• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Is Wind Waker the End of Ganon?

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
I've been doing a bit of thinking on this, and I have put my foot firmly down and say that Ganon is absolutely done for by the end of Wind Waker, and ultimately can never come back in the OoT Adult Timeline.

Think about it:
1) King Daphnese Nohansen Hyrule wished for the three who bear the Triforce pieces to have their destinies fulfilled. Since Ganon is static in every Zelda game, I'm pretty sure he can't ever get the Triforce of Power back without conflicting with the King's wishes.

2) Link plunges the sword into Ganon's skull. Now this may not warrant his death, but the way he acts and his final words seem to imply that he is slipping into death. At this point in the game, without the ToP he is nothing more than a mortal man, and he just got a sword forced into his brain. And even if that didn't kill him, he's still concreted in stone with the Master Sword locked directly into him. It isn't like past cases where the Master Sword is locking whatever is keeping Ganon contained, it's actually locking Ganon himself.

3) He's a rock at the bottom of the ocean. I... I just really don't see how anyone will ever find Ganon or the Master Sword again...

Now, I'm obviously not saying that the timeline is done. The timeline not only can continue, but it already has with Phantom Hourglass. I just don't see Ganon ever showing up again in that particular timeline. Stick a fork in him. He's done.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I've been doing a bit of thinking on this, and I have put my foot firmly down and say that Ganon is absolutely done for by the end of Wind Waker, and ultimately can never come back in the OoT Adult Timeline.

Think about it:
1) King Daphnese Nohansen Hyrule wished for the three who bear the Triforce pieces to have their destinies fulfilled. Since Ganon is static in every Zelda game, I'm pretty sure he can't ever get the Triforce of Power back without conflicting with the King's wishes.

2) Link plunges the sword into Ganon's skull. Now this may not warrant his death, but the way he acts and his final words seem to imply that he is slipping into death. At this point in the game, without the ToP he is nothing more than a mortal man, and he just got a sword forced into his brain. And even if that didn't kill him, he's still concreted in stone with the Master Sword locked directly into him. It isn't like past cases where the Master Sword is locking whatever is keeping Ganon contained, it's actually locking Ganon himself.

3) He's a rock at the bottom of the ocean. I... I just really don't see how anyone will ever find Ganon or the Master Sword again...

Now, I'm obviously not saying that the timeline is done. The timeline not only can continue, but it already has with Phantom Hourglass. I just don't see Ganon ever showing up again in that particular timeline. Stick a fork in him. He's done.

so are you saying that the adult timeline only consists of WW and PH?

also, after the king makes the wish on the triforce, the three pieces will break apart and go back to their respective holders. the king wished for them to fulfill their destinies. Link and Zelda's destiny is to stop Ganondorf. Ganondorf's destiny is to always be after the triforce which means that he cant die. his destiny is to protect the ToP and if the king wished for him to fulfill his destiny then he can never die, IMO.

im pretty sure that after the wish is made, they all get their triforce pieces back because doesnt Link have the symbol on his hand in the final scene of the game? if so then that means Zelda and Ganondorf would have their pieces too.

also, just to point something out, you are calling him Ganon but Ganon is technically not in the game. Ganon is the demon form and Ganondorf is the Gerudo form. Ganondorf never becomes Ganon in WW. for all we know, the demon part of him could somehow be ressurected (and that is probably the case).

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
Well, I just always call Ganondorf "Ganon". Sort of like a nickname, but at the same time it's not like like I'm mixing up two completely different characters. They techincally are one-in-the-same.

And no, I'm pretty sure the Triforce leaves all three of the characters. I lost a serious debate about this a while ago. Lol. Have 'Charge with Sword' tell you about it.

And I don't think a fulfilled destiny can end with an ellipses. What I mean is that even though Ganon strives for the Triforce, he is ultimately destined to fail or succeed. Since he is pwnd in the end, I think that means he was never destined to have it.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Well, I just always call Ganondorf "Ganon". Sort of like a nickname, but at the same time it's not like like I'm mixing up two completely different characters. They techincally are one-in-the-same.

And no, I'm pretty sure the Triforce leaves all three of the characters. I lost a serious debate about this a while ago. Lol. Have 'Charge with Sword' tell you about it.

And I don't think a fulfilled destiny can end with an ellipses. What I mean is that even though Ganon strives for the Triforce, he is ultimately destined to fail or succeed. Since he is pwnd in the end, I think that means he was never destined to have it.

so then do you think PH is the last game on the AT?

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
Well, as of now I think it is, but I'm not saying it has to be. There can be future games in that timeline. They may even be able to revive Vaati or put Majora into both forks of the timeline, but I just don't think Ganon can ever return after what happened to him.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Well, as of now I think it is, but I'm not saying it has to be. There can be future games in that timeline. They may even be able to revive Vaati or put Majora into both forks of the timeline, but I just don't think Ganon can ever return after what happened to him.

so then any game with Ganon cant go on the AT after PH?

im sorry but that doesnt make much sense especially when you have TP in mind. in TP, you kill Ganondorf just like you do in WW which, by your theory, would mean that he cant come back in future games but the games have to go somewhere.

So far it seems like Wind Waker is the end of Ganondorf well at least on the Adult Timeline.
But only time will tell.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
So far it seems like Wind Waker is the end of Ganondorf well at least on the Adult Timeline.
But only time will tell.

not sure if you saw my last post cus i think we posted at the same time, but Ganondorf also dies in TP and the rest of the games have to go after one or the other. we cant just throw out all of the games from the timeline because Ganondorf died. resurrection is always a possibility as it has happened with Ganon before.

not sure if you saw my last post cus i think we posted at the same time, but Ganondorf also dies in TP and the rest of the games have to go after one or the other. we cant just throw out all of the games from the timeline because Ganondorf died. resurrection is always a possibility as it has happened with Ganon before.

I said that Wind Waker is the last game for Ganondorf in the Adult Timeline.
Twilight Princess is the last game for Ganondorf in the Child Timeline.

And I believe there's at least two different Ganons in the Zelda Timeline,Ganondorf and Trident Ganon.

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
The end of TP was different, though.

1) The Triforce was never wished upon by someone with goodness in their heart. No one ever made the wish to have any of the Triforce Pieces removed from Link, Zelda, and/or Ganondorf. Even though Ganondorf was smote by the Master Sword, he still should have the ToP. He also doesn't appear to be sealed in any way, just subdued. In WW he becomes a statue. In TP he just sort of stops moving.

2) Ganondorf is standing in the middle of Hyrule Field. It's not like WW where he's trapped at the bottom of the ocean, concreted to his tower in a forgotten realm unreachable by human means. In TP he's become more of a landmark than a corpse. If Link ever needed to get the Master Sword back, he'll know where to find it.

Well Ganon or Ganondorf, which ever one you mean was probably resurected by the witch sisters in both timelines, but I'm not really sure. Its an awesome game and it should have the main character bosses like Ganon in it, but thats my opinion.

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
The Witch Sisters (aka: Koume and Koutake; aka: Twinrova) only appear in OoT, MM, and OoS and OoA. I'm not sure where either of the Oracle games fit on the timeline, but I think they're all before WW and TP. At least I know for certain that OoT and MM are. They're the first two games chronologically.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
Thank you for the reference to our lovely debate DvSag. However you must know that it's been proven possible to revive Ganon.

Aol said that Ganon's minions would have to spill his killer's blood, until WW Link dies, Ganon's surviving minions can make pursute.
In OOX Koume and Kotake attempted to revive Ganon by using a ritual that required Destruction, Chaos, and Despair.

It is possible that he will be revived.

However perhaps he could still be existing in "Ganon." I for one am a person who believe that Ganon and Ganondorf are two different people. The Triforce of Power seems to be the embodiment of Ganon since he was technically born from it mixed with Ganondorf's malice. This would lead to an LOZ-Aol com after LOZ theory.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
i believe they are one person. Ganondorf didnt have the ToP at the beginning of OoT. he acquired it and before he got it, he knew that he wanted to take over Hyrule and achieve ultimate power. regardless of if he had the ToP i think he would have pursued his goal of taking over Hyrule or trying to get the Triforce anyway. it was just kind of a bonus that he got the ToP out of his lust for power. whether he is Ganondorf or Ganon, he still is after the same thing which implies they are the same person with the same goal. if they werent, that would mean every time Ganondorf turns to Ganon he completely loses his Gerudo mind and his thoughts and becomes a completely different being. i find it impossible that without any evidence or quotes to support this it could be true. i believe it is one being with one goal and he just wont die until he achieves it or until the series ends.

Shnappy

derp
Well, it's hard to say. Every Zelda game with Ganon being the ultimate, final boss, it seems like he dies. The End. The Wind Waker, with the sword being thrust into the skull and Ganon subsequently being turned into stone, I think, is just another way for him to die, but some may argue that Nintendo had made it more "dramatic", so to speak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom