• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Is The World of the Ocean King a Flooded Termina?

Think about it... They are both somewhat alternate worlds compared to the overworld of its prequel in which Link ends up ... Also, there are characters there that don't remember him; Cyclos, Beedle, et cetra...
Is there a connection? Think about the passage of time in Termina--alwats alter with the Ocarina of Time... would this somehow relate to the supposed "ten minutes" Link had on his quest in Phantom Hourglass?
Discuss...

ComposerBrother

Composer of Hyrule
Well, it is unlikely considering the placement of the islands. The only surface in termina tall enough to stay over the sea would be woodfall, snowhead, and ikana. Yet, there are still islands to the west.

Personaly, I do not beleive this theory and you barely gave anything to help your side of the arguement, but I understand what you mean. The Cyclos from TWW and PH are canonicly different Cycloses. Meaning, they are not 'Terminian Counterparts' and have no connection to eachother. Now, Beedle, I alwayes though it was the same beedle. Were do you find evidence saying he forgot about you?

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
Well its true they are both parrallel worlds but if Termina doesnt exist in reality why would have flood in the first place anyways

W

wetay

How about the theory about them being DIFFERENT WORLDS. I would hate if a troll post was my first one. Bad impressions and all. And I told everyone that that was it before I thought about this one thing. When Link went into Termina the first time there was all this satanic unconnected triforce stuff, and when Link Jr. Jr. Jr. or whatever went into the World of the Ocean King he saw a boat. A demon boat, I'll give you that. Who cares. Did you see any stuff lik in MM at all? And why would the people above ground have no legends about the giants? But maybe PART of it could be Termina. There is that goron place on a mountain with a multilayered dungeon and stuff. But nah. No reasoning for it to be Termina.

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
How about the theory about them being DIFFERENT WORLDS. I would hate if a troll post was my first one. Bad impressions and all. And I told everyone that that was it before I thought about this one thing. When Link went into Termina the first time there was all this satanic unconnected triforce stuff, and when Link Jr. Jr. Jr. or whatever went into the World of the Ocean King he saw a boat. A demon boat, I'll give you that. Who cares. Did you see any stuff lik in MM at all? And why would the people above ground have no legends about the giants? But maybe PART of it could be Termina. There is that goron place on a mountain with a multilayered dungeon and stuff. But nah. No reasoning for it to be Termina.

Actually, I see where Mandy is going with this theory. The flow of time flows in Termina, and the quest that Link departs into to save Tetra, was only 10 minutes in the "real world." And some of the features of Termina are islands in World of the Ocean King, but other than that, there is no evidence of Termina being a flooded World of the Ocean King.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
It's possible it could be Termina, but at the same time it's kinda hard to tell, cause you've got to remember in the CT, Link saved Termina, thus preventing it from getting crushed by the moon. But in the AT, which is when PH takes place, Link wasn't there to save Termina which means that it was destroyed. And with an impact like that from a moon, it would've more than likely destroyed everything in it's path, including the mountains, and the Stone Tower. Then the water from the Great flood would've covered it Termina and with everything destroyed already from the moon, it wouldn't have showed any islands. But that doesn't mean that it's entirely impossible due to the time change and the "transportation to another world thing" that occurs in both games.

T

The Zelda Guru

I think PH has more to do with LA than MM. I mean look at the Ocean king!!!

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
I don't have much to say. After seeing the Wind Fish I believed that the Ocean King was a relative of the Wind Fish, if not the Wind Fish himself. However the though of the world being Termina would then need to signify that Termina is merely in fact reached when Termina is in danger. This would mean that Termina is only found when it is in danger. On the world being Koholint, I don't think so. Koholint was merely a dream, so that would mean that Link and Tetra merely fell asleep for 10 minutes. Now that I type this it just might be possible.

Well its true they are both parallel worlds but if Termina doesn't exist in reality why would have flood in the first place anyways
well the i think that reason it would be flooded would be that in the AT link would never have saved Termina from the moon, so the gods would do the same thing to majoras mask as they did to ganon. or mabey the moon destroyed everything, changing the landscape in the west, and allowing the waters of the great bay cover the entire continent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom