently, i have never heard anyone argue that there is more than one Ganon. what are the chances of multiple demons with the same name being born? Ganondorf is the original monster with the original lust for power. this lust along with the ToP created is alter ego, Ganon. the ToP could be how he constantly returns.

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
it has only been discussed in a few games how Ganon returns but i think its just supposed to be implied that he is reborn or finds a way to return. until recently, i have never heard anyone argue that there is more than one Ganon. what are the chances of multiple demons with the same name being born? Ganondorf is the original monster with the original lust for power. this lust along with the ToP created is alter ego, Ganon. the ToP could be how he constantly returns.
Yea, I don't like the idea of Ganon and Ganondorf being two different beings. It just doesn't make sense. One is the alter ego of the other, and that's just the way it has to be. There's just too much coincidence that a demon named Ganon manifests into a man of pure evil intent who just so happens to be named Ganondorf.

The suffix "-dorf", to me, always always suggested that it was a "dwarf" version; a more reserved, compact version, of the larger, more powerful thing.
(i.e.- a dwarf star or a dwarf rabbit)

And yes, I know Ganon returns in many a questionable fashion, but I find it would be difficult to place anything where Ganon is revived past WW, because no mention is ever made of retrieving the Master Sword from the bottom of a sea; and the only game to ever make mention of the Master Sword being the seal on Ganon's true power is WW so... paradox, much?

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Yea, I don't like the idea of Ganon and Ganondorf being two different beings. It just doesn't make sense. One is the alter ego of the other, and that's just the way it has to be. There's just too much coincidence that a demon named Ganon manifests into a man of pure evil intent who just so happens to be named Ganondorf.

The suffix "-dorf", to me, always always suggested that it was a "dwarf" version; a more reserved, compact version, of the larger, more powerful thing.
(i.e.- a dwarf star or a dwarf rabbit)

And yes, I know Ganon returns in many a questionable fashion, but I find it would be difficult to place anything where Ganon is revived past WW, because no mention is ever made of retrieving the Master Sword from the bottom of a sea; and the only game to ever make mention of the Master Sword being the seal on Ganon's true power is WW so... paradox, much?

well if games do come after WW, then somehow Hyrule was either flooded or a new Hyrule was found. if Hyrule was flooded thats one way that the :mastersword: could have been retrieved. if a new Hyrule was found then maybe when people were searching the great sea for treasure someone found it and took it with them back home to the new Hyrule where it would rest. it could just be destiny that the :mastersword: is to be in Hyrule so some random events occured bringing it back to the surface.

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
well if games do come after WW, then somehow Hyrule was either flooded or a new Hyrule was found. if Hyrule was flooded thats one way that the :mastersword: could have been retrieved. if a new Hyrule was found then maybe when people were searching the great sea for treasure someone found it and took it with them back home to the new Hyrule where it would rest. it could just be destiny that the :mastersword: is to be in Hyrule so some random events occured bringing it back to the surface.
Huh? When you say "Hyrule was flooded", do you mean "the Great Sea was drained"?

Also, isn't Link the only one who can pull the Master Sword from wherever it lies? Also, the power of the Master Sword is tied far more tightly to the fate of Ganon than the history of Hyrule. The only time Link is needed to pull the Master Sword is when Ganon rises to power.

Every villain requires their own sword to be defeated, with the only exception being Majora who can be slain with any sword.
- Vaati needs to be defeated with the Four Sword.
- Bellum needs to be defeated with the Phantom Sword.
- Ganon needs to be defeated with the Master Sword.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Huh? When you say "Hyrule was flooded", do you mean "the Great Sea was drained"?

Also, isn't Link the only one who can pull the Master Sword from wherever it lies? Also, the power of the Master Sword is tied far more tightly to the fate of Ganon than the history of Hyrule. The only time Link is needed to pull the Master Sword is when Ganon rises to power.

Every villain requires their own sword to be defeated, with the only exception being Majora who can be slain with any sword.

yes i meant it drained. i meant to type deflooded.

not sure what your post had to do with the placement of the master sword. i was just suggesting that the master sword with the pedestal could have been taken from the sea.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic

I'd say that anyone with a pure heart or a person who is able to become the Hero. Even though Link has been seen as the only hero of Hyrule this doesn't mean there haven't been others.

Also Ganon didn't need to be beaten by the Master Sword. In truth the only weapons, that can defeat him are the Silver Arrows. (They are the only weapons able to kill him. The Master Sword is one of the few weapons that can mar him.)

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
Dude, we're paradoxing.

The sword need only, and is only pulled when Ganon is around. If someone pulled the sword, then that must make them the new Hero, who would probably be a Link.

If the Master Sword can only be pulled by Link, who only ever realizes who they are when Ganon is around, and Ganon can only be released now when the Master Sword is pulled, then what are the odds of Link being the archaeologist who discovers the Master Sword in Ganon's skull and tries to pull the sword from the stone for no reason other than scientific discovery?

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Dude, we're paradoxing.

The sword need only, and is only pulled when Ganon is around. If someone pulled the sword, then that must make them the new Hero, who would probably be a Link.

If the Master Sword can only be pulled by Link, who only ever realizes who they are when Ganon is around, and Ganon can only be released now when the Master Sword is pulled, then what are the odds of Link being the archaeologist who discovers the Master Sword in Ganon's skull and tries to pull the sword from the stone for no reason other than scientific discovery?

no one said the sword has to be pulled to be moved. maybe whoever found it couldnt pull it out so they took it along with the pedestal (ganondorfs stone body) with them. after so long of being under water the pedestal could have eroded over time and been smaller and not looked like ganondorf at all.

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
Right, but you guys are missing the point.

Even if the whole Ganon Stone was moved with the Master Sword, then that doesn't explain how or why the Master Sword was removed.

And, no offense, but "erosion" is a pretty weak story element for Ganon's revival. Lmao :P

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Right, but you guys are missing the point.

Even if the whole Ganon Stone was moved with the Master Sword, then that doesn't explain how or why the Master Sword was removed.

And, no offense, but "erosion" is a pretty weak story element for Ganon's revival. Lmao :P

who said that Ganon has to be revived from Ganondorfs body? as far as im concerned, when he was revived in the past they didnt find Ganondorfs dead remains to revive him. they dont need his gerudo body to ressurect the demon, that has been made pretty clear. its more of a soul that they are resurrecting into material. and i dont get what youre missing. if the master sword was brought, pedestal and all, to the surface then they could put it somewhere til its needed.

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
who said that Ganon has to be revived from Ganondorfs body? as far as im concerned, when he was revived in the past they didnt find Ganondorfs dead remains to revive him. they dont need his gerudo body to ressurect the demon, that has been made pretty clear. its more of a soul that they are resurrecting into material. and i dont get what youre missing. if the master sword was brought, pedestal and all, to the surface then they could put it somewhere til its needed.
o_O
Which one of the Omen movies did you just get finished watching!?

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
A bit out of topic. Who says the ocean is gonna be there forever. Maybe as the climate becomes drier he will eventually be found again? Bad idea yes, but a possibility. I do not believe we have seen the end of Ganon. It is not always about reviving but also about being reborn I believe. And I believe that the spirit of Ganon can always come back somehow.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
o_O
Which one of the Omen movies did you just get finished watching!?

what does that have to do with anything? your theory is based on the idea that they need Ganondorfs body to revive the demon Ganon, but that has never been proven and keeping in mind that in OoX (which most likely takes place hundreds and hundreds of years after Ganondorfs dies no matter what timeline its on) Ganon is attempted to be resurrected, they most likely dont use his body as it would be long disintegrated by then.

A bit out of topic. Who says the ocean is gonna be there forever. Maybe as the climate becomes drier he will eventually be found again? Bad idea yes, but a possibility. I do not believe we have seen the end of Ganon. It is not always about reviving but also about being reborn I believe. And I believe that the spirit of Ganon can always come back somehow.

not so sure how i feel about a reborn idea. we never see Gerudos except for in OoT, TP(ganondorf only) and WW (ganondorf only) and in MM but they are pirates in MM with no male leader. other than that, in order for him to be reborn that would mean there are Gerudo in the world that we never see or hear about. i think its safe to assume that hes always ressurected or the ToP brings him back somehow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom